VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

There is a large red comment box in the main character with the steamVR specific nodes inside of it, disconnecting the timer that checks and loads the models will stop hiding the hands.

As for a full body IK, you will have to use a third party plugin to handle the IK itself, built in engine nodes are not good enough fidelity for the job. Then you just attach that mesh to the ParentRelativeComponent (and likely set the PRC to foot mode so it is at the floor).
    Thank you, I got the hands working now... That's great.. I'll leave the full body for now..

Comment

I have been playing around with the GrappleGun and its great! I have been trying to set it up in the MovementMode to switch to it using the grip on the motion controller rather than by picking it up and dropping it.. But I am haven no luck.. Is this a lot of work to achieve? Any help would be appreciated

Comment

I'm not sure whether its the Engine acting different, or whether its something that changed in the plugin, but with UE 4.21, my VR character (child of the plugin's VRCharacter) always seems to fall underground. The ground is pretty much on-level with my eyes. Same project works no problems on 4.20.3. Any suggestions where to start debugging?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroVector View Post
          I have been playing around with the GrappleGun and its great! I have been trying to set it up in the MovementMode to switch to it using the grip on the motion controller rather than by picking it up and dropping it.. But I am haven no luck.. Is this a lot of work to achieve? Any help would be appreciated
          No its pretty easy, you can throw pretty much the entire set of BPs in the grapple gun into the character inside of a function that you call on tick (when the movement mode is active) and it would just work.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by aRkker View Post
            I'm not sure whether its the Engine acting different, or whether its something that changed in the plugin, but with UE 4.21, my VR character (child of the plugin's VRCharacter) always seems to fall underground. The ground is pretty much on-level with my eyes. Same project works no problems on 4.20.3. Any suggestions where to start debugging?
            Sounds like you are calling the rezero command they have for eye based VR?

What HMD are you using.

Very little changed in 4.21 both in engine and in the plugin itself where the character is concerned.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Sounds like you are calling the rezero command they have for eye based VR?

What HMD are you using.

Very little changed in 4.21 both in engine and in the plugin itself where the character is concerned.
              I am yes, but not for eye-level, floor level.

I also noticed that if I do this:

1 - change the call to eye-level
              2 - run it in the VR preview
              3 - exit out
              4 - change it to the floor level

It works. For one run. As soon as I run the preview again after that little trickery, its acting again as if it was called with the floor level setting.

I'm on Oculus Rift
              Last edited by aRkker; 11-07-2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I am yes, but not for eye-level, floor level.

I also noticed that if I do this:

1 - change the call to eye-level
                2 - run it in the VR preview
                3 - exit out
                4 - change it to the floor level

It works. For one run. As soon as I run the preview again after that little trickery, its acting again as if it was called with the floor level setting.

I'm on Oculus Rift
                Try it in the default template and let me know if it has the same behavior, I was on rift in 4.21 with no issues but haven't tried release with it yet.

The fact that switching modes and then back fixes likely means that its outside of the plugin itself or a setting is being serialized.

*Edit* Booted up a rift to test with in 4.21 and couldn't reproduce in my template or the std one. Really sounds like you are getting your location reset with ResetOrientationAndPosition
                Last edited by mordentral; 11-08-2018, 12:25 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Try it in the default template and let me know if it has the same behavior, I was on rift in 4.21 with no issues but haven't tried release with it yet.

The fact that switching modes and then back fixes likely means that its outside of the plugin itself or a setting is being serialized.

*Edit* Booted up a rift to test with in 4.21 and couldn't reproduce in my template or the std one. Really sounds like you are getting your location reset with ResetOrientationAndPosition
                  Yes indeed, it seems to be that on 4.20.3 if you call Set Tracking Origin followed by Reset Orientation and Position, as I am doing, it works as I'd expect: resets your orientation and position while keeping the tracking origin at Floor Level, but with 4.21 that doesn't seem to be the case. Probably not plugin related, my apologies

Comment

Yes indeed, it seems to be that on 4.20.3 if you call Set Tracking Origin followed by Reset Orientation and Position, as I am doing, it works as I'd expect: resets your orientation and position while keeping the tracking origin at Floor Level, but with 4.21 that doesn't seem to be the case. Probably not plugin related, my apologies
                    I would argue that the 4.21 behavior that you are experiencing is the intended result there. ResetOrientationAndPosition shouldn't really be used in floor level if you intend to keep roomscale, it is a permanent offset.

On that matter....I intended to pull request a "ClearOrientationAndPosition" or something of the sort so that it could be used a little more flexibly. I'll try and get around to that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi there!
                      I'm working on updating a project to 4.21 and running into the following:

