X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Max_mne View Post
    Hi,

I'm having a strange glitch with ue 4.22 oculus branch and vrxp :
    When I'm displaying a VRwidget, it's all glitchy when a move the head. Didn't have this problem with 4.22 from epic's launcher. Maybe something to do with late-latching ?
    (on oculus quest, with vulkan)
    Wouldn't know, you'd have to turn it off and see, I can't exactly change the world position based on updates that happen that far in the render thread so you would have to either use a tracker locked stereo layer then or a world widget if that is the case.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Tried it and same problem. It's not related to late latching, but this glitch appears only on last 4.24.1 oculus branch and not on epic launcher's 4.24.1.
      But it doesn't appear with unreal widget.

edit : ok, I just saw that I was mistaking in my first message, it's on 4.24, not 4.22
      sry
      Last edited by Max_mne; 01-10-2020, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max_mne View Post
        Tried it and same problem. It's not related to late latching, but this glitch appears only on last 4.24.1 oculus branch and not on epic launcher's 4.24.1.
        But it doesn't appear with unreal widget.

edit : ok, I just saw that I was mistaking in my first message, it's on 4.24, not 4.22
        sry
        Unreals widget doesn't use the stereo layer as a display format, so no it wouldn't change. There would have to be some difference in the oculus branch, but I don't tailor my code to that branch as it has platform exclusive changes and may / may not have bugs that aren't in the primary engine.

You can see if you can reproduce with a standard stereo layer component, and if so, report it to oculus as a bug specific to their branch.

You can also try turning on EpicsWorldSpace option on my stereo layer widget and see if that does anything, it uses a different method of locking the world space (off by default because it has been buggy).
        Last edited by mordentral; 01-10-2020, 11:43 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

First of all, great plugin!

I am currently prototyping a wheelchair, and was wondering what approach you would recommend.
          I was thinking of something along the lines of: adding invisible VRLever components to the mesh.
          Then, updating the wheel's bone rotation based on the lever movement. Any suggestions?

Also, would you consider opening up your discord to the community and having private channels for supporters instead?
          Last edited by Byrkoet; 01-11-2020, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrkoet View Post
            First of all, great plugin!

I am currently prototyping a wheelchair, and was wondering what approach you would recommend.
            I was thinking of something along the lines of: adding invisible VRLever components to the mesh.
            Then, updating the wheel's bone rotation based on the lever movement. Any suggestions?

Also, would you consider opening up your discord to the community and having private channels for supporters instead?
            You could do it that way if you wanted too, but it would also be possible to actually physically simulate it and grip and base movement on that if you wanted too as well.

As for the discord, I been back and forth over that recently, the original intention was to distance myself a bit as I wasn't getting things done using all of my spare time answering questions. I haven't decided yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you so much for the plugin, its helping me a lot, but im trying to get 2 computers in the same room to join in mulitplayer and i cant seem to do that. I have the project open on both computers, and i host the server from one of them and i try to search and join on the other ( it can find the server) but then when i join , both pawns cant see each other. Im sure im missing something but ive been searching through the forum but i cant get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouniryssf View Post
                Thank you so much for the plugin, its helping me a lot, but im trying to get 2 computers in the same room to join in mulitplayer and i cant seem to do that. I have the project open on both computers, and i host the server from one of them and i try to search and join on the other ( it can find the server) but then when i join , both pawns cant see each other. Im sure im missing something but ive been searching through the forum but i cant get it to work.
                It should be working fine like that unless you have some kind of inner network issue. There isn't much to say though, not enough information to try and debug.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

It should be working fine like that unless you have some kind of inner network issue. There isn't much to say though, not enough information to try and debug.
                  i have the 4.22 version on my laptop and the 4.23 version on my desktop. Ive packaged both as development and kept the online subsystem as Steam. They are both on the same wifi wifi network and when i launch both and have one host via LAN and the other search via LAN also , it finds it but then when it joins neither session can see the other (im not using headsets yet im iust trying to get the system going correctly first) so it defaults to the vive fps. So if you could just help me understand what im doing wrong id id sooo grateful. Thanks again so much

