VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeroVector View Post

mordentral : Ok, I have spent a lot of time trying to get this to work.. And I have settled on the way I have got it working now.. Its a long story so I will just ask one question if you do not mind which can be a solution for me.. I hope its not to much trouble.. Ok, when you pickup the grapple gun to active the grapple on the hand you pick it up with, is there away to not pick up the gun mesh and just leave it in place where it was position before game start? Its just i have replace the gun with a mesh that is attached to my wrist on the hand. And when i trigger it with my other hand it attaches to that hand and when i drop it i can never get it back in the original position.. I have try over and over for hours.. I am so close to what I want now.. Its just this one thing..To leave the gun/my mesh in place when pickup...
    Just take all of the logic of the grapple gun....and put it inside of an actor component or static mesh component that you add to the pawn....

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Apply some impulse in the opposing direction and slow down....You aren't really supposed to come to a stop in real Zero-G naturally unless there is a source of friction like a fairly thick atmosphere.

Could do some custom velocity degradation as well. If you really wanted to get intricate, tying in physics volumes with friction values could be interesting.
      Originally posted by Kosar View Post
      mordentral First thing first I would like to thank you for this amazing plugin. Its truly an amazing tool to have.

Im currently prototyping a zero G controls and movements. I have managed to get a working thrust as well as a brake option. Since my character just floats even after not inputting any movement, I tried many different approach to have a gradual braking option. Nothing seem to have worked except for Stop Movement Immediately. When I do use it, it brings the character to a complete stop instantly. What I want is to make this braking a little gradual. Is there anyway to achieve this?
      Actually I forgot something, I do have fluid friction already enabled with physics volumes and low grav mode.

If you set this to false: VRLowGravIgnoresDefaultFluidFriction (default is true) then it will use the default physics volume (or the current one that you are inside of) and apply its fluid friction value to the velocity.

I also have a wall friction scaler that you can play with for when hitting walls.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Just take all of the logic of the grapple gun....and put it inside of an actor component or static mesh component that you add to the pawn....
        Thank you, I have been thinking about removing it from the GunBase and just take the Logic from the grapple gun and making my own.. I will have to learn abit more about this. But when I get it working.. I'll share my project with the community to help others on this forum.. Thank you so much.. I'll work it out, just needed to be reassured.. Thank you... I have it so u have a bracelet on each wrist and when u press the button with the other hand you get the grapple on that hand.. Thinking on the basis if u was climbing and u was holding on to the cliff with one hand u still can activate the grapple with the other hand with the bracelet on the hand holding on to the cliff and swing away from the cliff for example... I'll make a video of this functionally and share my project here... I want to give this back as u have helped me a lot and pointed me in the right direction... Its only fair to share what i hope to do back to the community. I'm abit old school.. So have abit of background knowledge, but back in the 90's on the old Amiga computer and been a web developer for years.. LOL... But want get back into it and UE4 is the way to go.. Unreal..

Comment

Updated the auto documentation, sorry it took so long but I had to sit down and fix some compilation errors in the auto doc gen plugin that were caused by the engine now requiring visual studio 2017 and patch 4.21.

Haven't seen any recent updates to that plugin on the original repo so I may end up having to maintain it for my use .

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey there,

I'm having some difficulty working with the desk/drawers in the template level. Specifically, I'm encountering difficulty in placing actors inside of the drawers and having them behave as one would expect.

I've tried a variety of things from setting custom collisions on individual drawers (or the two drawer meshes) to modifying the collision presets on the desk as whole, but I'm not getting the sought after behavior. The actor(s) either clip through the drawers/desk upon play and fall to the floor, or they simply hold their ground within the drawer -- so upon opening a drawer the actor doesn't move with the drawer, and simply stays put wherever it was placed in the editor.

Is there something quite obvious I'm missing? Something that needs changing in the collision presets of the actor/mesh in question? (It's currently set to block all).

Any help or guidance would be super appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by detlefholz View Post
              Hey there,

I'm having some difficulty working with the desk/drawers in the template level. Specifically, I'm encountering difficulty in placing actors inside of the drawers and having them behave as one would expect.

I've tried a variety of things from setting custom collisions on individual drawers (or the two drawer meshes) to modifying the collision presets on the desk as whole, but I'm not getting the sought after behavior. The actor(s) either clip through the drawers/desk upon play and fall to the floor, or they simply hold their ground within the drawer -- so upon opening a drawer the actor doesn't move with the drawer, and simply stays put wherever it was placed in the editor.

Is there something quite obvious I'm missing? Something that needs changing in the collision presets of the actor/mesh in question? (It's currently set to block all).

Any help or guidance would be super appreciated.
              They both need to block each other and the contents need to be simulating or attached to the drawers (depending on what you are trying to do).

If you want the drawer to be blocked by them as well then you need to run the drawer as a physics one instead of a slider one. Its all the normal collision channel stuff, nothing special here...

