Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
    Hi!

Did anything change with the VRSlider Componenent? I just updated to the new master (4fdb849) in UE4.22, and the slider's initial position is 1 (instead of 0) and then I move it, it just disappears (or, shoots of somewhere in the distance).

Am I missing something? Or can it be a bug?
    Is it attached to a spline? Really nothing changed other than moving when it re-calculates its initial position out of begin play. If you are moving it post that initial period then its offset will be wrong now.

It opens up more flexibility with replication.

*Edit* There does seem to be some weirdness with the slider, i'll look into it.

Also thanks for that edit, being the root component may be an issue, I never run them as root, i'll test that case.
    Last edited by mordentral; 04-03-2019, 10:56 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Is it attached to a spline? Really nothing changed other than moving when it re-calculates its initial position out of begin play. If you are moving it post that initial period then its offset will be wrong now.

It opens up more flexibility with replication.

*Edit* There does seem to be some weirdness with the slider, i'll look into it.
      Thanks! I updated above post with more details to re-produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Warner V View Post

Thanks! I updated above post with more details to re-produce.
        I used the wrong init function by mistake, i'll swap the interactibles over to the correct one and re-upload within the hour.

Thanks for letting me know! That was outside of my test cases.

*Edit* Fix is live on the repo's, I am re-building the binary packages as well.
        Last edited by mordentral; 04-03-2019, 12:11 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey - Small issue with VOIP. It's working but it only records quick little segments of what I'm saying. Sometimes it doesn't seem to pick anything up at all. If I speak loudly, and quickly it picks up some of my speech. Is that some sort of sample rate issue?

I'd like to integrate movement similar to Lone Echo, where the user is in zero gravity and can add thrust to their pawn and 'fly' through levels. I tried messing with the Vive pawn, but experimenting with adding physics to the root causes everything to go nuts. I want to add this movement without breaking all the work you've put into the pawn. Do you have any suggestions of how to begin implementing this sort of movement? My thought was to activate physics and remove gravity but maybe I'm going about that wrong. Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jessekirbs View Post
            Hey - Small issue with VOIP. It's working but it only records quick little segments of what I'm saying. Sometimes it doesn't seem to pick anything up at all. If I speak loudly, and quickly it picks up some of my speech. Is that some sort of sample rate issue?

I'd like to integrate movement similar to Lone Echo, where the user is in zero gravity and can add thrust to their pawn and 'fly' through levels. I tried messing with the Vive pawn, but experimenting with adding physics to the root causes everything to go nuts. I want to add this movement without breaking all the work you've put into the pawn. Do you have any suggestions of how to begin implementing this sort of movement? My thought was to activate physics and remove gravity but maybe I'm going about that wrong. Thanks so much.
            For voip there is a voice threshold setting, you'll have to google it as I can't remember off the top of my head.

For the low gravity mode, set the movement mode to LowGrav with SetReplicatedMovementMode (with the normal nodes you have to define custom and then the custom number, that node packages it neatly).

It retains momentum without gravity influencing, you can boost with Add Impulse / Add Force or you can feed in CustomMovement commands like with the climbing movement mode. You can also set the PostClimbingMovementMode to LowGrav to have it seamlessly transition out from it and climbing. If you need to use it in multiplayer with rollback working correctly then if you are using addforce/impulse, you'll want to use a Custom_MoveAction that applies it, that way it replicates correctly since those nodes do not normally replicate on engine characters.

And yeah, you don't want to simulate the root component of a character when the character movement component is active.
            Last edited by mordentral; 04-03-2019, 07:45 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I used the wrong init function by mistake, i'll swap the interactibles over to the correct one and re-upload within the hour.

Thanks for letting me know! That was outside of my test cases.

*Edit* Fix is live on the repo's, I am re-building the binary packages as well.
              Ok, now I managed to test all cases with the update. Everything is fixed. Thank you so much for the amazingly quick fix!

Comment

I am having an issue getting the "Build Solution" in VS2017 to show 2 succeeded. I must have messed up one of the steps in the tutorial but I don't know what. I am new to VS so my language may be a bit off here when explaining

At the start of the build it skips this one: Skipped Build: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32

The very first time I attempted the build I got an E0018 error and tried the fix listed here, and here is a quote of it:
                I had same issue too. Error is fixed by adding () around [UE4Atomic_Private::TIsSupportedSize::Value] , but I don't know why. And I can't guarantee it is safe.
                  1. template <typename T>
                  2. struct alignas((UE4Atomic_Private::TIsSupportedSize<sizeof(T)>::Value) ? alignof(UE4Atomic_Private::TUnderlyingIntegerType_T<T>) : alignof(T)) TAtomicBase_Basic

I am unsure if this is was related to my issue, also, I do not know if it has any effect, but VisualStudio is set for Win64 on the Platform Solution box at the top. Would that cause it to skip this Win32 thing that it is mentioning?

