X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUDGE DREDD VR View Post
    4.20 have a Bug
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-64034

i Change the Flags.bCompositeDepth to false and build new release but problem not fix!

i need rebuild the sln or what?
    Rebuilding the SLN doesn't do anything, its an engine issue so unless you are on a source copy of the engine then you need to get a version of the engine with the fix (IE: 4.21+).

If you ARE on a source version then you can pull that fix commit and patch your 4.20 version.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

i use normal engine what ist better from 4.20 downgrade to 4.19 or upgrate to 4.21 with your plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by JUDGE DREDD VR View Post
        i use normal engine what ist better from 4.20 downgrade to 4.19 or upgrate to 4.21 with your plugin?
        4.21 is pretty good, and downgrading is rather hard with any BP content...

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

List of recent bug fixes / changes, live on Master branch of the repository.

Code:
          Now caching the secondary attachment pointer, this lets me
          make sure that the server gets a valid pointer on release of secondary grips, also lets me throw drop events
          when the secondary attachment changed but its still a secondary.

Changed to sending the full transform on drop with client auth grips instead of just position / rotation.

Fixed a Z axis bug introduced with the lever angle re-write

Moved EVRInteractibleAxis to the VRInteractibleFunctionLibrary header,
          it belongs there instead.

Switched levers over to use the Interactible library functions

Also made the dial use the same basic logic as the lever for rotation,
          with an option to revert back to direct hand sampling.

Added new grip type "EventsOnly", will skip ALL extra logic of grips and only store the grip
          data and fire the events for it. Whether you do anything else with it or not is up to you.
          Like a CustomGrip except even more barebones as it does not fire TickGrip or obey any of the
          dropping simulation logic, it is also auto excluded from late updates.

Stopped calling "StopSimulating" on Custom Gripped objects automatically.
          It is legal to start and keep a custom grip simulating, that call should have
          never been there. Anyone who needs their custom grips to auto stop simulating on grip
          will need to call it in the OnGrip event themselves.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

quick question, Is there a method for locking the controller location when gripping something like a lever, so it only moves along the levers path

Comment

How should I go about implementing the OpenVR skybox override for a loading screen? I've tried using your blueprint nodes but it's still giving me the default SteamVR skybox between levels. Are there any further instructions for setting this up?

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
                quick question, Is there a method for locking the controller location when gripping something like a lever, so it only moves along the levers path
                You don't want to lock the "controller", you want to snap your hand mesh to the lever.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by dmhwtn View Post
                  How should I go about implementing the OpenVR skybox override for a loading screen? I've tried using your blueprint nodes but it's still giving me the default SteamVR skybox between levels. Are there any further instructions for setting this up?
                  The textures need to be uncompressed RGBA, OpenVR won't accept compressed textures.

It should be logging an output log error though if it gets an error returned from openVR. "VR Compositor Error %i"

VRCompositorError_InvalidTexture = 102,
                  VRCompositorError_IsNotSceneApplication = 103,
                  VRCompositorError_TextureIsOnWrongDevice = 104,
                  VRCompositorError_TextureUsesUnsupportedFormat = 105,
                  VRCompositorError_SharedTexturesNotSupported = 106,

Are the likely error codes that it would be throwing
                  Last edited by mordentral; 02-14-2019, 09:17 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Best Practice for Elevator in VR

Hi,

I thought to ask this here, since all VR junkies are in this thread .

I'm having some trouble creating a smooth elevator in VR. Basically, the environment 'shakes' a lot for the user as soon as the elevator is moving. I think this is caused by the elevator floor moving, and the VR character 'floor offset' not updating every frame (or being delayed by the NavMesh updating?).

Does anyone have ideas on how to improve on this? Should I adjust actor location together with the elevator maybe?

Thanks a bunch!
                    W

Comment

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
                      Best Practice for Elevator in VR

Hi,

I thought to ask this here, since all VR junkies are in this thread .

I'm having some trouble creating a smooth elevator in VR. Basically, the environment 'shakes' a lot for the user as soon as the elevator is moving. I think this is caused by the elevator floor moving, and the VR character 'floor offset' not updating every frame (or being delayed by the NavMesh updating?).

Does anyone have ideas on how to improve on this? Should I adjust actor location together with the elevator maybe?

Thanks a bunch!
                      W
                      You may want to move the elevator before the character moves, its likely that it is in the same tick group and the ordering is random so sometimes it moves before the chracter and sometimes it moves after the character.

Adding a tick pre-res for the player to the elevator should work...though normally a dynamic base like that should already be doing that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello,
                        I'm trying to understand how you created the laserbeam, may I ask you in which BPs you're setting it all up?
                        Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jansenl View Post
                          Hello,
                          I'm trying to understand how you created the laserbeam, may I ask you in which BPs you're setting it all up?
                          Thank you!
                          I put it inside of Epics MotionController_BP actor since I had moved the controllers out of there. I didn't want to put all of those components into the primary character blueprint.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You may want to move the elevator before the character moves, its likely that it is in the same tick group and the ordering is random so sometimes it moves before the chracter and sometimes it moves after the character.

Adding a tick pre-res for the player to the elevator should work...though normally a dynamic base like that should already be doing that.
                            I didn't manage to get an improvement out of adding pre-res.. But eventually I did find the cause: I was using 'MoveComponentTo' (and moving the root component so that the rest would follow). It turns out this doesn't play nicely. Using a TimeLineComponenent and Lerp SetActorLocation solved my issue.

Comment

So, another day another question: Using IK on a standard SkeletalMesh, I can grip the different parts of the mesh and move them around. When using the GrippableSkeletonMesh instead (to get better control on the gripping logic), I don't manage to grab anything but the root bone of the Skeleton. Simulation works fine. Is this maybe a bug in the plugin? Or am I missing a setting here?

Let me know if you need more details..

Comment

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
                                So, another day another question: Using IK on a standard SkeletalMesh, I can grip the different parts of the mesh and move them around. When using the GrippableSkeletonMesh instead (to get better control on the gripping logic), I don't manage to grab anything but the root bone of the Skeleton. Simulation works fine. Is this maybe a bug in the plugin? Or am I missing a setting here?

Let me know if you need more details..
                                In the template there is a "PerBoneGripping" gameplay tag that switches to using the traced bone name for the object. It is an option because normally per bone gripping is undesired. It requires a simulating skeletal mesh though (rag doll or bone chain).

If you are manually gripping then passing in the bone name / transform of the bone to the grip command is the same thing.

Be warned that overlaps cannot return a bone name, so either you would have to iterate over the closest physics bodies from an overlap or not use them.

If you are talking about posing a skeletal mesh though (as you seem to imply from IKing to match the hand) then you are out of luck here, that logic HAS to be custom as you cannot simulate and then unsimulate a bone chain and have it retain position without snap shotting the pose in the animbp (pose returns to the animgraph one on unsimulation).

You can run that manually with a custom grip type and performing your logic in the TickGrip function.
                                Last edited by mordentral; 02-22-2019, 09:15 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X