VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malcriado View Post
    Thanks for the answer Mordentral! works like a charm! now i´m dealing trying to attach to different blueprints, and trying to figure out how to use the DropAndSocketObject.
    If you have any directions for that would be awesome! thanks again!
    Francisco
    Below is a gif, of what im trying to redo using your tools:

Click image for larger version Name:	DESCARGA_VR-Game-Preview-Standalone-64bit_PCD3D_SM5-9_17_2018-6_04_25-PM_1_1_1.gif Views:	1 Size:	372.3 KB ID:	1528961
    sorry before, this is my first time use UE4

and i want to ask, how to attach mesh like your gif image ?

this :
    Click image for larger version Name:	DESCARGA_VR-Game-Preview-Standalone-64bit_PCD3D_SM5-9_17_2018-6_04_25-PM_1_1_1.gif Views:	1 Size:	372.3 KB ID:	1528961

Comment

Hi Mordentral,

I'm having trouble getting spatialization to work with voipTalker. My VOIP setup is working, and we can hear each other. The spatialization settings for voipAtten are working.. It works to attach the voipAtten spatialization settings to my 'jukebox' object and move it around a room, and i can hear the distance attenuation, binaural spatialization and occlusion are working nicely on the object. However voipTalker which is also using "voipAtten" spatialization settings, isn't spatializing at all.

I read somewhere that voipTalker spatialization only works when using subsystem NULL. I hoping that's not the case, and wondering if you know that for sure.. I'm still using your advancedSteamSessions setup for my steam subsystem setup, and need to use steam subsytem. I'm still on one of your last versions of 4.19 for the plugin and template if it makes a difference..

To register the voipTalker to the player state, I get the player state from the possessing controller in the onPossess event of the character and register it with the voipTalker register node. I also attach the voipTalker to my characters VRCamera/voipSOURCE component the "Set Settings" struct on the VoipTalker so it follows the characters head around.

Is there more I need to do? Tried a lot of things at this point and can't get it to work..

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBots View Post
        Hi Mordentral,

I'm having trouble getting spatialization to work with voipTalker. My VOIP setup is working, and we can hear each other. The spatialization settings for voipAtten are working.. It works to attach the voipAtten spatialization settings to my 'jukebox' object and move it around a room, and i can hear the distance attenuation, binaural spatialization and occlusion are working nicely on the object. However voipTalker which is also using "voipAtten" spatialization settings, isn't spatializing at all.

I read somewhere that voipTalker spatialization only works when using subsystem NULL. I hoping that's not the case, and wondering if you know that for sure.. I'm still using your advancedSteamSessions setup for my steam subsystem setup, and need to use steam subsytem. I'm still on one of your last versions of 4.19 for the plugin and template if it makes a difference..

To register the voipTalker to the player state, I get the player state from the possessing controller in the onPossess event of the character and register it with the voipTalker register node. I also attach the voipTalker to my characters VRCamera/voipSOURCE component the "Set Settings" struct on the VoipTalker so it follows the characters head around.

Is there more I need to do? Tried a lot of things at this point and can't get it to work..
        Its NULL Subsystem only prior to 4.21, 4.21 is shipping with a voice system change that makes it usable for any of them, which a fellow user of this plugin was kind enough to create and pull request with Epic. Was an obvious change actually that we were all suprised that they hadn't done when adding the VOIPTalker in the first place, be sure to send your regards to Erebus for fixing it instead of waiting.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Its NULL Subsystem only prior to 4.21, 4.21 is shipping with a voice system change that makes it usable for any of them, which a fellow user of this plugin was kind enough to create and pull request with Epic. Was an obvious change actually that we were all suprised that they hadn't done when adding the VOIPTalker in the first place, be sure to send your regards to Erebus for fixing it instead of waiting.
          Ah, ok. Well very happy to hear it'll be working soon, and that it wasn't just me.. was driving me crazy there for a bit trying to get it to work... Will definitely send my regards to Erebus! And thanks again for having so many answers!

