VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogū View Post

I tried all three ways with mixed results.
    SetPivotOverride helped a little but still a noticeable drag when hands are moving fast.
    Deactivating tracking for the controllers was tricky as I kept getting a strange offset when attaching the controller to the hand on the character mesh, like 2 meters away so I couldn't tell if it worked but it was tracking.
    Tick pre-resiquite seemed to do nothing, even with late hand updates turned off. Might just be the IK plugin or more likely my fault.

I might be thinking about it too hard, the results from set pivot override are probably good enough. Either way I like the functionality of the setpivotoverride method, so I'll probably roll with that for now until I give the reattaching the controllers another shot. Cheers
    Tick pre-res needs to be for the skeletal mesh component to the motion controller, that or you run your IK tick far later like Post_Physics tick grouping.

As for the slight delay on the set pivot override, in that case the controller needs to tick AFTER the skeletal mesh as it won't be in the correct spot otherwise, and/or you are using a physics grip which can have some velocity drag on it unless the settings are finely tuned on it.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Tick pre-res needs to be for the skeletal mesh component to the motion controller, that or you run your IK tick far later like Post_Physics tick grouping.

As for the slight delay on the set pivot override, in that case the controller needs to tick AFTER the skeletal mesh as it won't be in the correct spot otherwise, and/or you are using a physics grip which can have some velocity drag on it unless the settings are finely tuned on it.
      Thanks for the reply. After changing the grip settings in the grippable actor itself I have almost perfect movement with the setPivotOverride method. It came down to turning late updates always OFF. Should've tried that sooner.

Comment

Hi!

Mind you telling what is the overlaying system that you use to make items pickable while they still maintain collision? Are you using Physics Handle somewhere or are you using some kind of constrains? I tried to look code, but could not figure it out there.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
          Hi!

Mind you telling what is the overlaying system that you use to make items pickable while they still maintain collision? Are you using Physics Handle somewhere or are you using some kind of constrains? I tried to look code, but could not figure it out there.

Thank you!
          Its a custom physics constraint attaching the object to a kinematic physx actor, much like how the physics handle does it but really customized and expanded upon.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for the reply. After changing the grip settings in the grippable actor itself I have almost perfect movement with the setPivotOverride method. It came down to turning late updates always OFF. Should've tried that sooner.
            You've been so much help I hate to bother you again, but I'm stuck. I've run into a problem with the remote grips for multiplayer. Server side is fine, but on client the grippable actor is flickering.. I've tried running the IK component and the pivot components in different tick groups and using the the tick prerequisite component setup as you outlined with the other methods but with no luck. Its only when using the custom pivot component. Perhaps its caused by the IK system I'm using somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

You've been so much help I hate to bother you again, but I'm stuck. I've run into a problem with the remote grips for multiplayer. Server side is fine, but on client the grippable actor is flickering.. I've tried running the IK component and the pivot components in different tick groups and using the the tick prerequisite component setup as you outlined with the other methods but with no luck. Its only when using the custom pivot component. Perhaps its caused by the IK system I'm using somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated
              Not sure what you mean by flickering? Also are you being sure to set the custom pivot on every connection? I do not replicate the custom pivot automatically.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Not sure what you mean by flickering? Also are you being sure to set the custom pivot on every connection? I do not replicate the custom pivot automatically.
                Ahh. I didn't realize they weren't replicated. For those who find this by searching with the same problem, I just set them in the Gamemode after spawning the pawn. Do not set them in the VR Pawn itself. I don't know if its the best way, but it works. And Mordentral, about time I become a patreon subscriber. Thank you for this amazing system. Cheers
                Edit: Setting on event begin play wasn't working for whatever reason on the clients. But yeah, its an easy fix!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	pivot.PNG Views:	1 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	1627353
                Last edited by Dogū; 06-03-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Ahh. I didn't realize they weren't replicated. For those who find this by searching with the same problem, I just set them in the Gamemode after spawning the pawn.
                  You can set them in BeginPlay on the pawn itself if you wish.