Edit : Also without checking LAN the same happens. Ive also tried NULL as a subsystem in the ini file. But they still cant see each other.
                  Last edited by Mouniryssf; 01-12-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

i have the 4.22 version on my laptop and the 4.23 version on my desktop. Ive packaged both as development and kept the online subsystem as Steam. They are both on the same wifi wifi network and when i launch both and have one host via LAN and the other search via LAN also , it finds it but then when it joins neither session can see the other (im not using headsets yet im iust trying to get the system going correctly first) so it defaults to the vive fps. So if you could just help me understand what im doing wrong id id sooo grateful. Thanks again so much

Edit : Also without checking LAN the same happens. Ive also tried NULL as a subsystem in the ini file. But they still cant see each other.
                    Oh....then they are denying because of incompatible engine versions. Why would you try to connect two entirely different builds?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

My laptop has the older version thats all. I didnt know that would make a difference. Even if they are packaged builds?

Comment

My laptop has the older version thats all. I didnt know that would make a difference. Even if they are packaged builds?
                        Yes, very much so, there could be vast differences in the packets and net serialization, not to mention the gameplay assets and code itself. Sessions check for compatible build number by default.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You could do it that way if you wanted too, but it would also be possible to actually physically simulate it and grip and base movement on that if you wanted too as well.

As for the discord, I been back and forth over that recently, the original intention was to distance myself a bit as I wasn't getting things done using all of my spare time answering questions. I haven't decided yet.
                          Since then, I've tried the lever approach, with SetDriveTorque on the specific wheel being moved. But it doesn't work well, so I looked into your suggestion, but I'm not sure what is meant by simulate grip and base movement. Like attach cylinders (with phys mat) using constraints to the base mesh and simulate physics? Currently I have the entire wheelchair as a skeletal mesh, which made me think the initial approach made more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrkoet View Post

Since then, I've tried the lever approach, with SetDriveTorque on the specific wheel being moved. But it doesn't work well, so I looked into your suggestion, but I'm not sure what is meant by simulate grip and base movement. Like attach cylinders (with phys mat) using constraints to the base mesh and simulate physics? Currently I have the entire wheelchair as a skeletal mesh, which made me think the initial approach made more sense.
                            You can use PerBoneGripping and actually physically simulate the wheels, using a physical grip like manipulation or interactive_with_physics you could directly apply forces to the wheel then. Logically though, you don't need a lever, you can just use any collision object that you want and a CustomGrip type and track how you want the wheel to mirror the hand movements.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello friends, I really need your help with multiplayer on this plugin. Everything works great, me and my friend can connect to each other server, but how can I change level for both of us? Lets say we are in lobby together and want to start a level how can this be done? BTW I am using 4.23.1 unreal version.

I'm really looking forward for your help

Comment

You can use PerBoneGripping and actually physically simulate the wheels, using a physical grip like manipulation or interactive_with_physics you could directly apply forces to the wheel then. Logically though, you don't need a lever, you can just use any collision object that you want and a CustomGrip type and track how you want the wheel to mirror the hand movements.
                                Wouldn't simulating physics on a cylinder be way more inferior than the enhanced physics interaction of the VehicleWheel from the PhysxVehicles module? Or are you implying I use the same class for the wheels? Also, applying forces to the wheel Is currently done by the SimpleVehicle component's SetTorque or w/e. Would I have to manually rotate them to accelerate or something? Appreciate your suggestions btw, you're a lifesaver.

Originally posted by lukasliti View Post
                                Hello friends, I really need your help with multiplayer on this plugin. Everything works great, me and my friend can connect to each other server, but how can I change level for both of us? Lets say we are in lobby together and want to start a level how can this be done? BTW I am using 4.23.1 unreal version.

I'm really looking forward for your help
                                Server travel would be your best bet https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ing/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X