No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the answer Mordentral! works like a charm! now i´m dealing trying to attach to different blueprints, and trying to figure out how to use the DropAndSocketObject.
    If you have any directions for that would be awesome! thanks again!
    Francisco
    Below is a gif, of what im trying to redo using your tools:

Click image for larger version  Name:	DESCARGA_VR-Game-Preview-Standalone-64bit_PCD3D_SM5-9_17_2018-6_04_25-PM_1_1_1.gif Views:	1 Size:	372.3 KB ID:	1528961
    Last edited by malcriado; 09-17-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkium View Post
      Thought I'd let everyone know that I'm writing up a document on how to combine weapon master and the VRE based on uberblockheads original findings, but then I'm taking it a step further and cleaning it up. Here's the live doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk
      hey Is this guide complete? I need this bad, because I had started the project in VRE and then bought the weapons master. I tried to drag and drop but it didnt work, had to start all over

maybe make a video to show us, it would help us alot.
      Last edited by PRESSURE2000; 09-17-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Anyone tried to translate the origin of The LaserBeam
        inside the BP_Teleport Controller because I had no success on finding a solution.
        I'm trying to change the location of the straight Laser but it seems not movable from the Owning Motion Controller.
        I want to attach to a socket the origin of the LaserBeam to my skeleton hand mesh child of the grip motion controller of my VRCharacter pawn.
        any help will be welcomed.
        Thanks
        Last edited by J_Tox; 09-18-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Tox View Post
          Anyone tried to translate the origin of The LaserBeam
          inside the BP_Teleport Controller because I had no success on finding a solution.
          I'm trying to change the location of the straight Laser but it seems not movable from the Owning Motion Controller.
          I want to attach to a socket the origin of the LaserBeam to my skeleton hand mesh child of the grip motion controller of my VRCharacter pawn.
          any help will be welcomed.
          Thanks
          The straight laser is just a mesh....move it. I don't think I am setting relative loc on it, only relative scale, if I am then modify that logic in the TeleportController actor.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The straight laser is just a mesh....move it. I don't think I am setting relative loc on it, only relative scale, if I am then modify that logic in the TeleportController actor.
            OK thanks again mordental...I was breaking links instead to just making Use Smooth Laser false.
            Now it works ..thanks again

Comment

Hi mordental I want to map my oculus MotionController (R) FaceButton1 to select my widget button.
              For that I replaced the key Left Mouse Button inside the Press/Release Pointer Key with my MotionController (R) FaceButton1.
              All this is inside your BP_Teleport_Controller with the function [ ifOverWidget_Use ].
              When I press my Oculus Face button there is no action on my widget Button.
              I remarked that the function [ ifOverWidget_Use ] is called by [Trigger Grip or Drop] from the Vive_PawnCharacter and the only action that is working with my widget button is when I leave
              the key Left Mouse Button inside the Press/Release Pointer Key and I keep my action mapping to the motion controller grip.
              Is it possible to change to the MotionController (R) FaceButton1 to select my widget button ?
              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Tox View Post
                Hi mordental I want to map my oculus MotionController (R) FaceButton1 to select my widget button.
                For that I replaced the key Left Mouse Button inside the Press/Release Pointer Key with my MotionController (R) FaceButton1.
                All this is inside your BP_Teleport_Controller with the function [ ifOverWidget_Use ].
                When I press my Oculus Face button there is no action on my widget Button.
                I remarked that the function [ ifOverWidget_Use ] is called by [Trigger Grip or Drop] from the Vive_PawnCharacter and the only action that is working with my widget button is when I leave
                the key Left Mouse Button inside the Press/Release Pointer Key and I keep my action mapping to the motion controller grip.
                Is it possible to change to the MotionController (R) FaceButton1 to select my widget button ?
                Thank you.
                You are mistaking how Widget Interactors work, that node is sending an input in to the widget, mouse 1 is akin to clicking on it, widgets don't know what to do with a motion controller button. You don't want to change the input there, you want to change where it calls that node to use a different button.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You are mistaking how Widget Interactors work, that node is sending an input in to the widget, mouse 1 is akin to clicking on it, widgets don't know what to do with a motion controller button. You don't want to change the input there, you want to change where it calls that node to use a different button.
                  Ok I made an Action Mapping with my MotionController (R) FaceButton1, I created a new GameTag (UI) on the DefaultGameplayTags and inside the VRCharacter a called my event InputAction UI_Select which is related to [Trigger Grip or Drop].
                  inside [Trigger Grip or Drop] bolean was over widget --->true I branch to a new Grip Drop or Use Object Clean with only the relevant GameplayTag UI.
                  It works without errors !!!
                  Is it the most efficient way to do that ?

