VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swinny_ View Post

Hi yes that was indeed the precompiled version that results in this error Thanks mate I look forward to the update
    Re-building then, sorry I couldn't do it last night but lost power for 3 days due to a storm, was checking messages on my phone.
    I'll edit into this post when its complete.

*Edit* Re-uploaded
    Last edited by mordentral; 09-30-2019, 12:49 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks a ton. I ended up getting it to build from source (mainly because im an inpatient person lol) but its very much appreciated. im sure others will appreciate also, project loads fine using the plugin - now i have the momentous task of making everything else work with the quest. Cheers!

Comment

I'm a total noob to Unreal but learning a lot these past 2 weeks. Thanks to mordentral and his great work, I feel like I'm hitting the ground running.

I've tried to look for solutions to my current problem but can't seem to figure it out. So I'm trying to set a button to crouch. But when I press it, my head still stays in the same spot but it must be working because my speed slows down to the 300 that's set for speed.

What am I missing? Something to do with the HMD?

Comment

I want to make a game using Climb.
          The problem is that I can catch all the Mesh.
          Is there a way to ignore Mesh and make it possible to catch Collision?

Comment

Originally posted by QLieu View Post
            I'm a total noob to Unreal but learning a lot these past 2 weeks. Thanks to mordentral and his great work, I feel like I'm hitting the ground running.

I've tried to look for solutions to my current problem but can't seem to figure it out. So I'm trying to set a button to crouch. But when I press it, my head still stays in the same spot but it must be working because my speed slows down to the 300 that's set for speed.

What am I missing? Something to do with the HMD?
            I don't actually force the root lower during crouch as generally the players should be crouching themselves, the node was fixed to work with the VR character anyway though in order to allow for the speed differences and some users that were using it for going back and forth with possession or the height of the HMD.

Generally you toggle crouching on and off from HMD height instead at a threshold, IE: HMD Height < 100, toggle on crouching, if it goes over that threshold, then toggle it back off. You can also dynamically re-size the capsule to always follow the height of the player instead of toggling it with crouch too.

You can change the capsule offset to have more upwards Z offset to simulate sinking into the ground if you want (or move the net smoother root node), you just have to realize that they will be able to put their hands through the floor then as the zero point will differ.

The Simplecharacter doesn't enforce a foot position and would actually sink in with the crouch command however.
            Originally posted by Gunim View Post
            I want to make a game using Climb.
            The problem is that I can catch all the Mesh.
            Is there a way to ignore Mesh and make it possible to catch Collision?
            If you override the CanObjectBeClimbed function you can filter it however you want.

the default (parent) implementation returns false if the object has the grip interface. It returns true if the object blocks the VRTraceChannel, you could change that to any channel that you want instead.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I don't actually force the root lower during crouch as generally the players should be crouching themselves, the node was fixed to work with the VR character anyway though in order to allow for the speed differences and some users that were using it for going back and forth with possession or the height of the HMD.

Generally you toggle crouching on and off from HMD height instead at a threshold, IE: HMD Height < 100, toggle on crouching, if it goes over that threshold, then toggle it back off. You can also dynamically re-size the capsule to always follow the height of the player instead of toggling it with crouch too.

You can change the capsule offset to have more upwards Z offset to simulate sinking into the ground if you want (or move the net smoother root node), you just have to realize that they will be able to put their hands through the floor then as the zero point will differ.

The Simplecharacter doesn't enforce a foot position and would actually sink in with the crouch command however.

If you override the CanObjectBeClimbed function you can filter it however you want.

the default (parent) implementation returns false if the object has the grip interface. It returns true if the object blocks the VRTraceChannel, you could change that to any channel that you want instead.

Thank you for your kind explanation.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. I'm hammering it out now.

Comment

Hi. I'm relatively new to Unreal. I have a problem that's probably very easy to fix. I've searched this forum but can't find an answer.

When I try and change an input binding in the template project, it always reverts back to the original mapping when I press Play. I've tried deleting the Saved and Intermediate Folders, setting various input config.ini files to read only or renaming them.

It's not an issue with my engine (4.23) as I can rebind inputs in a new project no problem.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Comment

hi mordentral, just a quick question on open input plugin: considering steam vr binding only accepts vector2 actions for thumbstick position mapping, how can I bind it to UE4 vector1 axis?

Comment

Originally posted by Curs0 View Post
                      hi mordentral, just a quick question on open input plugin: considering steam vr binding only accepts vector2 actions for thumbstick position mapping, how can I bind it to UE4 vector1 axis?
                      Are you just looking for a touch event?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hola mordentral Tengo problemas para nativizar el "personaje Vive_Pawn". Tengo la última versión del complemento, estoy compilando para Quest. Todo se compila bien sin nativizar el personaje. Pero al nativizar obtengo estos errores:

