Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ZeroVector View Post
    Ok been working at it again and starting to understand what you meant.. In the image below of the VivePawnCharacter > EventGraph, I have now used the existing Event tick to call the Grapple Function I have created. Then in the newly created Grapple Function within the VivePawnCharacter BP I have copied the code, events and variables.. Then added the Switch on movementMode for left and right and also in the Cycle Movement Modes set the Movement Mode Left/Right Enum to be set to Grapple as default.. So when the game starts the movement mode above the controller say Grapple but I can still not use the grapple.. Hope I am making some kinda progress LOL.. Am I on the right track? Any help would be thankful..
    It would likely be easier for you to package everything into an actor component and keep it out of the main character.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Oh, Now I am lost.. LOL... Originally you said "No its pretty easy, you can throw pretty much the entire set of BPs in the grapple gun into the character inside of a function that you call on tick (when the movement mode is active) and it would just work." So I have done that.. Its within a function in the character blueprint.. But if the actor component is best I am willing to try.. But I am very new to this VR stuff and have done a bit of UE4 stuff so have a basic understand.. I'll work out how to package everything into an actor component.. Step by step I think I'll have to do this .. Really would love to get this working...

      Comment


        There maybe some confusion, my original post was as follows.. "I have been playing around with the GrappleGun and its great! I have been trying to set it up in the MovementMode to switch to it using the grip on the motion controller rather than by picking it up and dropping it.. But I am haven no luck.. Is this a lot of work to achieve? Any help would be appreciated".. So would the actor component be the same as the GrappleGun an object you can pickup? I have been trying to get it so you do not pick it up as an item, but selected it through the Movement Mode Grip on the controller.. Sorry about this, I do appreciate you must be busy..

        Comment


          Originally posted by ZeroVector View Post
          There maybe some confusion, my original post was as follows.. "I have been playing around with the GrappleGun and its great! I have been trying to set it up in the MovementMode to switch to it using the grip on the motion controller rather than by picking it up and dropping it.. But I am haven no luck.. Is this a lot of work to achieve? Any help would be appreciated".. So would the actor component be the same as the GrappleGun an object you can pickup? I have been trying to get it so you do not pick it up as an item, but selected it through the Movement Mode Grip on the controller.. Sorry about this, I do appreciate you must be busy..
          Yeah I was just mentioning that moving it to an actor component gets all of those nodes out of there, it also would be mostly intact to how it was while in the grapple gun, either way works.


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            im so lost with this. i was able to install it but are there no example projects that show you how everything is setup? reaching in the dark right now it seems.

            Comment


              Originally posted by thedog88 View Post
              im so lost with this. i was able to install it but are there no example projects that show you how everything is setup? reaching in the dark right now it seems.
              That would be what the template project is for....

              I'll warn you though that its intended to be an advanced plugin, if you are newer you may want to stay away from it for now.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                Hello! just a question here im new to vr expansion
                im trying to access a sphere collision that i put on Vive_PawnCharacter
                https://imgur.com/a/T8fXiMW
                from a Button Actor that i Made
                https://imgur.com/a/7td9C5x
                but my cast always fails am i doing the casting wrong?
                i want to react to the sphere collision component, overlapping my buttons box collision
                Im doing it wrong?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                  Yeah I was just mentioning that moving it to an actor component gets all of those nodes out of there, it also would be mostly intact to how it was while in the grapple gun, either way works.
                  Thanks Mordentral, Best way to learn is to dabble.. LOL... I'll keep playing around with it until I get it right... I am a newby at this and I'll just leave it to time and practice till I understand this more.. I'll let you know when I have worked it out.. I like a good challenge and it be a good bit of learning to move forward with this VR stuff.. Thanks for given your time

                  Comment


                    Hi,I'm new for leaning it, I just want to realize the function of grabbing objects. I read your example template. Sorry, I'm just a novice. In my opinion, there are many irrelevant contents that make it difficult for me to understand this part of the code. I also read the function introduction in your plug-in, but it doesn't give an example, which makes it difficult for me to understand. I want to ask you what advice you have for achieving just grabbing objects. Thank you.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by morningninrom View Post
                      Hi,I'm new for leaning it, I just want to realize the function of grabbing objects. I read your example template. Sorry, I'm just a novice. In my opinion, there are many irrelevant contents that make it difficult for me to understand this part of the code. I also read the function introduction in your plug-in, but it doesn't give an example, which makes it difficult for me to understand. I want to ask you what advice you have for achieving just grabbing objects. Thank you.
                      The Template implements multiplayer and a bunch of framework for testing, so yes, it is more bloated than simple gripping.

                      https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...em%20Tutorials

                      Has the start of a basics overview


                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Arukaito View Post
                        Hello! just a question here im new to vr expansion
                        im trying to access a sphere collision that i put on Vive_PawnCharacter
                        https://imgur.com/a/T8fXiMW
                        from a Button Actor that i Made
                        https://imgur.com/a/7td9C5x
                        but my cast always fails am i doing the casting wrong?
                        i want to react to the sphere collision component, overlapping my buttons box collision
                        Im doing it wrong?
                        No, that should technically work, unsure about how your class is setup though since you made a custom button actor and the "box" component could be anything.

                        Did you try using the plugins built in button class component? It should handle pretty much everything for you already, since you are new I am unsure if you knew that the class exists?


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          I looking at dagger stabbing. With grippable skeletal mesh no issue grasping dagger with 'interacts with physics'. When dagger stabs target want it to penetrate target up to the hilt max and then allowed to be drawn out (with some level of fiction). I tried using a physics actor to join the hit target to tip of the dagger and this allows me to restrict the flow of the dagger along the blade but really not a complete solution. I see we could implement a custom grip. Would this is the best approach or am I missing something?

                          Comment


                            Dagger stabbing: Maybe I need to implement a grip script? extending class UGS_Default

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sooth View Post
                              Dagger stabbing: Maybe I need to implement a grip script? extending class UGS_Default
                              You can do it with a custom grip OR a grip script. If it is a one off effect only for a one base class type of weapon it would probably be faster to make it a custom grip.

                              If you wanted it to be re-useable logic across multiple base classes then a grip script would be better.


                              You can also live change the type of grip, IE: when it starts penetrating turn it into a custom grip and run the pull out logic, when it is fully free again then go back to another grip type, ect.


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                I could not see where you could change the grip type on the fly. I'm using UE 4.18.3 at the moment.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X