X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
    Hi there,

Hope that someone has ideas
    Try the step listed at the bottom of this answerhub post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nal-priva.html

Also no its not plugin related, you just appear to have some BP misslinking and/or bad redirects. You may want to try "fix up redirects" on your content folder as well.

As for the no scope supplied message, I would normally expect that in something without a valid worldcontext? But the player controller should be fine for that, where are you running this logic? On login? On Spawn?

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral Thank you, you truly are a legend !! I've been playing with UE4 with VR on and off for a year now, until I found this. Wow !! Wish I found it a year ago

Comment

Is it possible to prioritize a object to be gripped, having issues with trying to grab a small physics object on a table, seems to attempt to grab the table as well and requires some precision to grab the object

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post
          Is it possible to prioritize a object to be gripped, having issues with trying to grab a small physics object on a table, seems to attempt to grab the table as well and requires some precision to grab the object
          Yes, I don't know if you are working from the ground up or with the template, but I expose

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "AdvancedGripSettings")
          uint8 GripPriority;

In the AdvancedSettings structure that you can get with https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...pSettings.html

in the template I use it to sort an array of trace/overlap results by the priority and then return the closest of the highest priority results. It defaults to -1 so all non interfaced objects are a priority of -1 and all interfaced objects are a priority of 0, the template gun for example has the slider on it as a priority 2 I think and so it is always picked out first if the hand is overlapping both it and the gun.

If you are based on the template you can just set the priority on the object and forget about it. But from the sounds of it you aren't, as with the template it should already be prioritizing the interfaced object over the table.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Try the step listed at the bottom of this answerhub post: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...nal-priva.html

Also no its not plugin related, you just appear to have some BP misslinking and/or bad redirects. You may want to try "fix up redirects" on your content folder as well.

As for the no scope supplied message, I would normally expect that in something without a valid worldcontext? But the player controller should be fine for that, where are you running this logic? On login? On Spawn?
            Thanks for the input! I also found the link you provided and did not manage to solve the issue following those steps.. But anyway, your mentioning BP links got me to try something else that did solve the issue of the warning messages: I migrated the involved BP's (Game Mode, Player Controller, Pawn) to a fresh project, opened that project and migrated them straight back (overwriting the originals). That way I could save / rename the files again. After that, I saw that some old copies remained (though no longer in use). I manually deleted those and my problem went away.

Next, I found that my logic to find a PlayerStart was still as per your older example projects (Game Mode calling a custom event 'Initiate Play' in the PlayerController). This somehow did not allow my logic (going through all PlayerStarts and selecting some based on generic Actor tags, a function called in ReturnHMDStatus on server) to execute correctly. Moving to a more regular setup (as per your latest example project, with logic called through EventBeginPlay in the PlayerController) solved this issue.

.. I'm probably still not doing things in the best way.. but it's really hard to find good best practices for this stuff..

Anyway, just wanted to write down the solution I found hoping it might help someone else.

And of course thank you for your message which, in the end, pointed me in the right direction.

W

Comment

Yes, I don't know if you are working from the ground up or with the template, but I expose

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "AdvancedGripSettings")
              uint8 GripPriority;

In the AdvancedSettings structure that you can get with https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...pSettings.html

in the template I use it to sort an array of trace/overlap results by the priority and then return the closest of the highest priority results. It defaults to -1 so all non interfaced objects are a priority of -1 and all interfaced objects are a priority of 0, the template gun for example has the slider on it as a priority 2 I think and so it is always picked out first if the hand is overlapping both it and the gun.

If you are based on the template you can just set the priority on the object and forget about it. But from the sounds of it you aren't, as with the template it should already be prioritizing the interfaced object over the table.
              aah ok, great thanks.
              Additionally from the issue earlier with the custom grip script, it does seem to be referencing the same script for each object instance. or at least they all have the same object name according to the log print. Guess ill have to work around this for the time being if its the engine bug.
              Code:
              _0] Server: GS_Cue_C_0
               [BPWorkingCue_C_1] Server: GS_Cue_C_0
               [BPWorkingCue_C_2] Server: GS_Cue_C_0
               [BPWorkingCue_C_0] Client 1: GS_Cue_C_0
               [BPWorkingCue_C_1] Client 1: GS_Cue_C_0
              [BPWorkingCue_C_2] Client 1: GS_Cue_C_0

Comment

Originally posted by Rareden View Post

aah ok, great thanks.
                Additionally from the issue earlier with the custom grip script, it does seem to be referencing the same script for each object instance. or at least they all have the same object name according to the log print. Guess ill have to work around this for the time being if its the engine bug.
                Code:
                _0] Server: GS_Cue_C_0
                [BPWorkingCue_C_1] Server: GS_Cue_C_0
                [BPWorkingCue_C_2] Server: GS_Cue_C_0
                [BPWorkingCue_C_0] Client 1: GS_Cue_C_0
                [BPWorkingCue_C_1] Client 1: GS_Cue_C_0
                [BPWorkingCue_C_2] Client 1: GS_Cue_C_0
                Yeah, there is an engine bug that makes instanced inline-new objects point to their CDO, the current bug report for it is listed as "Target 4.22" but there are a ton of instanced object bugs that have been sitting around for months now.

