No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah those laser pointers are basically what am after! Only difference is that they can be adjusted in length so to speak. I'll have to look into using that custom pivot, sounds like what I am after.

Also minor thing, Unforgiven was renamed to "Virtual Escape: The Play Room" on your list of games that use the plugin. Also, the game is undergoing updates that will bring it to use the latest version.

Thanks again for this plugin, amazed at the amount of time you put into it after all this time!

EDIT:

Custom pivot was exactly what I wanted, works perfectly!

Cheers
    Last edited by Defaultsound; 02-26-2019, 05:11 PM.
    Portfolio

Default Interactive

A Skip And A Hop Too Far Into Light Speed

Comment

Hi everyone.

So I have run into an issue, I am new and have stayed on 4.20 and never updated (scared after being an apple user making music professionally for over 20 years and dealing with nightmares from updating) so I lived under the if it aint broke dont fix it rule. I do not know the proper way to update, and I dont know how to update with the VRE at all.

the reason I need to update is because some plugin never made it to 4.20 for some reason and I would like to use it.

I see on the branches that even my 4.20 was updated but it says locked but it seems like people are updating it? I see comments and things changed just yesterday. so it seems that my VRE that I downloaded in sept 2018 is not the same anymore.

https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches

if I was to update to the new 4.21 how would I go about it? also, has anything changed? I hear 4.22 has alot of things changed for VR performance has anyone heard about this? Something about the meshes and lower polly counts.
      Last edited by PRESSURE2000; 02-26-2019, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
        Hi everyone.

So I have run into an issue, I am new and have stayed on 4.20 and never updated (scared after being an apple user making music professionally for over 20 years and dealing with nightmares from updating) so I lived under the if it aint broke dont fix it rule. I do not know the proper way to update, and I dont know how to update with the VRE at all.

the reason I need to update is because some plugin never made it to 4.20 for some reason and I would like to use it.

I see on the branches that even my 4.20 was updated but it says locked but it seems like people are updating it? I see comments and things changed just yesterday. so it seems that my VRE that I downloaded in sept 2018 is not the same anymore.

https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches

if I was to update to the new 4.21 how would I go about it? also, has anything changed? I hear 4.22 has alot of things changed for VR performance has anyone heard about this? Something about the meshes and lower polly counts.
        Master branch is always the latest branch, I port back patches from master to older branches if they are clean merges which is why the locked ones still see activity.

When 4.22 comes out it will be master and 4.21 will be locked.

As for how to update I replied in discord for you regarding that.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Defaultsound View Post
          Ah those laser pointers are basically what am after! Only difference is that they can be adjusted in length so to speak. I'll have to look into using that custom pivot, sounds like what I am after.

Also minor thing, Unforgiven was renamed to "Virtual Escape: The Play Room" on your list of games that use the plugin. Also, the game is undergoing updates that will bring it to use the latest version.

Thanks again for this plugin, amazed at the amount of time you put into it after all this time!

EDIT:

Custom pivot was exactly what I wanted, works perfectly!

Cheers
          Updated the game information

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Getting some issue porting the template to 4.20. I have about 137 "failed to load outer for resource" errors.

I migrated the 4.20 plugins into the "Plugins" folder, and built the .sln file. I get no other errors, only once I open the UE4 project filed do I receive the load errors.

Is there something I am missing? I was hoping to peek under the hood of the Vive Pawn Character

Comment

Originally posted by ZakIckes View Post
              Getting some issue porting the template to 4.20. I have about 137 "failed to load outer for resource" errors.

I migrated the 4.20 plugins into the "Plugins" folder, and built the .sln file. I get no other errors, only once I open the UE4 project filed do I receive the load errors.

Is there something I am missing? I was hoping to peek under the hood of the Vive Pawn Character
              Download the 4.20 template branch, you can't backwards convert BP's for the most part.

https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...0%20locked.zip

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah ok, thank you. I don't know how I missed that the first time.

I noticed last time I messed with this template that the only thing in the World Outliner that handles player movement is the "VRPlayerSart1." My understanding is there is no blueprint associated with this, and all the BP functions are carried out via "Simple_Base_VRCharacter_NotNetworked"

Is my understanding correct? I cannot for the life of me figure out how the VRPlayerStart functions in relation to vive controllers and movement. If I place VRPlayerStart in my own project, I am placed above the ground with no ability to control. Clearly new to all this, but I couldn't quite figure it out in the documentation.

