Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Overeptic View Post
    How can I get the 4.22 beta?
    the master /default branches are the current live engine versions, "beta" branches are shut down on release of the version they were beta for.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

the master /default branches are the current live engine versions, "beta" branches are shut down on release of the version they were beta for.
      Ah ok, is there any date on when the 4.22 branch will be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Overeptic View Post

Ah ok, is there any date on when the 4.22 branch will be released?
        I think you misunderstood me, master IS the 4.22 branch. The day that 4.22 came out it was moved over.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I think you misunderstood me, master IS the 4.22 branch. The day that 4.22 came out it was moved over.
          ohhh yikes thank you for clarifying

Comment

Pushed a new commit to both repositories

Code:
            Removed Physx and Apex dependencies, massive overhaul to the new physics interface added to the engine, prep work for Chaos physics

Path notes here: https://vreue4.com/patch-notes?secti...actor-06-24-19

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi!

For any reason, I can't compile the demo to learn how to use this plugin... is there any basic blueprint to start with the movement? I have the VRcharacter inside the level and I have moved it... but I don't know if I'm doing it the way it is supposed to do. (VRMovementReference -> PerformSetRotation)

So just that little question: a best easy way to do the very basic free locomotion (left-hand X / Y (strafe), and Right-hand free turn?)

Thanks again and sorry for such an elemental question. And congrats. Seems to be something that unreal had to implement natively.

Comment

hello thanks for topic need to attach it to the vehicle with the constraint, or have it constrained to a non simulating component....

Comment

Originally posted by plasma_450 View Post
                  Hi!

For any reason, I can't compile the demo to learn how to use this plugin... is there any basic blueprint to start with the movement? I have the VRcharacter inside the level and I have moved it... but I don't know if I'm doing it the way it is supposed to do. (VRMovementReference -> PerformSetRotation)

So just that little question: a best easy way to do the very basic free locomotion (left-hand X / Y (strafe), and Right-hand free turn?)

Thanks again and sorry for such an elemental question. And congrats. Seems to be something that unreal had to implement natively.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you download the example project from <here> there's no need to compile anything, you can just use the demo directly.

Comment

I'm puzzled with the slot gripping..

How do we decide to slot to the "Closest Grip Slot In Range"?
                    • In the demo, the HeroSword and the Slicer both have a slot ('VRGripP1')
                    • The HeroSword slots, while the Slicer doesn't..
                    • I don't see any function in either BP that takes care of this
                    Only difference is that HeroSword has a skeletal mesh while slicer has a regular one..

Comment

Hi!

Whats going wrong with compiling the example template? You likely missed a step when installing visual studio.

Also for movement, in general it is just AddMovementInput like with a normal character, the examples use a leveled controller forward vector for the direction with the default mode, rotating for snap turn or free turn is done with PerformMoveAction_SnapTurn. SetRotation works but its a hard set so its harder to work with when you just want a delta value.
                      Originally posted by Warner V View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you download the example project from <here> there's no need to compile anything, you can just use the demo directly.
                      No it has to be compiled as well, I don't want to compile out pre-built examples for every engine version and every binary change, it gets very large very quickly in history, its also not just a blueprint project as I use it for compilation testing.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Only difference is that HeroSword has a skeletal mesh while slicer has a regular one..
                        Okay okay.. Found it.. In the VRGrip interface there is the "Primary Slot Range" that should be >0. I withdraw my question

Comment

The slicer has the "Primary Slot Range" set to 0.0f to force it to ignore the slot. I believe that when testing I liked it better free gripping for testing.

*Edit* Whoops you posted at the same time ;p

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That's exactly the link I used, but It took nearly one hour to recompile it Sorry as It was my fault to jump here before it was done.

But... now that I can see all the grease inside the blueprints, I'm afraid I'm a little more lost than before. I won't ask about someone else do the work for me as I really need to keep studying unreal by myself, but I would really appreciate a little example about how to start with the plugin to achieve the kind of free room scale movement I need. Maybe this could help others like me who struggle with blueprint spawns or getting lost between multiplayer techniques. Just a blueprint with a simple Actor, the best way to axis movement and relative rotation could be great... letting us then to advance to more complex stuff later.

Thanks in advance and sorry again about the noob question. I'll keep digging in my trial and error unreal life.

Comment

That's exactly the link I used, but It took nearly one hour to recompile it Sorry as It was my fault to jump here before it was done.

But... now that I can see all the grease inside the blueprints, I'm afraid I'm a little more lost than before. I won't ask about someone else do the work for me as I really need to keep studying unreal by myself, but I would really appreciate a little example about how to start with the plugin to achieve the kind of free room scale movement I need. Maybe this could help others like me who struggle with blueprint spawns or getting lost between multiplayer techniques. Just a blueprint with a simple Actor, the best way to axis movement and relative rotation could be great... letting us then to advance to more complex stuff later.

Thanks in advance and sorry again about the noob question. I'll keep digging in my trial and error unreal life.
                              I believe that I already answered that with AddMovementInput and PerformMoveAction_SnapTurn.

That being said, my plugin isn't exactly geared towards complete beginners.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi everybody, and a special Hi to Joshua

I have a question, may be the wrong place...Anyone tried servertravel in BP including this marvelous plug-in...? setup seems to be fine...Gamemode set (semaless), transition map ok,command executed on server...but..strange result with the packed version...any clue ?
                                In adavnce thank you if you tried with success.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X