VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Objects don't replicate from client up (and for that matter spline mesh components don't replicate any of their special variables over a static mesh).
    Also you shouldn't be replicating spline meshes anyway, just re-create them locally on clients. If you really need the exact same spline, replicate the points and re-create the spline.

As for the interaction lasers, are you testing across computers or in PIE testing? Widget interactors add themselves to the global pool of input agents when they are activated so they can overrule each other, being in editor both instances of PIE share the same pool. When playing in packaged each separate computer has its pool so it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah change default platform and set steam subsystem enabled = false.
    If you leave steam as the default then you need the steam client loaded on both machine to host and join.
    thanks for the reply,
    however widget interaction works when I simulate server+client right from the editor and does not work on the client when I run server and client on two different PCs.

And if I leave steam enabled and run both PCs with two different steam accounts, they both display that I am playing the game , but I do not see hosted game

Comment

Originally posted by Artem K View Post

thanks for the reply,
      however widget interaction works when I simulate server+client right from the editor and does not work on the client when I run server and client on two different PCs.

And if I leave steam enabled and run both PCs with two different steam accounts, they both display that I am playing the game , but I do not see hosted game
      Then you aren't setting the widget interactors up correctly in multiplayer on possession.

For the second one, it works, you need to make sure your settings are correct and that the actual subsystem is loading up. Make sure that you have the steam overlay on shift-tab and run with logging enabled to check for sure that the subsystem is being created.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Nobody get a crash for unreal in VR with 4.20?

I can't be the only one. If you go to the Project, and OPEN any MESH, the engine crash... I tested in 3 diferent PCs and i got the crash in the three... Can anyone test this please?
        Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
        I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Then you aren't setting the widget interactors up correctly in multiplayer on possession.
          how should I set them up? I use your standard bp_teleport_controller and 3dwidget, did not do anything to customize their replication.

Here are screenshot representing how does it look like from both sides

Client side: Click image for larger version

Name:	client.png
Views:	74
Size:	578.4 KB
ID:	1521674Server side: Click image for larger version

Name:	server.png
Views:	75
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	1521673

Comment

I got hands attached to what I'm grabbing, but they're IK hands, so if I reach out farther than my model can reach, the object detaches from the hand.
            Has anyone thought of a good way to solve this?

Edit: Maybe get the relative offset of where the hand should be relative to the controller on tick, and add it the grabbed actor's transform?
            Then I need to figure out what that offset would be. It'd be the grabbed actor's offset along with the hands offset to the grabbed actor.
            I haven't messed with this type of stuff much in the past. Trying to wrap my head around it.
            Last edited by rojo8399; 08-29-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artem K View Post
              how should I set them up? I use your standard bp_teleport_controller and 3dwidget, did not do anything to customize their replication.

Here are screenshot representing how does it look like from both sides

Client side: Click image for larger version  Name:	client.png Views:	1 Size:	578.4 KB ID:	1521674Server side: Click image for larger version  Name:	server.png Views:	1 Size:	552.2 KB ID:	1521673
              I don't know how old your build is, but in the template in late 4.19 / early 4.20 I removed trying to set up the interactor widgets on both ends for every pawn. This was due to how the interactors work (creating a "fake" input entity) it was not only difficult to get unique index's but it also bloated things that didn't need to be, all for no real benefit (how the indexes are used in the virtual input array are less than ideal).

Generally you don't need to see the other persons laser interacting with the menu, if you do, then you can change how the interactors are setup and pass in a valid unique index on remote clients for every pawn, you'll have to manage this somehow so that there is no overlap.

If the index's overlap than then one set of the widgets just won't work locally.

*Edit* from the second SS the client appears to not be able to interact, so you would be on the build right before I fixed it and removed the remote setup.
              Last edited by mordentral; 08-29-2018, 01:48 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi there, might be a silly question but seems i stuck.
                Trying to combine several grippable objects together. Attaching grippable component (with some angular / linear limits) to grippable static mesh actor led to fail for me, no matter with constraint or without it.
                I managed to create a grippable object with a VRSlider component, and it seems to work fine. Except that object can not be grabbed from VRslider itself.
                But now I'm trying to create a grippable suitcase with a lid. Used a VRlever component for a lid, and it's works fine until i grab a suitcase.
                Here is a video that shows what i mean: https://streamable.com/2s509
                Is there a proper way to set up that kind of stuff?

Comment

Added new game to the list of use cases:

The Homestead Invasion

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post

****ed Unreal, i can debug why the editor crash in forward shading. Is a problem in Forward Rendering with the StarterContent. With the VR Expansion Template won't crash because this project doesn't have the StarterContent. My project has the StarterContent (i don't use it, but when i created my project don't uncheck this) and now i cannot open my project in 4.20, ****!

Can anyone test this in his computer, please?

Create a blank project with the starter content, go to Project Settings, check Forward Shading, close the project and reopens it, when the project compiling all the shaders, go to Project Settings, and the Editor should will crash.
                    Hello this is a known bug and the target fix is 4.21
                    you have to a change with the support stationary skylight.
                    The stuff bellow was from a post dealing with that crash

In 4.20.1 if you enabled "Forward Shading" and disabled "Support Stationary Skylight", you will get crash(same error).

