VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mordental,
    I'm Trying to use the Laser beam to push VRbutton or VRslider as I'm building some tools and menu near my left Hand motion controller .
    can you give me some light if it is possible with your default VRbutton/sliders?
    Thanks
    Last edited by J_Tox; 10-02-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Tox View Post
      Hi mordental,
      I'm Trying to use the Laser beam to push VRbutton or VRslider as I'm building some tools and menu near my left Hand motion controller .
      can you give me some light if it is possible with your default VRbutton/sliders?
      Thanks
      The default buttons / sliders are intended for hand interaction, while you can grab them remotely the offset won't match up correctly since it is following the hands translation which is offset.

Using the pre 4.20 interactible settings would behave more like what you want since the rotation of the hand would be taken into account, in 4.20 and after it is an interactible settings grip script instead.

You could also make your own slider with custom grips or make your own non grippable slider period.

As far as the button, it works off of overlap, it needs collision of some sort.

I'll note that generally when working with laser beam interactions you would be better off using the UMG sliders.....that is kind of the point of having a UMG interactor on the laser.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The default buttons / sliders are intended for hand interaction, while you can grab them remotely the offset won't match up correctly since it is following the hands translation which is offset.

Using the pre 4.20 interactible settings would behave more like what you want since the rotation of the hand would be taken into account, in 4.20 and after it is an interactible settings grip script instead.

You could also make your own slider with custom grips or make your own non grippable slider period.

As far as the button, it works off of overlap, it needs collision of some sort.

I'll note that generally when working with laser beam interactions you would be better off using the UMG sliders.....that is kind of the point of having a UMG interactor on the laser.
        Thanks mordental it will be more complex to use the LaserBeam, so I will try to create a collider at the finger tip which will behave like the grip collider coming with the hand as those one's are dealing with the VRbutton/sliders.

Comment

Thanks mordental it will be more complex to use the LaserBeam, so I will try to create a collider at the finger tip which will behave like the grip collider coming with the hand as those one's are dealing with the VRbutton/sliders.
          Finger tip? You said that you were trying to move things with the laser beam?

It would be far easier with a UMG slider than the physical sliders if you aren't actually grabbing.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Finger tip? You said that you were trying to move things with the laser beam?

It would be far easier with a UMG slider than the physical sliders if you aren't actually grabbing.
            I was ok with UMG widget but it is more beautiful
            with a mesh and our VR slider.I just have to take into account a collider on the finger tip
            I made this with your VRbutton

https://t.co/xEUXtSPrnn?amp=1

Comment

I was ok with UMG widget but it is more beautiful
              with a mesh and our VR slider.I just have to take into account a collider on the finger tip
              I made this with your VRbutton

https://t.co/xEUXtSPrnn?amp=1
              Oh yeah, that will all work normally, thought you were trying to do it from a distance.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello And Thanks for your Plugin I've learned a lot from your plugin.

What do you think if we move NavigationMoveCompleted & ReceiveNavigationMoveCompleted to VRCharacter class as you only call NavigationMoveCompleted from VRCharacterMovementComponent,
                ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
                GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Originally posted by Vahid View Post
                  Hello And Thanks for your Plugin I've learned a lot from your plugin.

What do you think if we move NavigationMoveCompleted & ReceiveNavigationMoveCompleted to VRCharacter class as you only call NavigationMoveCompleted from VRCharacterMovementComponent,
                  Did you mean move it to the movement component? Because it is already in the Character class.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Did you mean move it to the movement component? Because it is already in the Character class.
                    No I mean move it from VRBaseCharacter to VRCharacter as you only call it for VRCharacter and not for VRSimpleCharacter, so you can define it only in VRCharacter.h

I think the better solution is to call and bind this function from VRBaseCharacterMovementComponent as you only now call it from VRCharacterMovementComponent, so users have access to ReceiveNavigationMoveCompleted from both VRSimpleCharacter and VRCharacter, this is a very useful event in BP and also C++.
                    Last edited by Vahid; 10-04-2018, 01:14 AM.
                    GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

No I mean move it from VRBaseCharacter to VRCharacter as you only call it for VRCharacter and not for VRSimpleCharacter, so you can define it only in VRCharacter.h

I think the better solution is to call and bind this function from VRBaseCharacterMovementComponent as you only now call it from VRCharacterMovementComponent, so users have access to ReceiveNavigationMoveCompleted from both VRSimpleCharacter and VRCharacter, this is a very useful event in BP and also C++.
                      Ah, it is in the base character because I intended to add it to the Simple character as well, I just hadn't done it yet and forgot about it.

I'll fix that, its a quick change.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah, it is in the base character because I intended to add it to the Simple character as well, I just hadn't done it yet and forgot about it.

I'll fix that, its a quick change.
                        Thank you,

I have got a very weird problem, I don't know it's from my codes or something else happened, the situation is:
                        I've created a new c++ class inherited from VRCharacter and when i try ExtendedSimpleMoveToLocation in C++ or blueprint child of my class, that function not working I've added some logs in that function in your codes but everything seems normal... do you have any idea what i missing?
                        The other TeleportTo function works well.
                        Last edited by Vahid; 10-04-2018, 10:01 AM.
                        GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Thank you,

I have got a very weird problem, I don't know it's from my codes or something else happened, the situation is:
                          I've created a new c++ class inherited from VRCharacter and when i try ExtendedSimpleMoveToLocation in C++ or blueprint child of my class, that function not working I've added some logs in that function in your codes but everything seems normal... do you have any idea what i missing?
                          The other TeleportTo function works well.
                          Need to use the VRPlayerController so that it spawns the path finding component.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Need to use the VRPlayerController so that it spawns the pathfinding component.
                            Yes, I'm currently use the VRPlayerController as base class for my own custom PlayerController class, as I read your 4.19 version and compare it to 4.20 version there's a small change in 4.20 and you're spawning PathFollowingComponent inside the VRCharacter, I've added a log message in that part of your code in ExtendedSimpleMoveToLocation where you spawn the path following component and everything was well.
                            Also, I've added other log message in that function everything works from top to RequestMove function!
                            GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Yes, I'm currently use the VRPlayerController as base class for my own custom PlayerController class, as I read your 4.19 version and compare it to 4.20 version there's a small change in 4.20 and you're spawning PathFollowingComponent inside the VRCharacter, I've added a log message in that part of your code in ExtendedSimpleMoveToLocation where you spawn the path following component and everything was well.
                              Also, I've added other log message in that function everything works from top to RequestMove function!
                              Then I don't know, subclassing it won't make a difference in how the base code works with it.

Also I moved the events over this morning, its live already.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Then I don't know, subclassing it won't make a difference in how the base code works with it.

Also I moved the events over this morning, its live already.
                                Thanks for keeping the project update.
                                Regarding my weird problem to use ExtendedSimpleMoveToLocation , I've recreated my classes again and it seems they're working now!! I'll add codes step by step and I'll test to find where was the problem.

GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Working...
                                X