Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Uploaded pre-packaged binaries for 4.20.3


    Also added a UAISense_Sight_VR that is a drop in replacement for the AI Perception UAISense_Sight, it correctly offsets to the HMD location.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Played around with knuckles again today.



      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

        SimpleVRCharacters don't fully support the mode, I would have to switch over to de-coupling them during it. They work differently, they literally move with the HMD.

        I may consider doing that at some point, but Simple characters are always going to be a little behind on the feature list. I'll add a note to go in and look at it, but no real promises, simple characters have always been a fallback.
        Reparenting blueprint to VRCharacter fixed it. Thanks for the help.

        Comment


          so after trying out a couple of VR templates we have decided to make my game on here, even though there are good guns in the others, its very limited, for example, grips scrips are needed for my horror game for the pawn to hide in closets, and its already multiplayer ready today.

          I just have some questions, when we first spawn I can see only the vive controllers and not the hands and the grips on the vive change movement and climbing, and others. How do we go about changing this so its just hands? and how can we still use climbing and such without interring with the vive limited buttons?

          I have working AI, working gun, health system, map, I think now I just need to figure out how to make the controllers game ready. thanks
          Last edited by PRESSURE2000; 09-25-2018, 02:55 AM.

          Comment


            First just wanna say thanks for the great plugin and the many years of work you've put into it already, thanks
            mordentral.

            I got a strange problem but to read a 184 pages of post to see if anyone else has had this problem is gonna take to long so I'm gonna post and hope you answer.

            My problem is that sometimes when I point the motion controller towards myself the Character moves backward, I'm not sure if it's meant to do this.
            How do I stop this from happening? Thanks again for all your awesome work.

            Edit: It's collisions with things in the hand, my bad. ;(
            Last edited by GarthHere; 09-25-2018, 08:13 AM. Reason: Found problem:

            Comment


              Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
              so after trying out a couple of VR templates we have decided to make my game on here, even though there are good guns in the others, its very limited, for example, grips scrips are needed for my horror game for the pawn to hide in closets, and its already multiplayer ready today.

              I just have some questions, when we first spawn I can see only the vive controllers and not the hands and the grips on the vive change movement and climbing, and others. How do we go about changing this so its just hands? and how can we still use climbing and such without interring with the vive limited buttons?

              I have working AI, working gun, health system, map, I think now I just need to figure out how to make the controllers game ready. thanks

              The template is mainly a bunch of examples, for use in a real game you WILL need to make changes to the blueprints. Generally I would prefer that you start from the beginning and reference it but that doesn't seem to be happening much.

              The big red box in the main event graph pulls the controllers from the OpenVR api in the GetControllerModels function, remove it and it won't override the hand models anymore.

              As for the movement setup, remove where it swaps movement modes in the graph and just set the Left/Right hand movement mode enums yourself.

              As for climbing, there is a function CanObjectBeClimbed, overriding that and filtering out the passed in objects by however you choose to do so will limit climbing to specific objects that you want.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                fatal error C1083: Could not open file include: '../Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/VRBPDatatypes.h': No such file or directory

                I has this error when i trying to nativize a BP (is a Weapon Class, i has a lot of Math inside). How i can include VRExpansionPlugin in the nativization?


                ------- EDIT --------

                All work fine Nativized with prebuilt version.
                Last edited by Aidan Puche; 09-28-2018, 06:18 PM.
                Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
                I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

                Comment


                  So, let me start off by saying that this plugin is actually amazing and makes a lot of stuff much easier. But i have a few (possibly really stupid) questions. So i've been playing around with grips, I have a sword, which I grip via *Grip actor* node. Now, everything works fine, except, when I hit an object, the sword clips through it at first, and only then teleports to the proper colliding position. I wonder, if there is anything I can do, to minimize this effect. Next, I had an idea to lock certain rotation and location axis on the sword after it hits the object, so that it would only move in the direction of the slice, so to say. And to be honest, I didn't find a proper way to do it. I've seen you mentioning advanced physics settings,where it is (I think) possible to change constraint settings, however, to my shame, I.. don't really know how to *turn them on*. So yeah, any advice would me appreciated.

                  Comment


                    Hi mordentral,

                    I'm getting a very strange issue.
                    When a NON VR character spawns near a wall the character is scaled down in height and scaled up in width.

                    Here is are some screenshots:

                    1st person view
                    https://ibb.co/nr3hRz

                    3th person view
                    https://ibb.co/n3LAeK


                    Note: I'm using 1 character pawn that has a bool VR flag, instead of 2 separate pawns with inheritance (since that kept crashing my project).
                    This character simply contains logic of both your pawns combined into one. (it simply sets whatever settings you used for the separate pawn during construction)

                    I think the VRMovementComponent might be the cause, but can't pinpoint the problem.

                    I already disabled Crouching, since that seemed to do some height changes, unfortunately it did not work.


                    -------------------
                    Update:
                    Using one pawn, this means all my characters have a VRMovementComponent object (even the non - vr ones)

                    I think there is some internal height calculation when the character is near a wall that is only supposed to fire for a VR pawn.
                    Might be related to the fact that the ReplicatedCamera has a relative Z height of 185 non-vr (compared to 0 for VR)
                    Last edited by TQwan; 10-01-2018, 08:59 AM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TQwan View Post
                      Hi mordentral,
                      -------------------
                      Update:
                      Using one pawn, this means all my characters have a VRMovementComponent object (even the non - vr ones)

                      I think there is some internal height calculation when the character is near a wall that is only supposed to fire for a VR pawn.
                      Might be related to the fact that the ReplicatedCamera has a relative Z height of 185 non-vr (compared to 0 for VR)
                      There is no scaling being done on the characters at all, characters don't scale based on location.....