Try this as it works for me:
                    if support stationary skylight on put Off
                    if Off put On

Comment

Originally posted by Ted_Undead View Post
                      Hi there, might be a silly question but seems i stuck.
                      Trying to combine several grippable objects together. Attaching grippable component (with some angular / linear limits) to grippable static mesh actor led to fail for me, no matter with constraint or without it.
                      I managed to create a grippable object with a VRSlider component, and it seems to work fine. Except that object can not be grabbed from VRslider itself.
                      But now I'm trying to create a grippable suitcase with a lid. Used a VRlever component for a lid, and it's works fine until i grab a suitcase.
                      Here is a video that shows what i mean: https://streamable.com/2s509
                      Is there a proper way to set up that kind of stuff?
                      Your problem there is that the logic levers aren't intended to be simulated, when you pick up the base of the suitcase it simulates the lid as well (they are auto welded), you can either unsimulate the lid OnGrip, unsimulate it on the main body dropping, or put a scene component between the two which will keep the lid from being simulated when the body is held.

You could also move to a straight physics constrained lid instead if you wanted to (using a manipulation grip on it).

Technically the lever should still "function" when simulated since it will directly set its location, however you appear to be forcing a manipulation grip on it instead of using GripObjectByInterface so its not using the CustomGrip type that it needs to be using (thus the spinning around hand physically simulated). The object specifically asks for the CustomGrip type with the interface, you need to be using it.

*Edit* I guess technically I could force unsimulation on grip on the lever itself, but generally it shouldn't need it, in practice with a mockup it worked fine since it was still using the custom grip type.

As for grabbing an object from the slider itself case, the slider is its own grippable object, I allow gripping actors AND components on objects and child components cannot dictate the position of their parents. You can constraint two objects or add a second grip to the actor itself or use two actors, ect, there are multiple ways of doing it.

I don't have a "pass grip up" feature built in that would force the parent to be gripped instead of the child if the child is set to DenyGripping currently, but you could easily add that in to your grip logic check. Its more of a user side thing, if the slider is set to DenyGripping then check its parent actor for the grip interface and grip it instead.

The angular limits part is essentially how the example gun was setup prior to me making it a slider, however I will note that the InteractionSettings got removed in 4.20 and put into a GripScript instead as they were generally far worse than just hand scripting a CustomGrip type.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 08-31-2018, 08:50 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added another use case game to the list

Zero Caliber

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by J_Tox View Post

Hello this is a known bug and the target fix is 4.21
                          you have to a change with the support stationary skylight.
                          The stuff bellow was from a post dealing with that crash

In 4.20.1 if you enabled "Forward Shading" and disabled "Support Stationary Skylight", you will get crash(same error).

Try this as it works for me:
                          if support stationary skylight on put Off
                          if Off put On

are you all, who are using this plugin, staying on the bleeding edge with updates?

Using my music industry experiences, it would have been insanity to update ANYTHING mid album or in the middle of a huge project...I guess its easier with unreal because you just back up a folder and can go back without installing anything, but still.

is there something wrong with 4.20 that I should know about? Its been pretty stable for me, of course I dont know how many game changing updates unreal comes out with but many of the plugins are barely making it to 4.20....
                          Last edited by PRESSURE2000; 09-03-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post

are you all, who are using this plugin, staying on the bleeding edge with updates?

Using my music industry experiences, it would have been insanity to update ANYTHING mid album or in the middle of a huge project...I guess its easier with unreal because you just back up a folder and can go back without installing anything, but still.

is there something wrong with 4.20 that I should know about? Its been pretty stable for me, of course I dont know how many game changing updates unreal comes out with but many of the plugins are barely making it to 4.20....

I was building a blueprint project and i figure epic updates the nodes so that they run correctly most of the time, i had no issues swapping over to 4.20 but i really wanted 4.20. I have heard that c++ migrations aren't as easy. But people still do it just fine.

Do you need new features to build your game
                            Mordentral has been teasing really cool code to, but ive gotten this far without it.

Its been extremely stable for me.
                            Ive heard only good of 4.20

Comment

Hello Hivemind!

What a fantastic plugin! Very nice work! Im not at all into making blueprints and not a at all into coding, but one of those visual designer types learning UE4 and VR, so im struggling a bit understanding how to use the different pawns. I have a project where i know I only need teleport (simple) and the grab objects, like the drawers and the potion bottle. (from the the demo project) I dont need climb and the other things.

how do i configure the pawn only to use those and not having everything avaliable via the grip menu? I have been trying to learn from the wiki and videos but im so very confused right now.

I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of some noob friendly reading material or videos?

I got the project up and running and compiled.

Thank you in advance!

MJJ
                              JAEGER JENSEN

VR STORYTELLER & CREATIVE DIRECTOR
                              www.jaegerjensen.com / LinkedIn / Twitter / instagram

Comment

quick question about your addition transform example in the template. it was written in c++ so im not as familiar with deciphering it. how are you moving the gun around. i wanted to try a physicalised approach to recoil by applying force. so that i could work towards a more simulation feeling but im getting strange results with add impulse or torque nodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X