No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if this helps, I went to the intermediate file (Bow3_pf1418999182.gen.cpp) after the build tool failed, changed the header from

#include "../Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripMotionControllerComponent.h"
    to
    #include "E:/UE4/GladiusQuest/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripMotionControllerComponent.h"

Run again the UnrealBuildTool.exe from the windows cmd with the same instructions and worked, so it's definitely an issue with the relative path.

Btw, when you nativize, are you running it as an Engine plugin or project plugin?

Thanks
    Last edited by jawatr; 11-17-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jawatr View Post
      Don't know if this helps, I went to the intermediate file (Bow3_pf1418999182.gen.cpp) after the build tool failed, changed the header from

#include "../Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripMotionControllerComponent.h"
      to
      #include "E:/UE4/GladiusQuest/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripMotionControllerComponent.h"

Run again the UnrealBuildTool.exe from the windows cmd with the same instructions and worked, so it's definitely an issue with the relative path.

Btw, when you nativize, are you running it as an Engine plugin or project plugin?

Thanks
      Project plugin, and yeah that looks like the auto gen source is generating the incorrect relative path..... Not sure that I can do anything about that on my end?

I was nativizing for quest as well and didn't run into that in mine.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Project plugin, and yeah that looks like the auto gen source is generating the incorrect relative path..... Not sure that I can do anything about that on my end?

I was nativizing for quest as well and didn't run into that in mine.
        I'll post this on the UE4 forums, hopefully someone will know how to fix it. I will also try to nativize your exemple template, maybe there is something wrong with my installation.

Thank you very much for you help anyway!

Edit: for anyone interested in this issue, I just posted a question on answerhub:
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...h-not-fou.html
        Last edited by jawatr; 11-18-2019, 06:33 AM.

Comment

I didn't see any guides to installing this plugin on a source build specifically, so I followed the video on your website. The project opens and so far doesn't seem to have any issues. Is the install really that easy for a source build project as well, or did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by McPhearson View Post
            I didn't see any guides to installing this plugin on a source build specifically, so I followed the video on your website. The project opens and so far doesn't seem to have any issues. Is the install really that easy for a source build project as well, or did I miss something?
            For a source build, you will be building it out anyway, as long as you include the plugin at the project or engine level and re-build your project it will be fine. You just can't use the pre-built packages without re-compiling them as they are under a different release (even if its the same engine version as the launcher binary).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

For a source build, you will be building it out anyway, as long as you include the plugin at the project or engine level and re-build your project it will be fine. You just can't use the pre-built packages without re-compiling them as they are under a different release (even if its the same engine version as the launcher binary).
              Thank you!

Comment

mordentral Thank you very much!! t's true, you're a Legend. Is This Template compatible with Oculus Quest Multiplayer Mode? Any tuto online? Thank's in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by omex View Post
                  mordentral Thank you very much!! t's true, you're a Legend. Is This Template compatible with Oculus Quest Multiplayer Mode? Any tuto online? Thank's in advance.
                  Yes it is, and no, no current specific tutorials for quest multiplayer with it. Generally it works the same aside from the engine being buggy with oculus subsystem in 4.22 I believe.
                  You may want to host on something a bit more powerful than the quest itself generally.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Having some issues installing the plugin, i am following the instal guide (https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...ep%20by%20Step).

When I get to the build in visual studio part, i get 213 errors and 37 warnings, heres is an image:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Errors.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1690974

Where am I messing up? tried with 2 versions of the engine and plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by WideBoy View Post
                      Having some issues installing the plugin, i am following the instal guide (https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...ep%20by%20Step).

When I get to the build in visual studio part, i get 213 errors and 37 warnings, heres is an image:

Name:	Errors.PNG
Views:	100
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1690974

Where am I messing up? tried with 2 versions of the engine and plugin.
                      Looks like you are mismatching your plugin and engine versions?

Master/Default branches are always the current latest released engine version (aside from previews).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, can anyone help me with gripping? I'm using the VRSimpleCharacter and I implemented VRGripInterface in many blueprints but when I grab the item it seems to disappear, until I noticed the cubes were shooting off to other locations. In my VRSimpleCharacter I tried even replacing my call to GrabObjectToInterace with a simple AttachToComponent call that attaches the object to LeftMotionController, but I'm still seeing the same issue.

Has anyone come across this issue?

Comment

We have updated from 4.19 to 4.23 and have gotton an issue with movement.

We use flying movement. When moving the head around, everything is fine, only the real head movement is happening in game.

But when adding movement every now and then

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1691438
                          moving the head around will suddenly add more movement input, making the character move in different directions. This happens in empty space (some components are attached to the character)

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	80
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	1691439

DebugWidget - Helper for debugging in VR
                          WidgetBox - Recycle your widgets the smart way
                          NotificationBackbone - Send notifications via Feeds
                          SteamWorkhop - Blueprint and Cpp
                          UnrealPluginBuilder - Package via Drag&Drop
                          RuntimeMeshImportExport - Sync and Async

Comment

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post
                            We have updated from 4.19 to 4.23 and have gotton an issue with movement.

We use flying movement. When moving the head around, everything is fine, only the real head movement is happening in game.

But when adding movement every now and then
                            Are you on the very latest build? I changed some things regarding head movement rollback a bit into 4.23. I may need to make some more tweaks, though I wasn't getting that behavior in testing.

Also need to know if you are using the VRcharacter or the SimpleVRcharacter, 4.19 was a decent number of releases ago and a lot of that code base changed to be more efficient.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Are you on the very latest build? I changed some things regarding head movement rollback a bit into 4.23. I may need to make some more tweaks, though I wasn't getting that behavior in testing.

Also need to know if you are using the VRcharacter or the SimpleVRcharacter, 4.19 was a decent number of releases ago and a lot of that code base changed to be more efficient.

Example project as simple as it can be.
                              using oiginal Vive headset
                              Plugin is from master, just downloaded.
                              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dh...S8MqJTRjTY7GkO
                              DebugWidget - Helper for debugging in VR
                              WidgetBox - Recycle your widgets the smart way
                              NotificationBackbone - Send notifications via Feeds
                              SteamWorkhop - Blueprint and Cpp
                              UnrealPluginBuilder - Package via Drag&Drop
                              RuntimeMeshImportExport - Sync and Async

Comment

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

Example project as simple as it can be.
                                using oiginal Vive headset
                                Plugin is from master, just downloaded.
                                https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dh...S8MqJTRjTY7GkO
                                Thanks for the reproduction, it was an issue with some vector projection that I was doing on the movement rewind. I reverted that section to its original implementation for now.

All repo branches 4.21 - 4.24 are updated with the fix

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X