Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobaltvr View Post
    Hi everybody, and a special Hi to Joshua

I have a question, may be the wrong place...Anyone tried servertravel in BP including this marvelous plug-in...? setup seems to be fine...Gamemode set (semaless), transition map ok,command executed on server...but..strange result with the packed version...any clue ?
    In adavnce thank you if you tried with success.

Regards
    I have tried and it works fine for me.
    For packaged games i had to destroy the possesed pawn before traveling and respawn a new one once the travel was complete, not doing this caused a crash.
    Though im not sure what your issue is specifically.

Also, does anyone know how to ship the knuckles bindings made in the editor with a package game?
    The bindings show up in the packaged under the steamvrbindings folder but it wont use them when running the game

Comment

Hi Rareden, thank you for your return. I was succesful, with a very simple project with VRCharacter, servertravel is fine, without destroying and respawning. Unfortunatly with our projet, client crash, and server looks like to be spectator. Anyway, we will investigate, this is not the VRExpension plugin apparently, but UE4, sometimes messy with multi network setup. And good luck with steamvr...it is also sometimes a nightmare with manifest...

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the plugin, just started using it and is amazing. I have a question that I could not find in the documentation, or maybe there was something about it and I missed it so sorry if it is a stupid one. I am trying to have two players play from the same room ( room-scale) and I have a map the size of my real room. When I spawn the pawns, I spawn them in 0,0,0 which is the center of both my real room and my game room, but if the players are not in the center of the room in real life, their pawn is going to spawn in 0,0,0 and from then, their real life position won't correspond to their in game position ( http://prntscr.com/o8azus ). I don't know if my exprimation was correct but what I am trying to do is instead of spawning the pawn in 0,0,0 I want to spawn the room-scale in 0,0,0 so that their real life location and in game location would match. With the original pawn from Epic this worked without me doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bdomide View Post
          Hi,

Thanks for the plugin, just started using it and is amazing. I have a question that I could not find in the documentation, or maybe there was something about it and I missed it so sorry if it is a stupid one. I am trying to have two players play from the same room ( room-scale) and I have a map the size of my real room. When I spawn the pawns, I spawn them in 0,0,0 which is the center of both my real room and my game room, but if the players are not in the center of the room in real life, their pawn is going to spawn in 0,0,0 and from then, their real life position won't correspond to their in game position ( http://prntscr.com/o8azus ). I don't know if my exprimation was correct but what I am trying to do is instead of spawning the pawn in 0,0,0 I want to spawn the room-scale in 0,0,0 so that their real life location and in game location would match. With the original pawn from Epic this worked without me doing anything.
          Don't use the spawning from the example template, it offsets by the HMD to match the actual position since most people don't want 1:1 roomscale. Just spawn the actor itself at the 0,0,0 location and you will have behavior just like the Epic Template (delete the offset logic from the spawning that is, or write your own that doesn't do it).

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Don't use the spawning from the example template, it offsets by the HMD to match the actual position since most people don't want 1:1 roomscale. Just spawn the actor itself at the 0,0,0 location and you will have behavior just like the Epic Template (delete the offset logic from the spawning that is, or write your own that doesn't do it).
            I am currently not using the one in the example. I am simply spawning an actor at 0,0,0 location (no other settings). I am using the VRSimpleCharacter as a parent class and I've unchecked the Offset by HMD option on the camera (not sure if this was going to to something towards what I wanted to achieve but it didn't solve the problem) . If I use a pawn derivated from VRCharacter instead it works. Is there any settings in the VRSimpleCharacter that does that or should I just use the VRCharacter?