Thanks for the awesome work you've done.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakIckes View Post
                  Ah ok, thank you. I don't know how I missed that the first time.

I noticed last time I messed with this template that the only thing in the World Outliner that handles player movement is the "VRPlayerSart1." My understanding is there is no blueprint associated with this, and all the BP functions are carried out via "Simple_Base_VRCharacter_NotNetworked"

Is my understanding correct? I cannot for the life of me figure out how the VRPlayerStart functions in relation to vive controllers and movement. If I place VRPlayerStart in my own project, I am placed above the ground with no ability to control. Clearly new to all this, but I couldn't quite figure it out in the documentation.

Thanks for the awesome work you've done.
                  No? The Player controller / game mode spawn a character based on if VR is active or not. For VR that is the Vive_PawnCharacter.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Where should I call the SetSkyboxOverride function from? I've tried to call it from my Game Instance with no luck. My skybox textures are uncompressed. Could someone please walk me through how I should set this up?

Comment

Originally posted by dmhwtn View Post
                      Where should I call the SetSkyboxOverride function from? I've tried to call it from my Game Instance with no luck. My skybox textures are uncompressed. Could someone please walk me through how I should set this up?
                      You should be able to call it from anywhere, you do know that it is for the out of game overlay though right? IE: what shows during rendering stalls or when you manually switch over?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, I'll keep trying. Yeah, I'm trying to replace the Steam VR skybox which generally appears when players join or host sessions. By uncompressed RGBA did you just mean removing the mipmaps?

Comment

Originally posted by dmhwtn View Post
                          Thanks for clarifying, I'll keep trying. Yeah, I'm trying to replace the Steam VR skybox which generally appears when players join or host sessions. By uncompressed RGBA did you just mean removing the mipmaps?
                          No, you need its texture format to be one of the uncompressed formats, off the top of my head I don't remember the engine options though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

hey I have a question for anyone here whos using this. How are you attaching a target for the AI to shoot at you. The AI is shooting to the right of me, and I need to do something to fix it, someone said to put a body on my pawn, so I was looking for some full body system and they have a couple but they cost money. Can anyone recommend one or recommend a fix that will let the AI shoot at me? Im wondering whats everyone doing do AI can shoot at you???

I

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
                              hey I have a question for anyone here whos using this. How are you attaching a target for the AI to shoot at you. The AI is shooting to the right of me, and I need to do something to fix it, someone said to put a body on my pawn, so I was looking for some full body system and they have a couple but they cost money. Can anyone recommend one or recommend a fix that will let the AI shoot at me? Im wondering whats everyone doing do AI can shoot at you???

I
                              We already spoke about this....I provide AI controller base classes that support the offset VRCharacter class (The simple one isn't offset so it doesn't have this). However you are using a marketplace AI plugin that manually implements targeting instead of using the built in functions for it, and that marketplace assets suggestion for a "fix" is to place another pawn attached to your VRcamera and have the AI target than instead.....

If you intend to keep using that AI plugin then you either need to fix that section of their BP nodes or you need to do as they suggest, I had someone else ask me about it a long time ago who also ran into that section.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

We already spoke about this....I provide AI controller base classes that support the offset VRCharacter class (The simple one isn't offset so it doesn't have this). However you are using a marketplace AI plugin that manually implements targeting instead of using the built in functions for it, and that marketplace assets suggestion for a "fix" is to place another pawn attached to your VRcamera and have the AI target than instead.....

If you intend to keep using that AI plugin then you either need to fix that section of their BP nodes or you need to do as they suggest, I had someone else ask me about it a long time ago who also ran into that section.
                                I think I have finally fixed it! I went back into the chat and checked what you told me. I parented the AI controller to the to yours and now it works! I tested it by hiding behind a cube and the AI hit me when I stuck my head out the side! Weird because I think I tried it before and it didnt work, maybe I was just changing it without parenting it.

Thank you mordentral for this plugin its helped me alot, I can now bring people over to finally test my game and give me real feedback!

Comment

Working...
                                X