/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(107,22): error: uso del identificador no declarado 'vr'
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (VR (Android) (VR) = vr :: k_ulOverlayHandleInvalid;
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): ^
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): /Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(111,30): error: uso de 'undecla' vr '
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): return VRKeyboardHandle! = Vr :: k_ulOverlayHandleInvalid;
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): /Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(136,19): error: uso de la biblioteca. INVALID_TRACKED_CAMERA_HANDLE '
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): pCameraHandle = INVALID_TRACKED_CAMERA_HANDLE;
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): /Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(140,27): error: uso de ofibib. INVALID_TRACKED_CAMERA_HANDLE '
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): return pCameraHandle! = INVALID_TRACKED_CAMERA_HANDLE;
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): /Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(194,8): identificador: uso de underse vr '
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): estático vr :: ETrackedDeviceProperty VREnumToString (const FString & enumName, valor
                        uint8 ) UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): ^
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): / Plugins / VRExpansionPlugin / OpenVRExpansionPlugin / Source / OpenVRExpansionPlugin / Public / OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h (199,10): error: uso del identificador no declarado 'vr'
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): return vr :: ETrackedDeviceProperty :: Prop_Invalid;
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): /Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(204,10): error: uso de underse vr '
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): return vr :: ETrackedDeviceProperty :: Prop_Invalid;
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): /Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(206,21): error: uso de la biblioteca. vr '
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): return static_cast <vr :: ETrackedDeviceProperty> (FCString :: Atoi (* EnumName));
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): ./Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(701,9): error: uso de la biblioteca. 'vr'
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): estático vr :: Texture_t CreateOpenVRTexture_t (UTexture * Texture)
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): / Plugins / VRExpansionPlugin / OpenVRExpansionPlugin / Source / OpenVRExpansionPlugin / Public / OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h (703,3): error: uso del identificador no declarado 'vr'
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): vr ::
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): /Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(703,17): error: uso de la biblioteca. VRTexture '; ¿quiso decir 'textura'?
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): vr :: Texture_t VRTexture;
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): ^ ~~~~~~~~
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): Texture
                        UATHelper: Empaquetado (Android (ASTC)): / Plugins / VRExpansionPlugin / OpenVRExpansionPlugin / Source / OpenVRExpansionPlugin /Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(701,56): nota: 'Texture' declarada aquí
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): static vr :: Texture_t CreateOpenVRTexture_t (UTexture * Texture)

etc ...

puedes verificarlo? ¿O es algo que estoy haciendo mal? No estoy usando el ejemplo, solo he migrado a otro proyecto lo que necesitaba y todo se compila y funciona como se esperaba, pero cuando me naturalizo, recibo estos errores. Gracias

Comment

Are you just looking for a touch event?
                          nope, joystick X and Y axis
                          unreal mappings only manage vector1 parameters and have separate events (axys X or Y) while the latest steam vr input dashboard only allows configuring vector2 parameters for joystick position.
                          steamvr input plugin for unreal has a function that merges unreal parameters called with anyname_X and anyname_Y in one merged parameter anyname.
                          Following a section from the generated manifest:
                          "/actions/main/in/anyname_X,anyname_Y X Y_axis2d": "anyname"

that said I have another question: what's the easiest way to just get fingers curls without messing up with steam vr input (in other words keeping old legacy controls)? I just want to get finger curls independently from player's platform (oculu, steam, ...)

as usual, thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Curs0 View Post

nope, joystick X and Y axis
                            unreal mappings only manage vector1 parameters and have separate events (axys X or Y) while the latest steam vr input dashboard only allows configuring vector2 parameters for joystick position.
                            steamvr input plugin for unreal has a function that merges unreal parameters called with anyname_X and anyname_Y in one merged parameter anyname.
                            Following a section from the generated manifest:
                            "/actions/main/in/anyname_X,anyname_Y X Y_axis2d": "anyname"

that said I have another question: what's the easiest way to just get fingers curls without messing up with steam vr input (in other words keeping old legacy controls)? I just want to get finger curls independently from player's platform (oculu, steam, ...)

as usual, thanks in advance!
                            I believe that the old legacy KnucklesCurl inputs are still functional, its not cross platform though, it is SteamVR only (which can be rift obviously if they actually pass out curl values which I doubt they do).

I haven't tested them in a long time though as I use the open input stack.

As for the axis merging, pretty sure the default beta input does that already as well.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit live today, some parts of it (melee script) is still unfinished but I wanted to get a lot of the core physics fixes in ASAP before going back and finishing it.

https://vreue4.com/path-notes-4-23?s...e-work-10-7-19

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Decriment View Post
                                mordentral I guess I should have also mentioned that I'm trying to get something figured out for VR and nonVR setups. After thinking about it more it seems like the animation blueprints could be used for the VR and nonVR cases. I really liked your FPS_VivePawnCharacter blueprint because it was a nonVR character that emulated a VR character. In the same spirit, the keyboard/mouse/gamepad controls could control the positioning of the HMD/controllers. That would then allow the same IK animation blueprint system to be used for the nonVR case.

I'm far from mastering UE4. I might be a bit off, but those are my ideas so far. Let me know what you think if you have any thoughts.

I found a pretty neat IK project on Github. I learned quite a bit about the IK animation blueprints. The project seems abandoned, but there's a pull request for some 4.2x compile errors. I got it working with 4.23 pretty easily. All you other people might be interested.

https://github.com/hacoo/rtik
                                @Decriment

Comment

Working...
                                X