No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use normal engine what ist better from 4.20 downgrade to 4.19 or upgrate to 4.21 with your plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Clueless View Post
      This plugin looks amazing! I just took a look at the download and saw "VRExpansionPlugin" and "OpenVRExpansionPlugin". Just wanted to check what the differences were before I dived into it.
      I split the OpenVR (steamVR) functions into a seperate module so that it could be disabled at will, otherwise it would package in the steamVR binaries when you ship for the Oculus platform and they deny submissions based on that.

The core of the plugin is all in the VRExpansionPlugin

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by alex_smidt View Post
        i use normal engine what ist better from 4.20 downgrade to 4.19 or upgrate to 4.21 with your plugin?
        4.21 was more stable for me than 4.20, though others have said otherwise.......regardless downgrading if you have BPs already made isn't going to work anyway.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello!

I have a problem. I am running plugin version 4.21. I just now noticed that there is a problem when I quickly double click "Use" button. When I double click, the object that I am interacting with stops working all together. For example, if I go near lever and press button I can pull it normally, but if I quickly double click to it, it stops working and I cannot interact it anymore. The Interface call "IsHeld" starts to always return true.

Same thing happens with pickables, doors etc. Basically with everything that is using the Interface. Any ideas what might cause this? I have been trying to find the bug, but have been unsuccessfull. Is there something wrong with Plugin or is maybe there is something in my code that causes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
            Hello!

I have a problem. I am running plugin version 4.21. I just now noticed that there is a problem when I quickly double click "Use" button. When I double click, the object that I am interacting with stops working all together. For example, if I go near lever and press button I can pull it normally, but if I quickly double click to it, it stops working and I cannot interact it anymore. The Interface call "IsHeld" starts to always return true.

Same thing happens with pickables, doors etc. Basically with everything that is using the Interface. Any ideas what might cause this? I have been trying to find the bug, but have been unsuccessfull. Is there something wrong with Plugin or is maybe there is something in my code that causes this.
            Its likely something to do with how/when you call DropObject, in tests with the template I have actually bound loops on tick to call the grip/drop events multiple times a frame when stress testing online and had no such issues.

If it is "stuck" in "isheld" then it never got a drop command that it needed and is still gripped. That or you are manually calling SetHeld yourself which you should not be doing, I noticed that I had left that BP accessible when I was porting 4.22 and I closed it off, it was supposed to be a back end only interface function.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm running into an issue with the Niagara particle plugin. For some reason, the particles are only rendering in one eye. I haven't been able to find a solution, and this issue does not occur when using the Niagara particle plugin outside of the VR Expansion Plugin. I really need help with this, I've been having this issue for a long time, and updating UE4, the VR Expansion Plugin, and the Niagara plugin has not fixed the issue yet.

Comment

Originally posted by homsar View Post
                I'm running into an issue with the Niagara particle plugin. For some reason, the particles are only rendering in one eye. I haven't been able to find a solution, and this issue does not occur when using the Niagara particle plugin outside of the VR Expansion Plugin. I really need help with this, I've been having this issue for a long time, and updating UE4, the VR Expansion Plugin, and the Niagara plugin has not fixed the issue yet.
                Outside of the template are you using the deferred rendering pathway? My plugin wouldn't be effecting rendering any, but the templates settings may and it is using the Clustered Forward renderer. You can switch over to deferred and bug report it if it goes away.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm using the VRExpansionPlugin in UnrealEngine 4. Steps I've taken
                  • Created a new "Default" level within the template project provided by the VRExpansionPlugin.
                  • Added a NavMeshBoundsVolume to the level.
                  • Deleted the existing "Player Start" and replaced it with the "VRPlayer Start".

I would expect that when I "Play" the level I should be able to point at the ground and teleport around, but instead I just see the short blue teleport line that almost immediately cuts off.

I know that I am missing a step (probably only one) but I'm not sure what step I am missing. Also, I can't find any documentation to help figure out what I am missing. So, with that said, what am I missing to enable teleport movement in my UE4 VRExpansionPlugin VR project?

Comment

Quick question: Using the VRLever component I can't find a way to set the Current Angle. Looking for "Set Angle" I find "Set Dial Angle" under the VRLeverComponent, but that seems to be in the wrong place. Is this something that is fixed in a newer version maybe? The plugin that I'm using now is from and of January.

Comment

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
                      Quick question: Using the VRLever component I can't find a way to set the Current Angle. Looking for "Set Angle" I find "Set Dial Angle" under the VRLeverComponent, but that seems to be in the wrong place. Is this something that is fixed in a newer version maybe? The plugin that I'm using now is from and of January.
                      Code:
                      /**
                      * Sets the angle of the lever forcefully
                      * param NewAngle The new angle to use, for single axis levers the sign of the angle will be used
                      * param DualAxisForwardVector Only used with dual axis levers, you need to define the forward axis for the angle to apply too
                      */
                      UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "VRLeverComponent")
                      void SetLeverAngle(float NewAngle, FVector DualAxisForwardVector)
                      It was a recent addition, think it was added in February.

Before that people were setting the angle manually and then calling Re-calculate lever angle.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Code:
                        /**
                        * Sets the angle of the lever forcefully
                        * param NewAngle The new angle to use, for single axis levers the sign of the angle will be used
                        * param DualAxisForwardVector Only used with dual axis levers, you need to define the forward axis for the angle to apply too
                        */
                        UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, Category = "VRLeverComponent")
                        void SetLeverAngle(float NewAngle, FVector DualAxisForwardVector)
                        It was a recent addition, think it was added in February.

Before that people were setting the angle manually and then calling Re-calculate lever angle.
                        Super, thanks.. So I'll update to a newer version then.

Comment

Originally posted by NotADesigner View Post
                          I'm using the VRExpansionPlugin in UnrealEngine 4. Steps I've taken
                          • Created a new "Default" level within the template project provided by the VRExpansionPlugin.
                          • Added a NavMeshBoundsVolume to the level.
                          • Deleted the existing "Player Start" and replaced it with the "VRPlayer Start".

I would expect that when I "Play" the level I should be able to point at the ground and teleport around, but instead I just see the short blue teleport line that almost immediately cuts off.

I know that I am missing a step (probably only one) but I'm not sure what step I am missing. Also, I can't find any documentation to help figure out what I am missing. So, with that said, what am I missing to enable teleport movement in my UE4 VRExpansionPlugin VR project?
                          Turns out the issue was that my NavMeshBounds was sitting directly on top of my floor (I placed it using the "end" key). To get it working again I had to move it into the floor a bit.

I wanted to post the solution to my problem in case anybody else was a newbie like me and ran into this.

Comment

Been trying to make a method for a player to scale them selfs up or down (VR immersion aside) with the vive character class. while leaving the scale of the skeleton the same, that is attached to the root reference.
                            tried scaling the netsmoother but when grabbing objects the object inherits the netsmoother scale, and that method didnt seem rather elegant.
                            Anyone have a thought on how to achieve this?
                            Last edited by Rareden; 03-14-2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
                              Been trying to make a method for a player to scale them selfs up or down (VR immersion aside) with the vive character class. while leaving the scale of the skeleton the same, that is attached to the root reference.
                              tried scaling the netsmoother but when grabbing objects the object inherits the netsmoother scale, and that method didnt seem rather elegant.
                              Anyone have a thought on how to achieve this?
                              ? Change the world scale, it scales the tracking so everything else should remain as is.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

? Change the world scale, it scales the tracking so everything else should remain as is.
                                im looking to scale the tracking only and leaving the skeletal mesh normal, but doing so means objects you grab inherit your reduced or increased scale

Comment

Working...
                                X