That being said, I haven't been able to get a grip script to do that yet, unsure how your setup is getting there with what you are doing. You can send me in PM a copy of your script and object if you want so I can debug that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Spent the past year and a half learning UE4 and making a VR game in my spare time. I used your plugin, but I was too scared to try and update unreal so I did it all with 4.16! It just got accepted on the Oculus Store, I'll let you know about release date!

Liberty Lane Teaser
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_d5...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by iansharar View Post
                    Spent the past year and a half learning UE4 and making a VR game in my spare time. I used your plugin, but I was too scared to try and update unreal so I did it all with 4.16! It just got accepted on the Oculus Store, I'll let you know about release date!

Liberty Lane Teaser
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_d5...ature=youtu.be
                    Good luck!, Sad though, there were so many good updates since 4.16.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Good luck!, Sad though, there were so many good updates since 4.16.
                      Thank you! and yes, I see that! I'm testing out 4.21 with your newest build now! I did have one question, if you could help me out, though I know it's a pretty outdated question. If i could get this figured out before release that would be dope:

How do I change the pickup/use buttons in your 4.16 version? Right now its trigger to pickup/use, grip to drop. There doesn't seem to be a way, anywhere in UE4 to change that. I'm guessing its in the C++ code? But I don't know C++ lol. If there's a way to do it in blueprints let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by iansharar View Post

Thank you! and yes, I see that! I'm testing out 4.21 with your newest build now! I did have one question, if you could help me out, though I know it's a pretty outdated question. If i could get this figured out before release that would be dope:

How do I change the pickup/use buttons in your 4.16 version? Right now its trigger to pickup/use, grip to drop. There doesn't seem to be a way, anywhere in UE4 to change that. I'm guessing its in the C++ code? But I don't know C++ lol. If there's a way to do it in blueprints let me know!
                        I don't think the gameplay tags were in that template, or the controller profiles. But you can literally just use different key binds to call the "CheckGrip/Drop" functions.

If the gameplay tags WERE in it then you can just change the defaults in the character / per object.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I don't think the gameplay tags were in that template, or the controller profiles. But you can literally just use different key binds to call the "CheckGrip/Drop" functions.

If the gameplay tags WERE in it then you can just change the defaults in the character / per object.
                          I swear I looked but I'll look again, thank you!

Comment

Having trouble with using your plugin on dedicated server. So what I did:
                            1) have a working dedicated server setup on my project (using 4.21)
                            2) imported VR Expansion (put to /Plugins and added the string to .Build.cs)
                            3) trying to build under Development Editor
                            It pops me following: "Couldn't find referenced module "ShaderCore"." It is referenced by plugin's .Build.cs. Any idea how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by KelbornKad View Post
                              Having trouble with using your plugin on dedicated server. So what I did:
                              1) have a working dedicated server setup on my project (using 4.21)
                              2) imported VR Expansion (put to /Plugins and added the string to .Build.cs)
                              3) trying to build under Development Editor
                              It pops me following: "Couldn't find referenced module "ShaderCore"." It is referenced by plugin's .Build.cs. Any idea how to fix it?
                              That has nothing to do with a dedicated server, you are building for the development editor, also ShaderCore is a core module and one that you have. I haven't seen that before but you may want to try regenerating your project files if you haven't yet, that is generally the first step after 1-2 above and you didn't list it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That has nothing to do with a dedicated server, you are building for the development editor, also ShaderCore is a core module and one that you have. I haven't seen that before but you may want to try regenerating your project files if you haven't yet, that is generally the first step after 1-2 above and you didn't list it.
                                I've tried to regenerate VS files, but no luck.
                                It looks like it is not included in my source build (but I've cloned it from 4.21, so don't know whether it is possible or not). Unlinke RenderCore which has separate folder, ShaderCore is only a class and is located inside RenderCore folder for my build.
                                Also tried with example project. So the most precise list of my actions for now:
                                1) set up dedicated server source
                                2) loaded example project
                                3) switched UE version on example project to server source
                                4) added ...Server.Target.cs with all stuff
                                5) generated VS project files
                                6) opened .sln
                                7) trying to build under Development Editor
                                8) getting error Could not find definition for module 'ShaderCore' (referenced via Target -> VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs) VRExpPluginExample ...\UnrealBuildTool

Is it possible that loaded source is incomplete?

Comment

Working...
                                X