Code:
                      1>  [3/10] UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin-5385.lib
                      1>     Creating library E:\Perforce\MyGame\UE4\MyGame\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\VRExpansionPlugin\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin-5385.lib and object E:\Perforce\MyGame\UE4\MyGame\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\VRExpansionPlugin\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin-5385.exp
                      1>  [6/10] UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin-5385.dll
                      1>     Creating library E:\Perforce\MyGame\UE4\MyGame\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\VRExpansionPlugin\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin-5385.suppressed.lib and object E:\Perforce\MyGame\UE4\MyGame\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\VRExpansionPlugin\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin-5385.suppressed.exp
                      1>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.1_of_3.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static struct FGameplayDebuggerShape __cdecl FGameplayDebuggerShape::MakeSegment(struct FVector const &,struct FVector const &,struct FColor const &,class FString const &)" (__imp_?MakeSegment@FGameplayDebuggerShape@@SA?AU1@AEBUFVector@@0AEBUFColor@@AEBVFString@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR::DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger(class UAIPerceptionComponent const *,class FGameplayDebuggerCategory *)const " (?DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger@UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR@@UEBAXPEBVUAIPerceptionComponent@@PEAVFGameplayDebuggerCategory@@@Z)
                      1>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.1_of_3.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static struct FGameplayDebuggerShape __cdecl FGameplayDebuggerShape::MakeCylinder(struct FVector const &,float,float,struct FColor const &,class FString const &)" (__imp_?MakeCylinder@FGameplayDebuggerShape@@SA?AU1@AEBUFVector@@MMAEBUFColor@@AEBVFString@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR::DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger(class UAIPerceptionComponent const *,class FGameplayDebuggerCategory *)const " (?DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger@UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR@@UEBAXPEBVUAIPerceptionComponent@@PEAVFGameplayDebuggerCategory@@@Z)
                      1>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.1_of_3.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl FGameplayDebuggerShape::~FGameplayDebuggerShape(void)" (__imp_??1FGameplayDebuggerShape@@QEAA@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR::DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger(class UAIPerceptionComponent const *,class FGameplayDebuggerCategory *)const " (?DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger@UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR@@UEBAXPEBVUAIPerceptionComponent@@PEAVFGameplayDebuggerCategory@@@Z)
                      1>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.1_of_3.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __cdecl FGameplayDebuggerCategory::AddTextLine(class FString const &)" (__imp_?AddTextLine@FGameplayDebuggerCategory@@QEAAXAEBVFString@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR::DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger(class UAIPerceptionComponent const *,class FGameplayDebuggerCategory *)const " (?DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger@UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR@@UEBAXPEBVUAIPerceptionComponent@@PEAVFGameplayDebuggerCategory@@@Z)
                      1>Module.VRExpansionPlugin.1_of_3.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __cdecl FGameplayDebuggerCategory::AddShape(struct FGameplayDebuggerShape const &)" (__imp_?AddShape@FGameplayDebuggerCategory@@QEAAXAEBUFGameplayDebuggerShape@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual void __cdecl UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR::DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger(class UAIPerceptionComponent const *,class FGameplayDebuggerCategory *)const " (?DescribeSelfToGameplayDebugger@UAISenseConfig_Sight_VR@@UEBAXPEBVUAIPerceptionComponent@@PEAVFGameplayDebuggerCategory@@@Z)
                      1>E:\Perforce\MyGame\UE4\MyGame\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin-5385.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
                      1>
                      Any thoughts on what I'm running into here?

Thanks!
                      (And thanks for making such a wonderful plugin!)

Comment

Originally posted by KevODoom View Post
                        Hi there!
                        I'm working on updating a project to 4.21 and running into the following:

Any thoughts on what I'm running into here?

Thanks!
                        (And thanks for making such a wonderful plugin!)
                        I went trough a similar problem and the solution was to remove from your project folder :
                        .vs , Binaries, Build, DerivedDataCache,Intermediate and the .sln file.
                        and after right click on your .uproject and generate VS project files
                        and BUILD.

Comment

Is there a blueprint version I can download?
                          Artstation

Comment

Originally posted by J_Tox View Post

I went trough a similar problem and the solution was to remove from your project folder :
                            .vs , Binaries, Build, DerivedDataCache,Intermediate and the .sln file.
                            and after right click on your .uproject and generate VS project files
                            and BUILD.
                            Thanks so much J_Tox!

I had blown out my Intermediates, but hadn't thought to clear the .vs, Binaries, Build, and the DDC - that fixed it.

Comment

No its pretty easy, you can throw pretty much the entire set of BPs in the grapple gun into the character inside of a function that you call on tick (when the movement mode is active) and it would just work.
                              I have tried adding the grapple gun BP to the Vive Pawn Character > Event Graph and added the variables needed.. Also I added Grapple text for the MovementModes menu and updated a link to the node for the Cycle Movement Modes function.. Also on the Cycle Movement Modes function I did try on the grapple node to link to the SET node for the others movement modes and also as its set there now on the SET node which Climbing Mode is linked too.. But when I try to cycle through the movement modes using the grip on the vive motion controller it does not show the Grapple text for the Grapple mode. So cant use the Grapple gun function I have add to the character BP. I have attached 3 screenshots to help you understand what I have done.. Took a while doing screenshots into photoshop and piecing together for the Vive Pawn Character > Event Graph LOL... I had to split the Vive Pawn Character > Event Graph into 2 parts cause the file size was two big.. Wish they would have a save out to image command in UE4 hehehehe... If you could help me with this that would be great.. I still learning this stuff and have just started vr dev UE4..
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ZeroVector; 11-10-2018, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Ok been working at it again and starting to understand what you meant.. In the image below of the VivePawnCharacter > EventGraph, I have now used the existing Event tick to call the Grapple Function I have created. Then in the newly created Grapple Function within the VivePawnCharacter BP I have copied the code, events and variables.. Then added the Switch on movementMode for left and right and also in the Cycle Movement Modes set the Movement Mode Left/Right Enum to be set to Grapple as default.. So when the game starts the movement mode above the controller say Grapple but I can still not use the grapple.. Hope I am making some kinda progress LOL.. Am I on the right track? Any help would be thankful..
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X