Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMDEV18 View Post
    Hi Mordentral,
    Now I want to experiment recording with motion controllers inside UE (I know you can do that with external tools, but want use Sequencer), to do some basic Mocap, I hope VRExpansion can be useful too.
    You can do that, but you can also directly record replays as well since everything is networked.

As for the slicing, I was playing with some melee concepts back when I made that and I think I over complicated it since a lot of people have been confused about it. I'll likely re-work / replace it when the melee grip script is ready and add some other things in a dedicated melee room.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Virtual gun stock -- is that detecting components as well? I have a gun with an extendable stock that it doesn't seem to be detecting... Is that something I'm doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by joelbenjamin View Post
        Virtual gun stock -- is that detecting components as well? I have a gun with an extendable stock that it doesn't seem to be detecting... Is that something I'm doing wrong?
        ? You wouldn't be using the virtual stock with a gunstock accessory. The virtual stock is for smoothing if there is no physical stock.

With a physical stock you just want to align it, and unless that stock has a tracker or an input interface there isn't any way to automatically detect it regardless.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

? You wouldn't be using the virtual stock with a gunstock accessory. The virtual stock is for smoothing if there is no physical stock.

With a physical stock you just want to align it, and unless that stock has a tracker or an input interface there isn't any way to automatically detect it regardless.
          nono - the gun in game has an extendable stock! No physical stock.
          The stock IN GAME is one the player can extend back or slide forward to put away

Comment

nono - the gun in game has an extendable stock! No physical stock.
            The stock IN GAME is one the player can extend back or slide forward to put away
            Then you'll have to activate virtual stock mode manually when it is extended, if you want it to track to a custom point as well then you'll have to set the VirtualStockComponent of the grip script to one that you move and track as you wish, the default mode is to track a neck offset from the HMD.

There really isn't any way for me to automatically know that you are using a specific scene component as a stock. Also the virtual stock in that grip script likely isn't what you are looking for if you want the butt of the gun to literally mount to the shoulder, I don't provide that type of virtual stock in that grip script as its unwieldy and less fluid.

You can implement it yourself in a custom one or an override of the gun tools though.
            Last edited by mordentral; 08-27-2019, 12:56 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Then you'll have to activate virtual stock mode manually when it is extended, if you want it to track to a custom point as well then you'll have to set the VirtualStockComponent of the grip script to one that you move and track as you wish, the default mode is to track a neck offset from the HMD.

There really isn't any way for me to automatically know that you are using a specific scene component as a stock. Also the virtual stock in that grip script likely isn't what you are looking for if you want the butt of the gun to literally mount to the shoulder, I don't provide that type of virtual stock in that grip script as its unwieldy and less fluid.

You can implement it yourself in a custom one or an override of the gun tools though.
              Got it. No, your VSC is good for what I want -- just need to change when/how it's activated depending on the stock for this particular weapon.

Right now, what's determining when the virtual stock is "active" ? Proximity of... the controller? I watched your videos on it but either missed when you talked about it or I missed it in the documentation.

Thanks again for all your help!! (just subbed to your patreon)

Comment

Got it. No, your VSC is good for what I want -- just need to change when/how it's activated depending on the stock for this particular weapon.

Right now, what's determining when the virtual stock is "active" ? Proximity of... the controller? I watched your videos on it but either missed when you talked about it or I missed it in the documentation.

Thanks again for all your help!! (just subbed to your patreon)
                Proximity of the controller to the neck offset yea, there is a radial boundry that you can set. But you can switch it to be on/off at will by turning off bUseDistanceBasedStockSnapping and then calling "SetVirtualStockEnabled" to change states.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah! Got it, cheers!

Comment

Just started looking into this plugin. Seems very promising. One question fellas: How do you actually teleport the pawn? The location updates are fine, but how can I control the Rotation? Rotation is being maintained across the Teleport, for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniyal Mirza View Post
                      Just started looking into this plugin. Seems very promising. One question fellas: How do you actually teleport the pawn? The location updates are fine, but how can I control the Rotation? Rotation is being maintained across the Teleport, for me.
                      NVM. I had my bUsePawnControlRotation set to true. Deactivating that seems to have given me back the control I needed over rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniyal Mirza View Post

NVM. I had my bUsePawnControlRotation set to true. Deactivating that seems to have given me back the control I needed over rotation.
                        For multiplayer you likely want to leave that active, it is the native replication path way for rotation, you can SetControlRotation for the same effect.

There are also SetActorLocationAndRotationVR, SetActorRotationVR, SetActorLocationVR functions that handle the HMD offset for you and can be called for convenience.

​​​​​​​Also there is a built in teleportation function "PerformMoveAction_Teleport" that does it for you as well, inline with the movement of the character movement component (normal teleports are not inline and can cause out of sync issues and logic problems).
                        Last edited by mordentral; 08-28-2019, 08:20 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey,

I'm a 3D-Artist and quite new to the technical site of Unreal Engine. I tried to open your PluginExample and had to rebuild a few things. Got a lot of build errors:

LogFileManager: Error: MoveFile was unable to move 'X:/19_08_24_vrshooter/Engine_Szene/VRExpansionPluginDemo - Kopie/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-fe3767ff4163/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.generated.h.tmp' to 'X:/19_08_24_vrshooter/Engine_Szene/VRExpansionPluginDemo - Kopie/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-fe3767ff4163/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.generated.h', retrying in .5s...

Timon

Comment

Originally posted by 5k1n2 View Post
                            Hey,

I'm a 3D-Artist and quite new to the technical site of Unreal Engine. I tried to open your PluginExample and had to rebuild a few things. Got a lot of build errors:

LogFileManager: Error: MoveFile was unable to move 'X:/19_08_24_vrshooter/Engine_Szene/VRExpansionPluginDemo - Kopie/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-fe3767ff4163/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.generated.h.tmp' to 'X:/19_08_24_vrshooter/Engine_Szene/VRExpansionPluginDemo - Kopie/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-fe3767ff4163/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.generated.h', retrying in .5s...

Timon
                            Its passed the maximum file name length for windows, try removing that bitbucket generated folder name that is so long and placing thing directly in the folder above it.

IE: Delete this folder and move its contents one up
                            mordentral-vrexppluginexample-fe3767ff4163/

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

It worked! Thanks

One more question (sry for that). I used 3D Widgets for my main menu and the Widget Interactive with a hovered and click event before. Im unable to use 3D Widgets with your "Beam". There are no hit events inside my widgets. I'm sorry for my simple artist question.

Comment

Originally posted by 5k1n2 View Post
                                It worked! Thanks

One more question (sry for that). I used 3D Widgets for my main menu and the Widget Interactive with a hovered and click event before. Im unable to use 3D Widgets with your "Beam". There are no hit events inside my widgets. I'm sorry for my simple artist question.
                                eh? The template comes with a 3dWidget that works with it?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X