VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunim View Post

If I don't use ResetOrientationAndPosition, sometimes the player gets stuck in the wall when I move to a different map.
    That's why I need this function.
    Is there a another solution?
    Offset your spawn logic by the roomscale distance, IE: the HMD position.

This is done in the example template in the spawning logic.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Offset your spawn logic by the roomscale distance, IE: the HMD position.

This is done in the example template in the spawning logic.
      I haven't found it yet because I'm Rookie.
      If you don't mind, could you give me more details?

Comment

Hi mordentral

First of all Big thank you for your huge work with this plugin!

Please give a help for gripping system - I want to attach both hand for weapon (when grab it by second hand), for example to existing sockets VRGripP1 and VRGripS1. How to better implement it for strong grip weapon by two hands?

right now https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ul...CPXjAIF-5sOFd2
        Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

Originally posted by 6r0m View Post
          Hi mordentral

First of all Big thank you for your huge work with this plugin!

Please give a help for gripping system - I want to attach both hand for weapon (when grab it by second hand), for example to existing sockets VRGripP1 and VRGripS1. How to better implement it for strong grip weapon by two hands?

right now https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ul...CPXjAIF-5sOFd2
          Not entirely sure what is going on there? You shouldn't be having wobble like that against the primary hand, seems more like you have too loose of physics constraints and it can't keep up? Did you remove the default of setting the center of mass on grip?

Also if you are looking for a physics based setup, you would likely want to set it to force grips (if not already) and enable multi gripping instead of using a secondary attachment. That way it is using two physical constraints instead of hard logic to rotate towards the hands. The way that B&S does it is like this but then removing the rotational drive on one of the hands so that it only helps to direct the location.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello!
            I have a question upon a Potion example.
            Im trying to make lets say a Tree with the central trunk as a main body (like PotionMesh in your example) and i would like to add to it several brunches (like a Stopper), i have added 4 collision capsules (like NeckCapsule) and duplicated the code for the stopper (as brunches) changed all the references for grippablestatic mesh.
            But after all it doesnt work like in your example. I mean the first collision capsule and mesh working good and connecting to one another. While all the duplicates of it are connceted to the main body at the beginning but as soon as i disconnect them from the main body they are not sticking back to there collision capsules.
            At the same time all duplicates have a custom event after duplication and not an event on child grip, appart from stopper controller its the only difference i see in the blueprints.
            What im missing here?
            Can you please share an advice how it can be propperly set up in this case.
            Thank you kindely in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by R_A_1_D_3_R View Post
              Hello!
              I have a question upon a Potion example.
              Im trying to make lets say a Tree with the central trunk as a main body (like PotionMesh in your example) and i would like to add to it several brunches (like a Stopper), i have added 4 collision capsules (like NeckCapsule) and duplicated the code for the stopper (as brunches) changed all the references for grippablestatic mesh.
              But after all it doesnt work like in your example. I mean the first collision capsule and mesh working good and connecting to one another. While all the duplicates of it are connceted to the main body at the beginning but as soon as i disconnect them from the main body they are not sticking back to there collision capsules.
              At the same time all duplicates have a custom event after duplication and not an event on child grip, appart from stopper controller its the only difference i see in the blueprints.
              What im missing here?
              Can you please share an advice how it can be propperly set up in this case.
              Thank you kindely in advance!
              The potion is a really rough mockup to begin with, but even then its not really what you would want to base that tree concept off of.
              You'll want to subclass a collision sphere component as "BranchConnector" or something (or use an interface or gameplay tag). Then OnOverlap you can check if it is a BranchConnector and DropandSocket your held grip to the socket location.

https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...ketObject.html

That would be a lot more generic / flexible, if you want specific parts to be at specific sockets you can add IDs to them or a reference to the parent socket that they should be attached too.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi guys,i think i made a problem in 4.22.I have a multiplayer project that using this plugin.Editor always crash when i test multiplayer.could you help me,thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DMTLIHANG View Post
                  Hi guys,i think i made a problem in 4.22.I have a multiplayer project that using this plugin.Editor always crash when i test multiplayer.could you help me,thanks
                  Oh shoot, that is my bad, I back ported a feature from 4.23 and it uses an engine macro that wasn't added until 4.23, i'll have to revert that change.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll revert the last two commits to 4.22 (happened around friday last week).

*Edit* Commits were reverted, you'll want to re-download / pull the 4.22 branch.
                  Last edited by mordentral; 09-23-2019, 01:59 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Oh shoot, that is my bad, I back ported a feature from 4.23 and it uses an engine macro that wasn't added until 4.23, i'll have to revert that change.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll revert the last two commits to 4.22 (happened around friday last week).

*Edit* Commits were reverted, you'll want to re-download / pull the 4.22 branch.
                    The New is working.Nice plugin,It hope me solve many problem,thanks for your help.have a good day!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the plugin, it's really great !
                      I have a little problem and i was wondering if you had a solution.
                      I would like to keep my hands from going through walls but i keep failing to make it work. I used the capsule component to keep the body within the boundaries of the game but adding a capsule collision to the hands doesn't work.
                      I tried a few other things but nothing solves my problem.

Thank you in advance !

Comment

Currently, none of my bindings seem to work right with my Index Controllers. Picking stuff up doesn't work, no matter how I configure the controllers. Any help?

EDIT: I get this message when loading the default template, I'm using the latest version. UE4 4.23, the most recent revision of the template and the plugins. Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	46
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1668343
                        Last edited by homsar; 09-26-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by homsar View Post
                          Currently, none of my bindings seem to work right with my Index Controllers. Picking stuff up doesn't work, no matter how I configure the controllers. Any help?

EDIT: I get this message when loading the default template, I'm using the latest version. UE4 4.23, the most recent revision of the template and the plugins. Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	46
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1668343
                          Did you turn on the engines beta input? It shouldn't be generating an action manifest at all unless you did, the template leaves the engine on the stock legacy input.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey there, I am trying to build for Oculus Quest and am recieving this error? any ideas?

LogPlayLevel: Error: D:/Program Files/Unreal/UE_4.23/Engine/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripScripts/GS_GunTools.h(209) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.
                            Last edited by Swinny_; 09-28-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swinny_ View Post
                              Hey there, I am trying to build for Oculus Quest and am recieving this error? any ideas?

LogPlayLevel: Error: D:/Program Files/Unreal/UE_4.23/Engine/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripScripts/GS_GunTools.h(209) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.

You have an old copy of it, I fixed that in 4.23 just after launch, re-download the plugin. If it was the precompiled though let me know as I will have to re-built those entirely.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You have an old copy of it, I fixed that in 4.23 just after launch, re-download the plugin. If it was the precompiled though let me know as I will have to re-built those entirely.
                                Hi yes that was indeed the precompiled version that results in this error Thanks mate I look forward to the update
                                Last edited by Swinny_; 09-30-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X