Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello, would you mind if I ask you a question?
    In single player mode, the player can click on the widget blueprints with ray, but if it is multiplayer, the ray will not work on the widget. Do you know why?

    Comment


      Originally posted by morningninrom View Post
      Hello, would you mind if I ask you a question?
      In single player mode, the player can click on the widget blueprints with ray, but if it is multiplayer, the ray will not work on the widget. Do you know why?
      Make sure that you are only registering widget interactors locally, or if you want them registered on all that you are assigning unique ids to all of them.


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

        Make sure that you are only registering widget interactors locally, or if you want them registered on all that you are assigning unique ids to all of them.

        I have a little thought, thank you very much for your answer.

        Comment


          I realized today while helping someone debug their sword collision that I had never gone over the constraint differences in a video or text format.
          Made a quick demonstration video (even though my voice was out, the description text has my notes).



          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            hello,
            has anyone tried the plugin over the internet?
            I don´t know how to start a server and to join.
            One of us pushed the button host and the other tried to search for the server.
            In our Office we found each other, but not over the internet! Is there a trick for a multiplayer game over Internet?

            Greets
            Sven

            Comment


              Originally posted by SvenIstel View Post
              hello,
              has anyone tried the plugin over the internet?
              I don´t know how to start a server and to join.
              One of us pushed the button host and the other tried to search for the server.
              In our Office we found each other, but not over the internet! Is there a trick for a multiplayer game over Internet?

              Greets
              Sven
              Hi Sven,

              I also was confused by this when I started using the plugin. The plugin is super good and has a ton of features but the documentation is lacking. Searching in this thread is the best thing I've found to do if you are stuck.

              Assuming you are asking about the example map, yep it works over the internet. The server browser thing uses the Online Subsystem Steam and sessions to operate. I believe you need to be logged into steam and friends with whomever you are trying to play with then it should function as you expect, ie one person hosts then the other tries to find.

              If that doesn't work then you can try a packaged build, I vaguely remember reading something in this thread about the online subsystem not working in editor. I could be wrong about this. What I do know is that 100% you can connect over the internet with packaged build as I was doing it last week. I can't remember whether it worked in editor however.

              If you still can't get it to work you'll have to wait for the king himself

              Comment


                Originally posted by SvenIstel View Post
                hello,
                has anyone tried the plugin over the internet?
                I don´t know how to start a server and to join.
                One of us pushed the button host and the other tried to search for the server.
                In our Office we found each other, but not over the internet! Is there a trick for a multiplayer game over Internet?

                Greets
                Sven
                I answered your direct visitor message about this already if you want to go read the response.

                Originally posted by ctpeepee View Post

                Hi Sven,

                I also was confused by this when I started using the plugin.
                Technically the sessions stuff is totally separate from the VR Plugin, which would be why there is no mention of it in the plugin documentation. I just package my Advanced Sessions plugin in with the template to handle the steam sessions testing in the example project.



                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                  Technically the sessions stuff is totally separate from the VR Plugin, which would be why there is no mention of it in the plugin documentation. I just package my Advanced Sessions plugin in with the template to handle the steam sessions testing in the example project.
                  Ah yep. I knew the sessions stuff was handled by your other plugin, forgot that example project is really separate from plugin though.

                  Comment


                    Pushed a fix for throwing with SetAndGripAt center of mass setting with physics grips (the default one)

                    Patch Notes Here: https://vreue4.com/patch-notes?secti...m-set-05-16-19


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Hey man!
                      Would you know if there was a way to do an Echo Arena grip style on a disc with your grip scripts?

                      Comment


                        Looked through the docs, the install, etc. Added in a VRPlayer (tried Base, Character, Simple) and nothing happens. No controls, not tracked controllers, no movement, no nothing. 4.22, using the 4.22 binaries, compiled in VS just fine, auto-posessing player 0, getting nothing.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Simply Clueless View Post
                          Hey man!
                          Would you know if there was a way to do an Echo Arena grip style on a disc with your grip scripts?
                          With grip scripts? No? That is an animation procedure. You could make a grip script that traces the held object and passes the information out to an animation instance and that would work, but you won't be directly posing bones in a grip script using a standard skeletal mesh.

                          It also wouldn't be best in a grip script in the first place, you can bind to OnGrippedObject on the controller itself and handle logic based on the position of the hand relative to the object if you want a fully dynamic grip. If you HAD to have it in a grip script I suppose that you could make an "animation Pose" script, get the list of scripts OnGrip on the controller side and find the first animation Pose one, then retrieve the animation or data from it.

                          You could also run default poses and blend between them and handle it with an interface or any other method.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Is it possible to broadcast a video stream from CameraRecorder blueprint to twitch ?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by NoCodeBugsFree View Post
                              Is it possible to broadcast a video stream from CameraRecorder blueprint to twitch ?
                              like record your screen? yes?


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                no, in VR game my character will have a camera in his arm, from this camera I want to broadcast video to twitch when I want to broadcast, and stop broadcasting accordingly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X