VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAFGEN1 View Post
    Thank you for putting together this VR plugin with multiplayer capability which resolved many problems we faced. It was working in single-player scenarios without any issue but in multiplayer we ran into a recurring issue that has been randomly causing a crash. The call stack for the crash is below along with the parameters we use for gripping as the issue appears to be caused by gripping/dropping. We are using the 4.23 plugin.
    I'll note that generally it would be better to be using the GripObjectByInterface node as you have more control with it on a per object basis.

Regardless, what engine version are you on? There was a crash with UpdateMassProperties that I fixed a couple of months ago, haven't had any re-occuring reports of it since.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

If its failing on the actual grip node it should be printing to console why it failed. If its not failing on that then its likely gripped but is a physical grip and it doesn't have valid collision or the drop distance is too small and it is automatically dropping right away.
      Finally i got it working by deleting the Intermediate and Saved folders Something must have been messed up on my side.

Comment

Hi mordentral, thank you for your great work. Is the ArmIK ready for use and will this be available for 4.23?

Comment

Originally posted by Razivoid View Post
          Hi mordentral, thank you for your great work. Is the ArmIK ready for use and will this be available for 4.23?
          When/if it releases it won't really be engine version based, aside from some animation node differences.

But its something that is going to take a lot of tweaking to get to where I want it to be and I am not exclusively working on it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

When/if it releases it won't really be engine version based, aside from some animation node differences.

But its something that is going to take a lot of tweaking to get to where I want it to be and I am not exclusively working on it.
            Nice, I think it would prove to be more valuable as a stand-alone. It's highly desirable for me to implement ArmIK with the ultimate goal of having a responsive body. Even if it's not where you want it, your videos show that it's at a good stage and I would certainly pay for it now. I understand you have priorities so will wait in anticipation!

Comment

I'll note that generally it would be better to be using the GripObjectByInterface node as you have more control with it on a per object basis.

Regardless, what engine version are you on? There was a crash with UpdateMassProperties that I fixed a couple of months ago, haven't had any re-occuring reports of it since.
              Thank for your reply,

We are using the 4.23 Engine version.

In the past couple of days, we think we managed to narrow down the cause of the issue. It seems caused due to gripped objects having welded physics bodies which can be detached and reattached (eg. Gun and Magazine). Removing the magazine and destroying it happens on the Server (Magazine and gun are replicated, actors). It seems like magazine detachment is not replicated as expected on the client. Since the client tries to update the mass properties of the gun with a gripping or dropping event and the magazine is still attached yet destroyed there is a crash. We suspect that the same issue can occur due to net culling also so we made relevant physics bodies always relevant. Is this something you have encountered previously and do you have any thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by SAFGEN1 View Post

Thank for your reply,

We are using the 4.23 Engine version.

In the past couple of days, we think we managed to narrow down the cause of the issue. It seems caused due to gripped objects having welded physics bodies which can be detached and reattached (eg. Gun and Magazine). Removing the magazine and destroying it happens on the Server (Magazine and gun are replicated, actors). It seems like magazine detachment is not replicated as expected on the client. Since the client tries to update the mass properties of the gun with a gripping or dropping event and the magazine is still attached yet destroyed there is a crash. We suspect that the same issue can occur due to net culling also so we made relevant physics bodies always relevant. Is this something you have encountered previously and do you have any thoughts on this?
                The crash I was talking about was specifically that, I added a
                Code:
                if (!root->IsPendingKill())
                flag above the mass properties update to work around it.

I don't know how old your copy is but that should have resolved it, more so from the log you posted where its specifically that section that was throwing it and it shouldn't get that far anymore on an up to date copy of 4.23 if the object is pending kill. (though I'll note that from the log it also appears that you are gripping the object again for some reason even though you are destroying it).

If you have a reproduction on a up to date copy though I can look into resolving it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi,

i’m using the oculus source version of ue4 4.24.1
                  when i put the plugin into the plugin folder it says it’s for 4.20.0 but i get to choose to try rebuild it and when i do the plugin shows up. Allthough after enabling it and restart the editor, it doesn’t show anything from your plugin even if i choose ”show engine content and show plugins content”.
                  Any idea what i can to do to make your plugin work?