[SOLVED]
                  I just added to your custom event [Trigger Grip Or Drop] my UI.Widget to the Relevant Gameplay Tags and everything is OK.

Thanks for pointing me out the solution : "You don't want to change the input there, you want to change where it calls that node to use a different button."
                  Last edited by J_Tox; 09-20-2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Can you use grip scrips on grippable skeletal meshes?
                    My "Gun_Base" uses a skeletal mesh instead of a static mesh for the root component so I'm using grippable skeletal mesh, but it doesn't seem to have a grip script option.

Edit: I see grip scripts in the C++ class. Trying to find out why they aren't showing in editor now.

Edit 2: Ahh it's edit defaults only. Was trying to edit it in the world. My bad.

SOLVED
                    Last edited by rojo8399; 09-19-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rojo8399 View Post
                      Can you use grip scrips on grippable skeletal meshes?
                      My "Gun_Base" uses a skeletal mesh instead of a static mesh for the root component so I'm using grippable skeletal mesh, but it doesn't seem to have a grip script option.

Edit: I see grip scripts in the C++ class. Trying to find out why they aren't showing in editor now.

Edit 2: Ahh it's edit defaults only. Was trying to edit it in the world. My bad.

SOLVED
                      Yeah having it EditAnywhere on the staticmeshactor was actually a mistake, everything else (and now the StaticMeshActor) have it Defaults Only.

It technically works on placement too, but its a bit iffy with serializing so I am forcing defaults for now.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 09-19-2018, 02:30 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

How i do set a simple Seated Experience? I m trying to use SetSeatedMode with required inputs but in the VR Mode where I try to move, the whole is moving along with me. IS there a setting I am missing?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Parth Patel View Post
                          How i do set a simple Seated Experience? I m trying to use SetSeatedMode with required inputs but in the VR Mode where I try to move, the whole is moving along with me. IS there a setting I am missing?
                          Why are you trying to set a seated mode with a 4000 UU radius? The whole point of the radius is to limit the players movement during seated mode, you shouldn't be using seated at all otherwise.

Also are you actually in roomscale vr mode?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes I am in roomScale VR mode. I do see my boundaries when I move. I was just trying to play with different numbers that y its 4000 UU. Default 40UU is also not working. Seated Experience in Sedan Example Template is working fine, but when I am trying setup on my own, its not working.
                            Setup is pretty simple, create a SImpleVRCharacter and getting a default target Seated position from the world and firing SetSeatedMode.
                            Last edited by Parth Patel; 09-20-2018, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Don't know then, the SS is correct, would be somewhere else likely. Turn the capsule view on to make sure its staying stationary, also make sure that the capsule isn't colliding during the seated section.
                              Last edited by mordentral; 09-20-2018, 05:18 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Parth Patel View Post
                                Yes I am in roomScale VR mode. I do see my boundaries when I move. I was just trying to play with different numbers that y its 4000 UU. Default 40UU is also not working. Seated Experience in Sedan Example Template is working fine, but when I am trying setup on my own, its not working.
                                Setup is pretty simple, create a SImpleVRCharacter and getting a default target Seated position from the world and firing SetSeatedMode.
                                SimpleVRCharacters don't fully support the mode, I would have to switch over to de-coupling them during it. They work differently, they literally move with the HMD.

I may consider doing that at some point, but Simple characters are always going to be a little behind on the feature list. I'll add a note to go in and look at it, but no real promises, simple characters have always been a fallback.
                                Last edited by mordentral; 09-20-2018, 05:27 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X