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for the rapid reply. I have my object as a physics body (with all object responses besides PawnWalking set to block) and is simulating physics, and my drawer as blocking all physics bodies, though not simulating physics. I've tried a few things, including an ordinary, plain old mesh, but am now using the editor cube BP with a different static mesh selected in the details panel.

Also, I signed up your one of your mid-tier Patreon levels so I'm open to continuing on your Discord (this was my second or third question on this forum, and I have two or three more questions to ask as well, including one immediate one related to an issue regarding destructible meshes, so felt it right to help support).

Comment

Originally posted by detlefholz View Post
                  Thanks for the rapid reply. I have my object as a physics body (with all object responses besides PawnWalking set to block) and is simulating physics, and my drawer as blocking all physics bodies, though not simulating physics. I've tried a few things, including an ordinary, plain old mesh, but am now using the editor cube BP with a different static mesh selected in the details panel.

Also, I signed up your one of your mid-tier Patreon levels so I'm open to continuing on your Discord (this was my second or third question on this forum, and I have two or three more questions to ask as well, including one immediate one related to an issue regarding destructible meshes, so felt it right to help support).
                  Yeah it would be faster to reply in there, though I won't be on for the rest of the night (past midnight here). But you can ask your questions there and any that others can't answer before I get to them (generally a nice community in there) I will walk you through tomorrow.
                  Last edited by mordentral; 11-27-2018, 12:16 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral Thanks alot buddy for the answer. I did manage to just use the braking deceleration flying. Its all nice and smooth now.

One last thing I wanted to ask you, is there a way for the pawn to change movement mode based on his Z value? For instance, if he is above Z 50 then activate flying mode, if below then activate walking mode.

Comment

mordentral Thanks alot buddy for the answer. I did manage to just use the braking deceleration flying. Its all nice and smooth now.

One last thing I wanted to ask you, is there a way for the pawn to change movement mode based on his Z value? For instance, if he is above Z 50 then activate flying mode, if below then activate walking mode.
                      You would want to activate falling mode likely, not walking, but yes? Just check your height and change the movement mode.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You would want to activate falling mode likely, not walking, but yes? Just check your height and change the movement mode.
                        How would I go about doing that if you dont mind giving me some more info?

Comment

How would I go about doing that if you dont mind giving me some more info?
                          Pull from the CharacterMovementComponent and SetMovementMode

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello mordentral, i am the guy who try to do webbrowser and control with your keyboard. Actually i tried what you said at comment but it still dont work (maybe i did wrong) i couldnt interact with browser and still cant get keys from keyboard. If it possible and not much work for you can you post some screenshots about how to setup these components?

By the way in VR Template from unreal, i can interact with browser via widget interaction. Just set up pointer key for left mouse and it is done. In your template it is not working. I know motion controller grabs works for mouse left click because of keyboard interaction but not works with browser. I also tried to set input action grabs for pointerkey with widget interaction in bp-teleport controller still same result

I could set url for browser with my custom widget keyboard (just some keys for youtube.com url ) in VR template but i want to use your amazing content too (character and body setup, grab systems, inventory, physical interactions with tools etc all good for my project and i can customize them so i dont want to stop using your plugin just for that browser thing) Thank you and sorry about my noob questions

Comment

Originally posted by archi_zaf View Post
                              Hello mordentral, i am the guy who try to do webbrowser and control with your keyboard. Actually i tried what you said at comment but it still dont work (maybe i did wrong) i couldnt interact with browser and still cant get keys from keyboard. If it possible and not much work for you can you post some screenshots about how to setup these components?

By the way in VR Template from unreal, i can interact with browser via widget interaction. Just set up pointer key for left mouse and it is done. In your template it is not working. I know motion controller grabs works for mouse left click because of keyboard interaction but not works with browser. I also tried to set input action grabs for pointerkey with widget interaction in bp-teleport controller still same result

I could set url for browser with my custom widget keyboard (just some keys for youtube.com url ) in VR template but i want to use your amazing content too (character and body setup, grab systems, inventory, physical interactions with tools etc all good for my project and i can customize them so i dont want to stop using your plugin just for that browser thing) Thank you and sorry about my noob questions
                              Well you can always have it write out to the browser from the key events for the keyboards, and the keyboards don't really have anything to do with the rest of the content.

Regardless though when testing for you I did have to add an additional case for the widget interactor, the browser widget doesn't count as an interactible widget so you have to allow it to interact with focusable widgets as well.

See this function that just needs the additional boolean, its already been added in the 4.21 template:

As for keyboard input to the browser, it could still use some custom c++ to do cleanly, but you can use the WidgetInteractor PressKey input as well with one that is currently hovering over it and it will feed the characters to the browser.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

@mordentral
                                I have been trying to figure out how the pickup objects are set up, specifically how they don't pass through objects & walls.
                                I am sure they are using a physics handle but looking through the code I cant seem to find how you did it.

Artstation

Comment

Working...
                                X