I haven't made my mind up about automating replication on them, while I am sure it would be useful to most to avoid the extra manual step, I think that there are people using it for some funky stuff on mobile VR where it may be detrimental to have it set on all connections automatically, and it really is a fairly minor thing to setup.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm am extremely new to the plugin and am wondering how I can have a skeletal player character mesh within the VR Character, as that was the main reason I installed the plugin. I have tried attaching the mesh to the "ParentRelativeAttachment" component and it works well enough, but any tips on how to keep the feet of the mesh from going through the floor? Basically, I'm asking how to keep the mesh from clipping through the floor, and another relevant question is how can I set the height of the mesh to have the head positioned relative to the HMD? Lots of questions, I know, but please help! I'm desperate to get full body characters into the game, as I have the IK arm tracking and movement down-pat.

Comment

Originally posted by ArrogantNormie View Post
                      I'm am extremely new to the plugin and am wondering how I can have a skeletal player character mesh within the VR Character, as that was the main reason I installed the plugin. I have tried attaching the mesh to the "ParentRelativeAttachment" component and it works well enough, but any tips on how to keep the feet of the mesh from going through the floor? Basically, I'm asking how to keep the mesh from clipping through the floor, and another relevant question is how can I set the height of the mesh to have the head positioned relative to the HMD? Lots of questions, I know, but please help! I'm desperate to get full body characters into the game, as I have the IK arm tracking and movement down-pat.
                      Set this boolean to true on the parent relative component (it will show up in its settings list in editor):

Code:
                          // If true uses feet/bottom of the capsule as the base Z position for this component instead of the HMD/Camera Z position
                          bool bUseFeetLocation;
                      Then use the camera for your head effector.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 06-04-2019, 08:54 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a commit to both repositories today with a revision for the LerpToHand grip script

Patch Notes Here: https://vreue4.com/patch-notes?secti...nd-gs-06-04-19

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello.
                          I'm building for Android in 4.22, but I get an error and it stops.
                          When I checked the log, I got the following error

ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: In file included from D:/UE4/.../AdvancedSteamSessions/Module.AdvancedSteamSessions.cpp:4:
                          ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: In file included from D:\UE4\...\AdvancedSteamWorkshopLibrary.cpp:2:
                          ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: D:/UE4/...\AdvancedSteamWorkshopLibrary.h(9,10): fatal error: 'steam/isteamugc.h' file not found
                          ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: #include "steam/isteamugc.h"
                          ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: ^
                          ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: 1 error generated.

Could you give me some hints about this error?
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by r_o View Post
                            Hello.
                            I'm building for Android in 4.22, but I get an error and it stops.
                            When I checked the log, I got the following error

ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: In file included from D:/UE4/.../AdvancedSteamSessions/Module.AdvancedSteamSessions.cpp:4:
                            ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: In file included from D:\UE4\...\AdvancedSteamWorkshopLibrary.cpp:2:
                            ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: D:/UE4/...\AdvancedSteamWorkshopLibrary.h(9,10): fatal error: 'steam/isteamugc.h' file not found
                            ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: #include "steam/isteamugc.h"
                            ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: ^
                            ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: 1 error generated.

Could you give me some hints about this error?
                            Thank you.
                            Disable the Advanced Steam Sessions module, it reference an engine module that doesn't build for android (its steam don't need it anyway on android).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

>mordentral

Thank you for the clear advice! I was spending the weekend for this, so I'm really glad to find a clue for the solution.
                              I would like to try it immediately. Thank you!

Comment

Set this boolean to true on the parent relative component (it will show up in its settings list in editor):

Code:
                                 // If true uses feet/bottom of the capsule as the base Z position for this component instead of the HMD/Camera Z position
                                bool bUseFeetLocation;
                                Then use the camera for your head effector.
                                Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X