VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

? Change the world scale, it scales the tracking so everything else should remain as is.
    im looking to scale the tracking only and leaving the skeletal mesh normal, but doing so means objects you grab inherit your reduced or increased scale

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post

im looking to scale the tracking only and leaving the skeletal mesh normal, but doing so means objects you grab inherit your reduced or increased scale
      As in positional? Because it won't actually effect "scale", motion controllers are always 1.0f scaled. You can set a custom pivot component and attach it to the mesh and move it with it if you need too to "fake" the full scale and just skip the motion controllers actual relative.

It kind of sounds like you are looking more for a secondary camera though, like in the template during out of body locomotion. Which has some issues, because just "scaling down" or moving the perspective doesn't actually "scale perspective".

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, the rendering of BluePrint properties that appears in HUD doing reflect is a feature of your Plugin ???
        how could I render the properties of my BluePrint on HUD?

Comment

Originally posted by CrashAngel View Post
          Hi, the rendering of BluePrint properties that appears in HUD doing reflect is a feature of your Plugin ???
          how could I render the properties of my BluePrint on HUD?
          Huh? As in a debug list?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Trying not to start up anything big right before 4.22 launch so I got around to fixing up the open input module more and finished the parent bone space setup.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

[QUOTE="mordentral;n1595891"]Trying not to start up anything big right before 4.22 launch so I got around to fixing up the open input module more and finished the parent bone space setup.

wow those knuckles are nice,
              Do you know how to correct a body IK hands to the correct positions when gripping a object? been trying using the two bone ik then transforming the hand bone using a bonespace offset, which works but clips the hand into the forearm
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Rareden; 03-19-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE="Rareden;n1596605"]
                Trying not to start up anything big right before 4.22 launch so I got around to fixing up the open input module more and finished the parent bone space setup.

wow those knuckles are nice,
                Do you know how to correct a body IK hands to the correct positions when gripping a object? been trying using the two bone ik then transforming the hand bone using a bonespace offset, which works but clips the hand into the forearm
                change the target location instead for the IK rather than post offsetting the bone.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Video going over setup of the open input module and linking to it.

Might as well make the module public since there is a need currently.

https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/openinputmodule

https://i.imgur.com/KQ05516.gifv
                  Last edited by mordentral; 03-20-2019, 08:53 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

[QUOTE="mordentral;n1596619"]
                    Originally posted by Rareden View Post

change the target location instead for the IK rather than post offsetting the bone.
                    having trouble getting my head around combing those 2 transforms. Do i need to turn the offset into worldspace and compose it to the worldspace of the objects socket?
                    Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE="Rareden;n1597118"]

having trouble getting my head around combing those 2 transforms. Do i need to turn the offset into worldspace and compose it to the worldspace of the objects socket?
                      Pretty sure that I saw Yurik reply directly to you about this, even with a specific variable name, I am not entirely familiar with his IK system.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added a new game to the use cases: Out Of Ammo

It is an older title but recently scrapped its gripping system and merged in the plugins in its place, no idea if other parts are currently in use.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added a website where I will be moving a lot of the stuff from OP and filling out more complete tutorials and documentation.

https://vreue4.com

It should be a much more flexible interface for information.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I have a weird problem with example project. It works perfectly on VR Preview, but after packaging it works only on left eye. The only way to fix I found so far is to disable stereo rendering via console command (vr.bEnableStereo 0) and then enable it again. It appears only on this project - basic VR project is working. It also doesn't work only on my PC, tried on two others - works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by derko666 View Post
                              I have a weird problem with example project. It works perfectly on VR Preview, but after packaging it works only on left eye. The only way to fix I found so far is to disable stereo rendering via console command (vr.bEnableStereo 0) and then enable it again. It appears only on this project - basic VR project is working. It also doesn't work only on my PC, tried on two others - works like a charm.
                              What headset are you using and what engine version? I saw someone run into that with one of their unrelated projects, I don't remember what they did to fix it but it was a base engine issue.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Tried on UE 4.21 and 4.22. Testing on Dell Visor and Samsung Odyssey. It's really weird since packaged project have troubles only on this particular PC so far. It's only minor problem (I don't have to debug on this machine, but it's kinda annoying to work like this).

Comment

Working...
                                X