Comment

Originally posted by bdomide View Post

I am currently not using the one in the example. I am simply spawning an actor at 0,0,0 location (no other settings). I am using the VRSimpleCharacter as a parent class and I've unchecked the Offset by HMD option on the camera (not sure if this was going to to something towards what I wanted to achieve but it didn't solve the problem) . If I use a pawn derivated from VRCharacter instead it works. Is there any settings in the VRSimpleCharacter that does that or should I just use the VRCharacter?
              Oh, you need to use the VRcharacter for this exact scenerio, the simple character is simple because it doesn't retain the full roomscale (didn't have to re-write the character movement for it).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Can you trigger a grip without needing player input? i have a object that can be thrown and recalled, i want the object to be gripped again once it returns to the hand and attaches but without the player needing to grip it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
                  Can you trigger a grip without needing player input? i have a object that can be thrown and recalled, i want the object to be gripped again once it returns to the hand and attaches but without the player needing to grip it again.
                  Yeah call it manually from the controller it is returning to.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

A few small changes prior to 4.23 dropping.

Patch notes here:
                    https://vreue4.com/patch-notes?secti...23-final-patch

Also I wrote a news entry about how I managed to extend my Valve Index cord range without latency and within a budget (default cord it comes with is right at the edge of DP 1.2 length limits).

https://vreue4.com/valve-index-extending-your-fun

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Is the texture being packaged out? it wouldn't have been referenced by the level so it may not be.

Attempt it in a dev package with log enabled and see if it throws any warnings.
                      Thanks for answer, setting up VectorDisplacementmap and down scaling to 4K resolve problem of texture appearing.

But, can you give some workaround for: texture appears upside down when SetSkyboxOverride_LatLong?
                      Last edited by 6r0m; 07-08-2019, 08:43 AM.
                      Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

Originally posted by 6r0m View Post

Thanks for answer, setting up VectorDisplacementmap and down scaling to 4K resolve problem of texture appearing.

But, can you give some workaround for: texture appears upside down when SetSkyboxOverride_LatLong?
                        https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=676747488

There is a steam guide on Equirectangular image formatting for steamVR which is the image format used with the LatLong option.
                        I pass the data in as is so it should be in the creation step that you are getting improper results.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

A question: I'm trying to use a Procedural Mesh (with slicing functionality), but I want to have control over the gripping options of the resulting mesh components.

Since there is no "Grippable Procedural Mesh" component in the plugin, do you have any ideas/recommendations on how to set this up?

Comment

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
                            A question: I'm trying to use a Procedural Mesh (with slicing functionality), but I want to have control over the gripping options of the resulting mesh components.

Since there is no "Grippable Procedural Mesh" component in the plugin, do you have any ideas/recommendations on how to set this up?
                            Someone a few posts up made one just by copying the static mesh component and changing the base class. The issue is that the default slicing functions only generate the default procedural mesh components so they would have to be copied over to the new base class then.

You can grip them normally with a Grip command, if you want more control than just the stiffness and damping though, in the latest releases, post the actual grip you can either call SetPhysicsHandleSettings to set an axis by axis stiffness / damping, or you can alter the grip structs advanced grip settings (set members) to choose the options that you want and then call UpdatePhysicsHandle to update the values (on the server if multiplayer, when it replicates down the changes the clients should auto update).

That gives you full control over the grips physics settings without it being interfaced as it forces it to re-init to the new values.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, I've just finally given in and decided to try this plugin (I only refused to at first because I thought it would be really difficult to get working in my project). I got it today and got all my existing character's stuff implemented into the VRCharacter, but how exactly can we get the roomscale movement working? I added the UE Mannequin mesh but can't seem to get this working right. Is that mannequin supported with this? The plugin looks like amazing stuff, I'd really like to understand how to work with it.

Edit: sorry, know what, I haven't looked at the example template yet. I'll start there
                              Last edited by Nostrildumbass; 07-09-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrildumbass View Post
                                Hi, I've just finally given in and decided to try this plugin (I only refused to at first because I thought it would be really difficult to get working in my project). I got it today and got all my existing character's stuff implemented into the VRCharacter, but how exactly can we get the roomscale movement working? I added the UE Mannequin mesh but can't seem to get this working right. Is that mannequin supported with this? The plugin looks like amazing stuff, I'd really like to understand how to work with it.

Edit: sorry, know what, I haven't looked at the example template yet. I'll start there
                                Attach it to the ParentRelativeAttachment and set the ParentRelativeAttachment to "foot mode" which will place it on the floor before the HMD.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X