VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoCodeBugsFree View Post
    no, in VR game my character will have a camera in his arm, from this camera I want to broadcast video to twitch when I want to broadcast, and stop broadcasting accordingly.
    Then you would have to hook up with an OBS plugin or a twitch streaming plugin or hotkeys on OBS to manage it......

Not entirely sure what you want from me here, I don't think you understand what you are requesting.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Sorry, probably I don't undrerstand what I am requesting. But I need what I sad - player in VR must be able to use camera in his hand to broadcast a virtual world to twitch. If you can suggest me the way how to do it, it will be very helpful. If your previos post is a solution, please, give me some links to read.

Comment

By the Echo Arena grip style I just mean sorta how the disc grips and snaps the location where you grab it and not on a set point yet still keeps its rotation correct, like what is shown in the attached clip. https://youtu.be/jPEUS5ropDA

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Clueless View Post
          By the Echo Arena grip style I just mean sorta how the disc grips and snaps the location where you grab it and not on a set point yet still keeps its rotation correct, like what is shown in the attached clip. https://youtu.be/jPEUS5ropDA
          Yes, in the GetClosestSocketInRange function pass out a transform that is relative to the hand current transform to the object, but is centered on the object.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Where might I find "GetClosestSocketInRange"?

Comment

Where might I find "GetClosestSocketInRange"?
              In the grippable object, it is a GripInterface function that you can override and pass out anything from. It lets you override the default behavior of finding the closest correct prefix socket and instead pass out any transform that you want.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Would you be talking of "Closest Grip Slot in Range" or am I still looking in the wrong place?

Comment

Would you be talking of "Closest Grip Slot in Range" or am I still looking in the wrong place?
                  Yeah that one, you can return "true" for found one, and any transform that you like (in world space). You can override it per object to return different results (like component locations instead of sockets, ect).

In this case it would be a projected location to your object based on the hand position relative to it.

You could also do all of this in the character itself, but it sounds like it is a one off thing?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

First of all, amazing, amazing work you're doing. Like you've mentioned in your video's I am having a tougher time getting started than I did with the SteamVR plugin for Unity but I know it will be worth it once I get through this. This is being touched on right now so I wanted to chime in to also mention that I would love to implement something similar to the skeleton poser in the steamVR plugin on the Unity side as I find it a major immersion booster and a lot of fun to do.

So this could be a combination of looking at the current transform of the object you're trying to grab and passing that on to the hand socket to make it transition more smoothly? In the Echo Arena video it seems like its snapping to the hand but maintaining its own rotation on the horizontal axis but taking over some rotation from the hand. And then using an animated pose to match the transform of the object? I'm not exactly sure how I'll work make those two play nice together but I'm just trying to understand the basic theory behind implementing this.

I'll be donating to the patreon as soon as I have a little spare cash as I really think its amazing what you've done over these last few years.
                    Last edited by CaptainFalcon; 05-20-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainFalcon View Post
                      First of all, amazing, amazing work you're doing. Like you've mentioned in your video's I am having a tougher time getting started than I did with the SteamVR plugin for Unity but I know it will be worth it once I get through this. This is being touched on right now so I wanted to chime in to also mention that I would love to implement something similar to the skeleton poser in the steamVR plugin on the Unity side as I find it a major immersion booster and a lot of fun to do.

So this could be a combination of looking at the current transform of the object you're trying to grab and passing that on to the hand socket to make it transition more smoothly? In the Echo Arena video it seems like its snapping to the hand but maintaining its own rotation on the horizontal axis but taking over some rotation from the hand. And then using an animated pose to match the transform of the object? I'm not exactly sure how I'll work make those two play nice together but I'm just trying to understand the basic theory behind implementing this.

I'll be donating to the patreon as soon as I have a little spare cash as I really think its amazing what you've done over these last few years.
                      The SteamVR plugin over at unity has a bunch of default poses that it blends between on the animation side. IE: a default hand pose for gripping each object, then it blends in the current finger Curl values of the Index controllers with an open hand pose. When no object is held I believe that it just uses the hard finger skeletal transforms instead.

Their poser doesn't "live solve" geometry or deal with any position poses (as far as I know its all snap grip based), it just blends pose states. Though I do think they have a manual poser in it so you can create poses in engine and save them out for use.

In UE4 that is fairly simple to achieve, you can pass out a "grip pose" animation from the object and apply it in the AnimBP. The reason I don't have an example of this in the template is because I honestly just don't have any hand animations to use for it. I was considering adding an interface query to get the suggested pose from the gripped object, but its something I have mostly felt was better handled on the users end as they may end up wanting it very complex and any default implementation may not be enough information.

Letting the end user poll for the requested animation pose themselves with a custom interface is likely better in the end.

Yuri I believe has a hand posing plugin available on the marketplace (VR Hands Solver), I haven't tried it myself so I won't vouch for it but you can look at it and see if it meets your needs for that part as well. It uses a custom skeletal mesh though which means it will be a bit incompatible with some things.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 05-20-2019, 12:23 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey Man,

Love the plugin, I have a simple question - how or where do I access the skeletal mesh component on the VRcharacter? I know I can add one, but I am using root motion movement which only applies to the inherited mesh, so for now I am not using root motion but would very much like to.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Swinny_ View Post
                          Hey Man,

Love the plugin, I have a simple question - how or where do I access the skeletal mesh component on the VRcharacter? I know I can add one, but I am using root motion movement which only applies to the inherited mesh, so for now I am not using root motion but would very much like to.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers!
                          You are using root motion movement with a VR Character?

Or do you mean you are using it with a VRCharacter but it is possessed by AI?

I removed the built in skeletal mesh from the component array as I had assumed that no-one would be using root motion for movement in VR and it would have to be re-parented anyway. I would be interested in (any) good reason why someone would actually be using it. I've actually been actively removing root motion checks in the character movement component in order to avoid the (minor) perf hit of checking if it is active.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 05-20-2019, 02:49 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Finished up cleaning up the OpenVRInput module over the past two days to prep for Index release.

It now cleanly handles when someone is using the Official Valve plugin and doesn't try to handle input anymore and just has the new component and gesture detection.

Also finished up the replication for it, with multiple replication modes and smoothing, the documentation on www.vreue4.com for it will be revised tomorrow with the new information.

In the GIF below the right hand is using replicated data (not local) and is updating at 5htz (5 times a second), the smoothing I added makes it a lot more fluid. I set the default 10htz but the value is fully customizable to whatever network load you are willing to allow.

https://imgur.com/WvnMy7g

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi,

I have done some readings on the documentation (https://vreue4.com/) but I am still not sure whether this plugin will be good for my usage case. And I cant afford to read all the pages in this post (213 pages lol). So here is a question:

I have an oculus rift and also leapmotion for finger movement. And they need to be replicated. I know networking is the core feature of the plugin. Will this plugin help me? Is it going to be plug and play thingy or I still need to integrate other libraries? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Syed View Post
                                Hi,

I have done some readings on the documentation (https://vreue4.com/) but I am still not sure whether this plugin will be good for my usage case. And I cant afford to read all the pages in this post (213 pages lol). So here is a question:

I have an oculus rift and also leapmotion for finger movement. And they need to be replicated. I know networking is the core feature of the plugin. Will this plugin help me? Is it going to be plug and play thingy or I still need to integrate other libraries? Thank you.
                                Well it would replicate everything except for the leap motion fingers, those would require custom replication as they don't tie into any of the base engine controller framework.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X