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Mackazz View Post
                    Hi,

when i put the plugin into the plugin folder it says it’s for 4.20.0 but i get to choose to try rebuild it and when i do the plugin shows up. Allthough after enabling it and restart the editor, it doesn’t show anything from your plugin even if i choose ”show engine content and show plugins content”.

best regards
                    Sounds like you downloaded the wrong version? Make sure you get the default / master branch copy.

Also source builds are all unique builds so the plugin has to specifically be compiled against it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Mackazz View Post
                      Hi,

best regards
                      I had the same issue with the Oculus version of the engine. Copy the plugin to YourProject/Plugins folder, generate visual studio files and build your project from visual studio.

Comment

Hello Again!

I was wondering,

Is there a way to set the tracking origin to "Stage-mode" (Oculus Quest)? What I want to achieve is that the position of the player is always matching with the real-world room.
                        Currently I have to start the game from a fixed center point and when something goes wrong, I have to restart the game from center again so that it is matching.

I know there is a node called "Get-Pose" which gives you the position in the guardian, but the problem with that is that the center is based on where the quest was re-centered.
                        If I understand correctly, with stage mode it doesn't matter where you reentered the quest, as it'll always take the center of the play-area as zero-point.

Has anyone figured this out (yet)?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel.

Comment

Hi,
                          I’m using this great plugin, and learning something new everyday, but don’t know how to solve this: I have a building with two floors and some furniture; I’ve created a Navmesh that occupies all the floor area , and when you’re in the first plan and point to somewhere you’re teletransported (using in teletransport mode), ok. If you point to the second floor (looking to the ceiling you’re teletransported,ok. But if you’re in the first plant and point to a place there’s a furniture (that has collision) the teletransport are icon is drawn in the ceiling and you’re send to this point; the furniture has to have collision volume (chairs, tables that you can grab).
                          I have tested with independent Navmesh in every floor, but the problem is present; I can’t deactivate volume collision in objects because I want to hit with them and grab them…do you have any idea how to solve this? I could modify the system to go up to the second floor (with stairs or with a lift) , but because the floor has volume collision , it’s detected from down when pointing to a furniture and don’t want this; and the obviously answer: “don’t point to furniture“ it’s not valid, because the place is a school with lots of tables and chairs. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JMDEV18 View Post
                            Hi,
                            I’m using this great plugin, and learning something new everyday, but don’t know how to solve this: I have a building with two floors and some furniture; I’ve created a Navmesh that occupies all the floor area , and when you’re in the first plan and point to somewhere you’re teletransported (using in teletransport mode), ok. If you point to the second floor (looking to the ceiling you’re teletransported,ok. But if you’re in the first plant and point to a place there’s a furniture (that has collision) the teletransport are icon is drawn in the ceiling and you’re send to this point; the furniture has to have collision volume (chairs, tables that you can grab).
                            I have tested with independent Navmesh in every floor, but the problem is present; I can’t deactivate volume collision in objects because I want to hit with them and grab them…do you have any idea how to solve this? I could modify the system to go up to the second floor (with stairs or with a lift) , but because the floor has volume collision , it’s detected from down when pointing to a furniture and don’t want this; and the obviously answer: “don’t point to furniture“ it’s not valid, because the place is a school with lots of tables and chairs. Thanks
                            Either move the checking point downwards so that it projects to the correct nav mesh or run some clamping logic that prevents teleporting outside of a set range where it attempts to get the teleport location. You can also make things ignore the teleport trace.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Either move the checking point downwards so that it projects to the correct nav mesh or run some clamping logic that prevents teleporting outside of a set range where it attempts to get the teleport location. You can also make things ignore the teleport trace.
                              Wow, what a fast response! sorry, but.....how can I make things ignore the teleport trace? Do you mean with a clamping logic or is this a specific tag or propriety that you can activate on some objects ? Thanks

Comment

Is there a way to like grab another character for example in the head and the character goes ragdoll while i hold him, just like in boneworks for example. If there is, do you mind explaining how to get it working?
                                Best regards
                                Mackazz

Comment

Working...
                                X