Comment

Just added a new use game:

End Of Days - EarlyAccess

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

4.21 was a light update aside from the physics API changes, have beta branches up for both repo's currently.

Don't consider it stable until I get a chance to look at all of the engine base classes tomorrow though (although multiplayer was fully functional and seemed fine on testing).

*Edit* Also can never mention enough that preview builds of the engine are usually very unstable, don't upgrade your main copy without backups and even better just wait for full release.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral ***Edit: nevermind, checking drop type and leaving sub types unchecked did it. Thought I had tried that first ... guess not.

I'm using the gameplay tags to pickup a grippable actor, how can I set it up to not have a drop type and keep actor attached to controller until I overlap a trigger, where I have a function waiting for a trigger press? My functions ready, just need the option to NOT drop the grippable.
                Last edited by slow_izzm; 10-11-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_izzm View Post
                  mordentral

I'm using the gameplay tags to pickup a grippable actor, how can I set it up to not have a drop type and keep actor attached to controller until I overlap a trigger, where I have a function waiting for a trigger press? My functions ready, just need the option to NOT drop the grippable.
                  Select DropType "DropType"

that gives it a base tag of type "DropType" but with no valid button to trigger it, so it has no valid button to drop with.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi,
                    I'm trying to override OnGrip & OnGripRelease functions in my c++ class that inherited from the GrippableActor class, but I can't compile my project, can you please tell me how I can override them in my class?

I've tried some ways but not working...
                    ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
                    GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
                      Hi,
                      I'm trying to override OnGrip & OnGripRelease functions in my c++ class that inherited from the GrippableActor class, but I can't compile my project, can you please tell me how I can override them in my class?

I've tried some ways but not working...
                      Its a BlueprintNativeEvent, the unreal pre-compiler auto generates virtual _Implementation versions of those functions.

You can override it in a base class by:

Code:
                          virtual void OnGripRelease_Implementation(UGripMotionControllerComponent * ReleasingController, const FBPActorGripInformation & GripInformation, bool bWasSocketed = false) override
                          {
                              //DO SOMETHING
                          }

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is this intended to work with UE4 4.20?

I ask because I'm trying to build it against 4.20 on Linux, and I get warnings from the build file... and when I fix those, I get errors about redeclared `UFUNCTION`s... and when I fix those, it tries to access a bunch of private members of some class whose name I forget now.

EDIT: Sorry. I think I was using the wrong version.

Now I just get this error:

Error: Unrecognized type 'UVRGripScriptBase' - type must be a UCLASS, USTRUCT or UENUM
                        Last edited by aubreyrjones; 10-13-2018, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aubreyrjones View Post
                          Is this intended to work with UE4 4.20?

I ask because I'm trying to build it against 4.20 on Linux, and I get warnings from the build file... and when I fix those, I get errors about redeclared `UFUNCTION`s... and when I fix those, it tries to access a bunch of private members of some class whose name I forget now.

EDIT: Sorry. I think I was using the wrong version.

Now I just get this error:

Error: Unrecognized type 'UVRGripScriptBase' - type must be a UCLASS, USTRUCT or UENUM
                          I added that missing include 4 days ago if it is calling from VRGripInterface.h.

The pre-compiled binaries are older than that though, download the latest from the repo for now.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, Plugin Example Template Repository is for Unreal 4.21? Can't open with Unreal 4.20.3. Is possible to download anywhere the template for 4.20?

Comment

Originally posted by mandango View Post
                              Hi, Plugin Example Template Repository is for Unreal 4.21? Can't open with Unreal 4.20.3. Is possible to download anywhere the template for 4.20?
                              The default branch is for 4.20.3, the 4.21 branch is a beta branch for porting.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Where is the method to drop an socketed actor?

Enable Gravity doesn't work. And DropObject only Works if got a valid Grip. I can't find the method to Detach an actor from a socket and enable gravity… The PhysicHandle stick the object in the air and i can't Access it from the Blueprint.
                                Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
                                I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X