VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batlord View Post
    It was almost perfect... It works when the sword is motionless. But when I throw my sword upward and try to grab it in flight the sword doesn't snap at the "perfect" position anymore.
    Any clue ? Thanks

Edit : It works when I use component instead of mesh sockets for snapping . Any idea why ?
    There is no real reason why that would differ unless you are sampling old positions

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

If been testing around with the vr expansion template trying to figure it all out as im still pretty new to the unreal engine like it allot some nice features like the car handeling mechanics and all.
      Before i would do anything i wanted to test out the multiplayer performance so i made a build of the template sended it to a friend of mine to see if we could join each other and see all the movements.
      To my dissapiontment it did not work with a clean template to find each other servers.
      Is this because i forget to do a neede setup step?

Comment

Originally posted by olmotje View Post
        If been testing around with the vr expansion template trying to figure it all out as im still pretty new to the unreal engine like it allot some nice features like the car handeling mechanics and all.
        Before i would do anything i wanted to test out the multiplayer performance so i made a build of the template sended it to a friend of mine to see if we could join each other and see all the movements.
        To my dissapiontment it did not work with a clean template to find each other servers.
        Is this because i forget to do a neede setup step?
        The default state of the template will require steam to be running, and it is using the test AppID for steam so you will both also need to be on the same download region in steam settings as the test AppID is region locked.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi mordentral :

To enable the previous version of VRExpPluginExample to build in UE 4.24 win64, the following files of Plugins need to be checkout with these changes :

1 - Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSteamSessions\Source\AdvancedSteamSessions\Private\AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary.cpp:

@ line 330:
          //Setting some Parameters for the Texture and finally returning it
          //Avatar->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
          Avatar->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

2 - Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.cpp

@ line 400:
          //NewRenderTarget2D->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
          NewRenderTarget2D->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

and @ line 1107:
          //OutTexture->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
          OutTexture->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

Regards,

​​​​​​​Thiago

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The default state of the template will require steam to be running, and it is using the test AppID for steam so you will both also need to be on the same download region in steam settings as the test AppID is region locked.
            I believe we were but i will test it out later to make sure thanks for fast response

Comment

Originally posted by tbarbanti View Post
              Hi mordentral :

To enable the previous version of VRExpPluginExample to build in UE 4.24 win64, the following files of Plugins need to be checkout with these changes :

1 - Plugins\AdvancedSessions\AdvancedSteamSessions\Source\AdvancedSteamSessions\Private\AdvancedSteamFriendsLibrary.cpp:

@ line 330:
              //Avatar->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
              Avatar->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

2 - Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Private\OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.cpp

@ line 400:
              //NewRenderTarget2D->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
              NewRenderTarget2D->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

and @ line 1107:
              //OutTexture->PlatformData->NumSlices = 1; // prior < 4.24
              OutTexture->PlatformData->SetNumSlices(1); // 4.24 IMPLEMENTATION

Regards,

Thiago
              the 4.24 version of the plugins already have all of that changed, you should be updating the plugins directly on new versions or pulling inchanges.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Has anyone tried getting a small gun to work? I changed the skeletal mesh of the basegun and it stops firing. I've adjusted fireloc and even tried forcing the logic to always fire. It only fires when I use the included skeletal mesh.

Comment

Originally posted by cptrecon View Post
                  Has anyone tried getting a small gun to work? I changed the skeletal mesh of the basegun and it stops firing. I've adjusted fireloc and even tried forcing the logic to always fire. It only fires when I use the included skeletal mesh.
                  The template gun does some logic to disable firing if not held at the handle socket, you can remove that logic or add a handle socket to your new mesh.

Or override GetClosestSocketInRange and pass out a component that you move around instead.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Getting exception today (yesterday worked fine, no changes).

Only thing that changed is new version of steam vr. 1.9.13

Here is the errorClick image for larger version

Name:	vrexpansionError.PNG
Views:	293
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1699607

Comment

Originally posted by Aladin Sane View Post
                      Getting exception today (yesterday worked fine, no changes).

Only thing that changed is new version of steam vr. 1.9.13

Here is the errorClick image for larger version

Name:	vrexpansionError.PNG
Views:	293
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1699607
                      Ug....yeah the beta version of SteamVR was crashing for people, guess they took it live without fixing it first. This isn't something that I can fix for you though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

ok gotcha. thanks for the response.

Comment

Anyone successfully made the plugin work on Oculus Quest?
                          I'm trying to make ir run trough version 4.24 but I get this error message:

LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: SteamVR.uplugin is referenced via ProjectName.uproject with a mismatched 'SupportedTargetPlatforms' field. This will cause problems in packaged builds, because the .uplugin file will not be staged. Launch the editor to update references from your project file, or update references from other plugins manually.

Any idea o how to solve it? or maybe someone already have it running on Quest?
                          Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by zerozone View Post
                            Anyone successfully made the plugin work on Oculus Quest?
                            I'm trying to make ir run trough version 4.24 but I get this error message:

LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: SteamVR.uplugin is referenced via ProjectName.uproject with a mismatched 'SupportedTargetPlatforms' field. This will cause problems in packaged builds, because the .uplugin file will not be staged. Launch the editor to update references from your project file, or update references from other plugins manually.

Any idea o how to solve it? or maybe someone already have it running on Quest?
                            Thank you very much
                            Disable the steamvr plugin is all.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Should the grip motion controller function GetControllerDeviceID return a unique id for each motion controller? When I try the setup below, run for both my grip motion controller objects, it always returns the same Device ID value (3). Maybe I am totally misunderstanding what the DeviceID is..? I'm not sure if its completely contextual on my end, it appears that the correct device IDs for my controllers are 4 and 5, according to the output of GetValidTrackedDeviceIds when looking for controllers. For some greater context, I'm trying to differentiate between controller types (primarily, vive wand and index controllers, since most others can be figured out based on the HMD) at grip time so I can adjust the grip transform to look/feel better for the index controllers.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1701124

Comment

Originally posted by swolf View Post
                                Should the grip motion controller function GetControllerDeviceID return a unique id for each motion controller? When I try the setup below, run for both my grip motion controller objects, it always returns the same Device ID value (3). Maybe I am totally misunderstanding what the DeviceID is..? I'm not sure if its completely contextual on my end, it appears that the correct device IDs for my controllers are 4 and 5, according to the output of GetValidTrackedDeviceIds when looking for controllers. For some greater context, I'm trying to differentiate between controller types (primarily, vive wand and index controllers, since most others can be figured out based on the HMD) at grip time so I can adjust the grip transform to look/feel better for the index controllers.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1701124
                                Yeah actually it should, i'll look into it but I think I fixed something regarding that in 4.23, unsure what engine version you are in.

There is a GetOpenVRControllerType node as well in current plugin versions, its not on the generated node documentation yet is all.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X