                      Capsule height changes aren't done by scaling the capsule, it is done by re-creating the capsules collision to be the smaller size and regenerating it, the pawn scale should still be 1,1,1.

                      Are you sure that you don't have a spawn point that is scaled and set for 2D only and are following the spawns scale for some reason?


                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                        There is no scaling being done on the characters at all, characters don't scale based on location.....

                        Capsule height changes aren't done by scaling the capsule, it is done by re-creating the capsules collision to be the smaller size and regenerating it, the pawn scale should still be 1,1,1.

                        Are you sure that you don't have a spawn point that is scaled and set for 2D only and are following the spawns scale for some reason?
                        OMG Thank you!
                        It seems the map I imported had spawnpoints set to scale X and Y...
                        Sorry for bothering you, I thought the VRMovementComponent was scaling the issue since BlockingHit was true for all affected spawn points that had a wall. Turns out the spawn points sizes were changed somehow.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Maxilos View Post
                          So, let me start off by saying that this plugin is actually amazing and makes a lot of stuff much easier. But i have a few (possibly really stupid) questions. So i've been playing around with grips, I have a sword, which I grip via *Grip actor* node. Now, everything works fine, except, when I hit an object, the sword clips through it at first, and only then teleports to the proper colliding position. I wonder, if there is anything I can do, to minimize this effect. Next, I had an idea to lock certain rotation and location axis on the sword after it hits the object, so that it would only move in the direction of the slice, so to say. And to be honest, I didn't find a proper way to do it. I've seen you mentioning advanced physics settings,where it is (I think) possible to change constraint settings, however, to my shame, I.. don't really know how to *turn them on*. So yeah, any advice would me appreciated.

                          #1: You would have to turn off late updates, you are getting that because there is a 1-2 frame delay from the game running its collisions and when the frame is actually presented on to the screen, late updates are ran to correct for the delay so that things sit closer visually to where your hand is at the later time, this however means that physics collisions will come in after that delay, it can be very noticeable on fast movements as 11 MS can actually mean a pretty large amount of distance covered for a long blade moving and rotating quickly.

                          The downside to turning this off is that sword movements won't feel as good as the visuals will lag behind the actual hand motions.


                          #2: This part is harder

                          You have a few options here, but none are automated, if it was a static object this would be a lot easier, however trying to slice into a dynamic object and follow a path on them is more complicated. You will have to register the location of the hit and the position of the blade, then you need to dynamically constrain the path that the blade is allowed to take to the forward vector of the edge. All this while likely also wanting to retain pitch adjustment relative to the hand as well as being able to push in/out.

                          In 4.20 you can make a custom grip script that you activate on collision and provide some variables to control it for this path.

                          Alternatively in older versions or also in 4.20 you can change the grip type to CustomGrip on collision and run the same process manually in TickGrip.

                          You wouldn't want to try to do this with a constraint as it has less control and you will already have to turn off collision to pass it through.


                          Regardless, its going to end up being on your hand scripting how it behaves here if you want a really quality result, and whether it actually feels any good or not is entirely up to that scripting.

                          The actual method of pulling it off however is pretty simple, its the same basic concept as the example slider component, except you are clamping to same rotation and forcing it to stay in the forward vector.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 10-01-2018, 09:43 AM.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mordentral View Post


                            #1: You would have to turn off late updates, you are getting that because there is a 1-2 frame delay from the game running its collisions and when the frame is actually presented on to the screen, late updates are ran to correct for the delay so that things sit closer visually to where your hand is at the later time, this however means that physics collisions will come in after that delay, it can be very noticeable on fast movements as 11 MS can actually mean a pretty large amount of distance covered for a long blade moving and rotating quickly.

                            The downside to turning this off is that sword movements won't feel as good as the visuals will lag behind the actual hand motions.


                            #2: This part is harder

                            You have a few options here, but none are automated, if it was a static object this would be a lot easier, however trying to slice into a dynamic object and follow a path on them is more complicated. You will have to register the location of the hit and the position of the blade, then you need to dynamically constrain the path that the blade is allowed to take to the forward vector of the edge. All this while likely also wanting to retain pitch adjustment relative to the hand as well as being able to push in/out.

                            In 4.20 you can make a custom grip script that you activate on collision and provide some variables to control it for this path.

                            Alternatively in older versions or also in 4.20 you can change the grip type to CustomGrip on collision and run the same process manually in TickGrip.

                            You wouldn't want to try to do this with a constraint as it has less control and you will already have to turn off collision to pass it through.


                            Regardless, its going to end up being on your hand scripting how it behaves here if you want a really quality result, and whether it actually feels any good or not is entirely up to that scripting.

                            The actual method of pulling it off however is pretty simple, its the same basic concept as the example slider component, except you are clamping to same rotation and forcing it to stay in the forward vector.
                            Wow, thanks a lot, that's quite an in-depth answer, and it definitely did give me some ideas. Time to put these ideas to use, I guess

                            Comment


                              Hi,

                              First of all thank you very much for your plugin.
                              It has been a big help in our current project.

                              Secondly, does someone know how to fix this error that pop up when I attempt to build for Windows 64 bits?
                              I am using Unreal 4.19.2 and the 4.19 Locked branch of the VR Expansion Plugin.

                              When I attempt to build for Windows 32 bits I get an error about: "'RelativeTransformToParent': formal parameter with requested alignment of 16 won't be aligned"
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I have updated my document on the Merge of Weapon Master and the VR Expansion plugin. It's now in a working state, but not finished. I need to polish, simplify things more, add replication etc.

                                However it is in a working state if you want to start it and go off on your own from there. I will continue to update the document as I go. VRE AND WEAPON MASTER MERGE DOC
                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                Weapon Master and VRE Merge TUT

                                Life Art Studios | Discord | End of Days - VR Zombie Survival

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X