VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMDEV18 View Post
    Wow, what a fast response! sorry, but.....how can I make things ignore the teleport trace? Do you mean with a clamping logic or is this a specific tag or propriety that you can activate on some objects ? Thanks
    The trace is ran on a trace channel, make a custom teleport trace channel and assign it to it, then make it off by default for all objects and only enable it on your floors

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Mackazz View Post
      Is there a way to like grab another character for example in the head and the character goes ragdoll while i hold him, just like in boneworks for example. If there is, do you mind explaining how to get it working?
      Best regards
      Mackazz
      Yeah grip object with a bone specified, the very current version of the plugin has a grippable character base class to make it easier.

You could also always just use a physics constraint if you didn't want to use the grip system.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The trace is ran on a trace channel, make a custom teleport trace channel and assign it to it, then make it off by default for all objects and only enable it on your floors
        I get it; I' ll try on my project and hope this works , thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Yeah grip object with a bone specified, the very current version of the plugin has a grippable character base class to make it easier.

You could also always just use a physics constraint if you didn't want to use the grip system.
          Thanks for the help and quick response!

Allthough i've run into another issue at the moment... With the master branch it says when rebuilding to the project "Could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually." The project works when i'm deleting the plugin... I must do something wrong somewhere,
          I've tried with both the source version from visual studio and regular engine version from epic games launcher and it says the same thing on both.
          Any idea what i'm doing wrong?
          Best regards
          Mackazz
          Last edited by Mackazz; 02-16-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackazz View Post

Thanks for the help and quick response!

Allthough i've run into another issue at the moment... With the master branch it says when rebuilding to the project "Could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually." The project works when i'm deleting the plugin... I must do something wrong somewhere,
            I've tried with both the source version from visual studio and regular engine version from epic games launcher and it says the same thing on both.
            Any idea what i'm doing wrong?
            Best regards
            Mackazz
            The repository isn't pre-built, you have to compile it unless you download one of the pre-built packages.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, after reading nearly all 243 pages and your help docs.. I have this running in 4.24.2 on the Quest (v13) perfectly, took some reading but wonderful work indeed; just a quick thanks and I'll be joining patreon this weekend, cheers.

Comment

I realized that I have been posting most updates and videos to the website exclusively. So I am linking the latest update video here as well for people that do not frequent there as often.

Beta Melee grip script, and a quick extra grip script addition bonus

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, for some reason the red sphere grip helpers have vanished (not rendering), the only thing I've changed was running the Oculus helper that switched on Multi-view and direct rendering, would this have an effect on rendering these ?.

Few other possible options, I changed the left hand material to white (now back to default).. also switched on custom collisions and set VR tracing to ignore on a few boxes to stop climbing.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MRSWEET6 View Post
                    Hi, for some reason the red sphere grip helpers have vanished (not rendering), the only thing I've changed was running the Oculus helper that switched on Multi-view and direct rendering, would this have an effect on rendering these ?.

Few other possible options, I changed the left hand material to white (now back to default).. also switched on custom collisions and set VR tracing to ignore on a few boxes to stop climbing.

Thanks
                    Yeah its possible that one of those graphic settings is not debug rendering the spheres in editor anymore.

There is a CanObjectBeClimbed function that you can override / change to filter out what is allowed to be climbed by the way.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

^^ Thanks for that *and the super fast reply*, I'll have a play.

Comment

Originally posted by MRSWEET6 View Post
                        ^^ Thanks for that *and the super fast reply*, I'll have a play.
                        Yep, Mobile Multi-View was the issue for ref, thank you.

Comment

i really love this plugin, it works so well I am struggling though,.. with something, and it must be really really easy, but somehow i cannot figure out whats going wrong. I spawn pickup_objects (like the pickupcube default) and other objects during play. And i want to stand on these objects, i made them bigger dan 2m. But somehow there is no way to get this done. I tried allready change the navmesh settings, but these are allready dynamic. All other objects i can stand/ teleport on, but these spawned objects not. Has anyone an idea what i do wrong here?

cheers robert
                          Last edited by wontonanimalchin; 02-20-2020, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                            I recently updated to 4.24 Oculus Source Build and i'm having an issue where only one part of the VR pawn will replicate such as the hands and head, until i take the headset off then it will start replicating all as normal. would you know a fix for this or what would cause this?
                            Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post
                              i really love this plugin, it works so well I am struggling though,.. with something, and it must be really really easy, but somehow i cannot figure out whats going wrong. I spawn pickup_objects (like the pickupcube default) and other objects during play. And i want to stand on these objects, i made them bigger dan 2m. But somehow there is no way to get this done. I tried allready change the navmesh settings, but these are allready dynamic. All other objects i can stand/ teleport on, but these spawned objects not. Has anyone an idea what i do wrong here?

cheers robert
                              They are dynamic objects, the characters capsule by default only collides with the static collision channel, you can either spawn them to static or change the capsules collision settings.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by RazkingZ View Post
                                Hi,
                                I recently updated to 4.24 Oculus Source Build and i'm having an issue where only one part of the VR pawn will replicate such as the hands and head, until i take the headset off then it will start replicating all as normal. would you know a fix for this or what would cause this?
                                Cheers,
                                Replicate? Or track in general?

Replication shouldn't have anything to do with their branch, so it would be more likely that they have a bug where devices are listed as inactive until the wearing flag is toggled on again.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X