VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rareden View Post

Would it be better to do that in c++ or possible in a child BP class of the GS. i had a glance through the interactiblesSettings.h and cpp, im no master coder though.
    Confused as how best to tick or execute the actions within the script in blueprint
    You can do it in BP, C++ is only better because it avoids the overhead of the scripting translation.

Just overload the GetWorldTransform function and modify the transform to suite you. A child class of GripScriptBase_BP.

If doing the logic is easier for you in the main actor you can do that and just set a clamping variable in the grip script.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You can do it in BP, C++ is only better because it avoids the overhead of the scripting translation.

Just overload the GetWorldTransform function and modify the transform to suite you. A child class of GripScriptBase_BP.

If doing the logic is easier for you in the main actor you can do that and just set a clamping variable in the grip script.

ahh i see, thanks.
      Sorry for all the questions, but whats the correct method for casting to a grip script from a actor its used on to, ie to set a initial transform to base it off
      Tried using the get grip scripts on the actor and getting a copy of the the array but the cast always fails to the custom script.

Comment

ahh i see, thanks.
        Sorry for all the questions, but whats the correct method for casting to a grip script from a actor its used on to, ie to set a initial transform to base it off
        Tried using the get grip scripts on the actor and getting a copy of the the array but the cast always fails to the custom script.

This works fine for me, though you would likely want to do it just once (on begin play or something) and keep a reference

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

This works fine for me, though you would likely want to do it just once (on begin play or something) and keep a reference
          yea i tried that but it fails every time
          Edit: ok apparently it matters which pin you drag the cast to off, if you just type cast to the script in the menu and create the node it wont work, but if you drag it off of the GET it wil work, strange.
          Last edited by Rareden; 12-21-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Hi mordentral,

How did you achieve the body not being spring-like attached to the HMD like in the below video?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPG...ature=youtu.be

Is this achieved completely by your changes to the camera and the bOffsetByHMD bool or is there more to it?

Comment

Originally posted by BBalrog View Post
              Hi mordentral,

How did you achieve the body not being spring-like attached to the HMD like in the below video?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPG...ature=youtu.be

Is this achieved completely by your changes to the camera and the bOffsetByHMD bool or is there more to it?
              That looks like a tick order issue.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That looks like a tick order issue.
                Do you mean the tick group or something else?
                I have tried all the tick group options and the problem persists.

Comment

Originally posted by BBalrog View Post

Do you mean the tick group or something else?
                  I have tried all the tick group options and the problem persists.
                  What are you assigning ticking too? The Skeletal mesh?

You may want to just sample the HMD height anyway, it doesn't update camera position until GetCameraView.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

What are you assigning ticking too? The Skeletal mesh?

You may want to just sample the HMD height anyway, it doesn't update camera position until GetCameraView.
                    I was assigning to the entire actor and the skeletal mesh on event begin play. I also tried setting it from the blueprint properties.

I was getting my location and rotation from the camera, once I changed it to get "orientation and position" it seemed to track much better and not be so spring-like. It is in local space or something right now but I feel like once I get that sorted out the issue will be fixed. Thanks for the help.

Comment

How can I get a component like a static mesh to stay with the hmd in only x-y location and only z rotation in the vrchracter, like the capsule does?

Comment

Is there a method to remove/disable the unwanted movement modes in the parent vive character without screwing it up too much, i only need to move though thumb stick movement?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam54123 View Post
                          How can I get a component like a static mesh to stay with the hmd in only x-y location and only z rotation in the vrchracter, like the capsule does?
                          Attach it to the ParentRelativeAttachmentComponent.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is there a method to remove/disable the unwanted movement modes in the parent vive character without screwing it up too much, i only need to move though thumb stick movement?
                            Remove all of mode switching and just set the DefaultMovementModeLeft / Right to the mode you want. Its just a BP script for the sliding movement though, would be pretty simple for you to remake as well.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello,

I'm trying to open the examples file to play with the interactions and I get these messages back: https://imgur.com/a/ria1zdv
                              Any clues? I appreciate any help please.
                              Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by jansenl View Post
                                Hello,

I'm trying to open the examples file to play with the interactions and I get these messages back: https://imgur.com/a/ria1zdv
                                Any clues? I appreciate any help please.
                                Thank you very much.
                                Follow the setup instructions, I don't package pre-built binaries in with the template to avoid file bloat.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X