VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksieburg View Post
    Hi, can anyone help me with gripping? I'm using the VRSimpleCharacter and I implemented VRGripInterface in many blueprints but when I grab the item it seems to disappear, until I noticed the cubes were shooting off to other locations. In my VRSimpleCharacter I tried even replacing my call to GrabObjectToInterace with a simple AttachToComponent call that attaches the object to LeftMotionController, but I'm still seeing the same issue.

Has anyone come across this issue?
    I was going to say that you were passing in the incorrect transform to the grip node, but if it is shooting out when just calling attach then its something else that you specifically are doing. Obviously without calling grip the grip code wouldn't have any effect on the item anymore.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi mordentral
      We seem to be getting a ton of rubber banding in multiplayer when using the VRMovement component, even in the editor just testing 2 clients or running as a dedicated server, the clients are popping around all over the place. All other objects replicate fine even on clients with high ping so im not sure whats causing this in this component.
      This keeps showing in the log

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
        Hi mordentral
        We seem to be getting a ton of rubber banding in multiplayer when using the VRMovement component, even in the editor just testing 2 clients or running as a dedicated server, the clients are popping around all over the place. All other objects replicate fine even on clients with high ping so im not sure whats causing this in this component.
        This keeps showing in the log

Spoiler
        Well the usual cause of that bad of client correction would be you improperly setting position or altering the clients position in a manner that the server cannot reproduce on tick. You have to follow the character movement components replication order or turn on client authority movement in order to do things that way. Other objects wouldn't show the same signs because they aren't replicated the same as character movement components.

There are a ton of things that you could be doing wrong though to cause that, keep in mind that the VRCMC is just a modified character movement component, the only major difference is it has some extended capabilities and the rotation is also server rollbacked by default which isn't how the normal CMC handles rotation.

Not knowing what you are doing specifically with your setup though means I cannot give you an actual answer. You can feel free to PM me here or message me in discord about how/what you are handling movement with.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Got it working, and you where indeed right, was a missmatch in the versions.

But I am realy stuck on one problem, when I spawn ingame (on oculus quest) the camera defaults on the floor, so i gotha lie down with the headset on, reset camera and then stand up, been googling and searched on the forums here. But seems like people are using blueprints with the plug in, but i just got C++ files in the project, so i am not able to find the "track from eyes" and not "from floor". Tried moving the camera as a quick fix, but it resets to the floor when i start the game.

Other then that, this plugin have been a lifesaver

Comment

Originally posted by WideBoy View Post
            Got it working, and you where indeed right, was a missmatch in the versions.

But I am realy stuck on one problem, when I spawn ingame (on oculus quest) the camera defaults on the floor, so i gotha lie down with the headset on, reset camera and then stand up, been googling and searched on the forums here. But seems like people are using blueprints with the plug in, but i just got C++ files in the project, so i am not able to find the "track from eyes" and not "from floor". Tried moving the camera as a quick fix, but it resets to the floor when i start the game.

Other then that, this plugin have been a lifesaver
            That isn't a plugin issue but yeah the tracking origin node just calls the c++ interface function from BP anyway so you can access it freely yourself from: UHeadMountedDisplayFunctionLibrary::SetTrackingOrigin.

Alternatively you could also just

Code:
                if (GEngine->XRSystem.IsValid())
                {
                    GEngine->XRSystem->SetTrackingOrigin(EHMDTrackingOrigin::Floor);
                }
            I'm not entirely sure why oculus's headsets default to eye level tracking anymore since the majority of them are roomscale, but it is what it is and you will need to choose which tracking origin you want to use.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral Is it possible to apply vr grip interface to skeletal meshes? I want to make a bow but at the beginning I cant grab the object with skeletal mesh or is it wrong?
              Last edited by mahlukat; 12-09-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mahlukat View Post
                mordentral Is it possible to apply vr grip interface to skeletal meshes? I want to make a bow but at the beginning I cant grab the object with skeletal mesh or is it wrong?
                GrippableSkeletalMeshActor is already interfaced, but yeah you can manually add the interface to any object as well.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

GrippableSkeletalMeshActor is already interfaced, but yeah you can manually add the interface to any object as well.
                  Thank you for quick answer.

Comment

All repositories master branches have been moved over to 4.24, patch notes for 4.24 are here: https://vreue4.com/4-24-patch-notes?...al-patch-notes

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, I ve just started to explore the VREP for a few days (Thank you for that !).

I ve an issue to snap a sword to the hand at the socket location on the object. I watched the videos and read the https://vreue4.com/basic-gripping tutorial and it only works when I grab the "perfect" location of the VRGripP1. Is is possible to extend the snap to the entire sword ? Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Batlord View Post
                        Hello, I ve just started to explore the VREP for a few days (Thank you for that !).

I ve an issue to snap a sword to the hand at the socket location on the object. I watched the videos and read the https://vreue4.com/basic-gripping tutorial and it only works when I grab the "perfect" location of the VRGripP1. Is is possible to extend the snap to the entire sword ? Thanks !
                        There are a few ways to do it first two are without changing any of the actual BP logic.

#1. Override GetClosestSocketInRange function in the sword itself and always pass out the socket location and true no matter what. This will make it always snap to the location. You can use the same setup to pass out component locations or find the closest point on a spline to use instead, ect.

#2. Increase the socket range of the primary grip on the interface settings to be much higher, even up to the full size of the entire object. Its currently in local space so scaling won't effect it.

#3. Use any method that you wish using a custom interface or components to handle passing the transform to the grip function, you can change anything you like, like adding a "Grip zone" component to it and checking for one when going to grip and using that instead,
                        Last edited by mordentral; 12-10-2019, 10:30 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you ! I tried the first solution and it run perfectly !

Comment

Is this plugin support character hand ik collision with physic object? like boneworks,thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by 147258369a View Post
                              Is this plugin support character hand ik collision with physic object? like boneworks,thank you .
                              That doesn't really have anything to do with the plugin itself, they are using physical animations which to an extent is a built in part of the engine (they are using an extensive unity plugin dedicated to it). Granted your IK options to run that off of in engine are currently fairly limited, but you can handle the actual interactivity with this: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ile/index.html

Keep in mind that a good setup will take a lot of tweaking and iteration on limits and forces.
                              Last edited by mordentral; 12-11-2019, 09:39 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Batlord View Post
                                Thank you ! I tried the first solution and it run perfectly !
                                It was almost perfect... It works when the sword is motionless. But when I throw my sword upward and try to grab it in flight the sword doesn't snap at the "perfect" position anymore.
                                Any clue ? Thanks

Edit : It works when I use component instead of mesh sockets for snapping . Any idea why ?
                                Last edited by Batlord; 12-11-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X