VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilargo View Post
    Hi Everyone. Wondering if anyone has had this problem.

I'm using a VRCharacter, but for some reason, the VRRootReference is not following the HMD. It remains at 0,0,0. I'm wondering if I switched something off by accident.

When I spawn as a fresh VR character (e.g. empty blueprint), the capsule follows as expected.

When I duplicate my VRCharacter, then delete everything so that it's got only the inherited components and no code, the capsule still remains at 0,0,0.

I'm hoping this is an easy fix before I start migrating my character code to a new blueprint.

Thank you.
    Did you turn off ticking on the root component?

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Did you turn off ticking on the root component?
      It looks like I somehow did. When I check if "Is Component Tick Enabled" on my character, it returns false. when I check it on the fresh character, it returns true.

I'm uncertain how I disabled tick on this component.

When I "Set Component Tick Enabled" on VRRootReference to True, "Is Component Tick Enabled" still returns false.

Might be a bug with the engine... I've just read that sometimes components don't tick, need to remove them and readd the component.

Since this component is inherited, I'll probably end up having to migrate all the code over to a new bp
      Last edited by Kilargo; 07-15-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=676747488

There is a steam guide on Equirectangular image formatting for steamVR which is the image format used with the LatLong option.
        I pass the data in as is so it should be in the creation step that you are getting improper results.
        Thank you, you are awesome!
        Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

Is there a way to disable wall pushing?

Comment

Originally posted by Sargonius View Post
            Is there a way to disable wall pushing?
            Yes, manage your collision settings to not do it, the character obeys the collision settings of the engine, you can turn off anything to not block them that you want.

You can also setup bWalkingCollisionOverride to have collision channels that only are active during locomotion and are off during "walking" around.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, Mordentral,

Could you provide some advice on how to use the Gameplay Tags, specifically the "DenyFreeGripping" tag? Just from the title, it appears to be what I am looking for to prevent accidentally "free gripping" another part of the root component that has collision when I'm actually trying to grab a child component. However, in my testing, I'm unable to actually get it to trigger - so far I can't see a difference between it being enabled or disabled.
              Last edited by EdisLeado; 07-21-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

4.23 beta branch of both repositories are updated to current 4.23 preview.
                Its relatively stable currently, aside from some early preview engine bugs.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

4.23 going over video, not much to "show" most of the start of 4.23 is all going to be backend and stability work. There is a lot going on in the back end of the engine itself that I need to keep an eye on at the moment and stress test against.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Forgot to post up a feature request for the flight stick that I added in this week.

https://vreue4.com/patch-notes?secti...nding-07-24-19

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Was looking to put game up on Oculus Store but game cannot reference steam or steam openvr. Do you have an OpenVRExpansionPlugin based on Oculus instead of Steam? Or should I just be trying to remove all use of OpenVRExpansionPlugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooth View Post
                        Was looking to put game up on Oculus Store but game cannot reference steam or steam openvr. Do you have an OpenVRExpansionPlugin based on Oculus instead of Steam? Or should I just be trying to remove all use of OpenVRExpansionPlugin.
                        You can just disable the module, you need to disable the engines steamVR module as well for it to not ship the binaries though. As for the nodes, unlinking them for the oculus build should be enough, though generally you would likely want to keep a seperate blueprint for the oculus and non oculus versions.

There really shouldn't be much that you would be using the openVR specific module for though, generally controller properties and rendering overlays are the main use of it, shouldn't be too hard to seperate that out for the seperate builds.

Also there is no such thing as OpenVR based on oculus....OpenVR can work with oculus, but oculus doesn't let you even have the binaries in your package when uploading to their store to ensure that it is on its native platform.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Okay, that's for the info. I just go through the process of removing all reference to this part for the oculus build. Sounds easy enough.

Comment

Hi Mordentral --

I have two one questions when you get a chance! -- (answered my own first question - I was missing one of the input events, I'm an idiot)

1st --
                            I saw your response a few months ago about changing controller inputs for rotation and I figured out how to get that working (both smooth and snap)

What I'm wondering is - how can I actually use a hover version of that? Seems like the incoming Axis Value for ->InputAxis ControllerMovement is based on Pressing the pad (I'm using vive controllers), so it won't register as > 0 if hovering.

Seems like maybe the hover settings are somewhere in the Motion Controller Component script? I'm only .. let's say "intermediate" level for C++ and while I did find a couple references (when "Searching") for "hover," I didn't spot anything obvious.

Tips / suggestions?

2nd --
                            I THINK I have a solution for this but trouble-shooting.. and it's not quite getting me there...
                            Can I force-call a grab on a controller?
                            The example- I want to use a secondary Grip for a 2-handed weapon. However, that grip also needs to be a slider (shotgun pump, in this case).
                            My thought was - have the Grip action go to the secondary grip socket for the weapon. Then, on TRIGGER pull for the second hand, actually use the Blueprint to force the grip over the slider (which would be in the exact same spot, so visually the hand wouldn't move), to allow for the Slider to move... then when the TRIGGER is released, for the grip back to the Secondary Grip socket.

Thanks in advance, I realize it's not always easy to find time to answer questions!
                            Last edited by joelbenjamin; 08-04-2019, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joelbenjamin View Post
                              Hi Mordentral --

I have two one questions when you get a chance! -- (answered my own first question - I was missing one of the input events, I'm an idiot)

2nd --
                              I THINK I have a solution for this but trouble-shooting.. and it's not quite getting me there...
                              Can I force-call a grab on a controller?
                              The example- I want to use a secondary Grip for a 2-handed weapon. However, that grip also needs to be a slider (shotgun pump, in this case).
                              My thought was - have the Grip action go to the secondary grip socket for the weapon. Then, on TRIGGER pull for the second hand, actually use the Blueprint to force the grip over the slider (which would be in the exact same spot, so visually the hand wouldn't move), to allow for the Slider to move... then when the TRIGGER is released, for the grip back to the Secondary Grip socket.

Thanks in advance, I realize it's not always easy to find time to answer questions!
                              If you are secondary gripping the object anyway then its kind of a waste to also grip the slider, if you don't want to run custom logic to move the slider though with it then yeah its a viable method.

As for manually gripping, call GripObjectByInterface from the controller and pass in the object you want to grip.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

If you are secondary gripping the object anyway then its kind of a waste to also grip the slider, if you don't want to run custom logic to move the slider though with it then yeah its a viable method.

As for manually gripping, call GripObjectByInterface from the controller and pass in the object you want to grip.

I'm fine doing some custom logic, but am not sure how to approach simultaneously use secondary grip... but then ALSO allow the slider to be used as a shotgun pump while keeping the secondary grip active. Does that make sense?

Comment

Working...
                                X