Thank you in advance.

Update: I changed that line as recommended further down on the same page I linked
                struct alignas((int)UE4Atomic_Private::TIsSupportedSize<sizeof(T)>::Value ? alignof(UE4Atomic_Private::TUnderlyingIntegerType_T<T>) : alignof(T)) TAtomicBase_Basic
                I have no errors, but it is still skipping the "Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32", I saw the final post on that link mentioning that having Unreal saved on C drive fixed his problem. I have VS on C and Unreal on another drive. I really don't want to have to put all of this on my primary drive, but is that what is causing this?
                Last edited by McPhearson; 04-05-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McPhearson View Post
                  I am having an issue getting the "Build Solution" in VS2017 to show 2 succeeded. I must have messed up one of the steps in the tutorial but I don't know what. I am new to VS so my language may be a bit off here when explaining

At the start of the build it skips this one: Skipped Build: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32

The very first time I attempted the build I got an E0018 error and tried the fix listed here, and here is a quote of it:

I am unsure if this is was related to my issue, also, I do not know if it has any effect, but VisualStudio is set for Win64 on the Platform Solution box at the top. Would that cause it to skip this Win32 thing that it is mentioning?

Thank you in advance.
                  It shouldn't be building a 32 bit binary at all with a win64 target.

Rebuild your win64 and paste the output log text to pastebin and post a link, its more likely that you have visual studio configured wrong.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

It shouldn't be building a 32 bit binary at all with a win64 target.

Rebuild your win64 and paste the output log text to pastebin and post a link, its more likely that you have visual studio configured wrong.
                    Thanks for the quick response, here is the link
                    Last edited by McPhearson; 04-06-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McPhearson View Post

Thanks for the quick response, here is the link
                      Looks like it compiled fine from that log? Is it not available in your plugins selection?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

For voip there is a voice threshold setting, you'll have to google it as I can't remember off the top of my head.
                        I'll look into this and post my findings here in case anyone else has the same issue.

For the low gravity mode, set the movement mode to LowGrav with SetReplicatedMovementMode (with the normal nodes you have to define custom and then the custom number, that node packages it neatly)."
                        Thanks a ton for the detailed info. I've added the 'Set Replicated Movement Mode' node to the Vive pawn after Begin Play and set it to 'LowGrav', but it doesn't seem to take. Movement still works as usual. Is there something else I need to adjust perhaps?

Comment

Looks like it compiled fine from that log? Is it not available in your plugins selection?
                          It is showing, and I think it is working correctly. I think I have been misunderstanding what "skipping" means in VS. Since the last line of my output log (1 succeeded 0 failed 1 skipped) did not show exactly what was shown in the last step of the setup guide (2 succeeded 0 failed 0 skipped), I had assumed I was going to encounter problems.

Thank you for checking this for me, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jessekirbs View Post

I'll look into this and post my findings here in case anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks a ton for the detailed info. I've added the 'Set Replicated Movement Mode' node to the Vive pawn after Begin Play and set it to 'LowGrav', but it doesn't seem to take. Movement still works as usual. Is there something else I need to adjust perhaps?
                            No, that should be it, try printing out the current movement mode and making sure that it switches over.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, I am very new to UE4. Your template is great and your development videos are really interesting to see how you are working things out, keep it up!.

I would like to know if anyone could help me figure out how I can adjust the [L Hand D Pad Press Based Movement] inside the Vive_PawnCharacter BP so that when I have DPAD Orient in play mode active I can rotate instead of strafe.

Appreciate the help!

Ivan

Comment

Originally posted by 7ivantheterrible View Post
                                Hello, I am very new to UE4. Your template is great and your development videos are really interesting to see how you are working things out, keep it up!.

I would like to know if anyone could help me figure out how I can adjust the [L Hand D Pad Press Based Movement] inside the Vive_PawnCharacter BP so that when I have DPAD Orient in play mode active I can rotate instead of strafe.

Appreciate the help!

Ivan
                                Call: PerformMoveAction_SnapTurn with a positive or negative value, if you want smooth turning then you multiply your turn rate per second by the current delta time and pass it in.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X