VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adlerzamora View Post

Thanks for that. I see the event on the sedanBP but shall I start it from the levelBP referencing both the car and my character so I can pass the info the function needs?

Also, not sure if there is an example video of how to setup a socket grippable like for example, a bow (So the controller automatically sets the location on the center of the bow with the apropiate rotation. Like the gun for example.
    If you leave default logic in place and do not override anything, just add a socket name VRGripP to the bow and set the rotation on it to whatever feels right. If you only want snap grips possible (no free gripping elsewhere on the bow) then you'll either want to change the PrimarySlotRange on the object to be higher, or override the GetClosestSocketInRange function and just always return your grip point.

As for setting seated mode, whatever makes the most sense to you and your game.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

?

Hey there, love the plugin. Trying to squeeze that 90 fps is a real pain tho. all the ticks used in the current setup make it extremely heavy. I tried to nativize the vr character blueprint but got this error. any ideas?

Thanks again

UATHeler: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): -\Unreal\-\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "VRBPDatatypes.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in VRBPDatatypes.h"
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [6/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.6_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [7/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.4_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [8/19] Module.NativizedAssets.2_of_3.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): -\Unreal\PILLAR\-\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "VRBPDatatypes.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in VRBPDatatypes.h"
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [9/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.8_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [10/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.9_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [11/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.7_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [12/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.2_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [13/19] Module.NativizedAssets.gen.1_of_2.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): -\Unreal\-\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "VRBPDatatypes.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in VRBPDatatypes.h"
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [14/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.3_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [15/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.1_of_9.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [16/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [17/19] Module.NativizedAssets.3_of_3.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [18/19] Module.NativizedAssets.1_of_3.cpp
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): -\Unreal\-\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "VRBPDatatypes.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in VRBPDatatypes.h"
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: --\Unreal\-\Binaries\Win64\***.pdb
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\---\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-***-Win64-Development_2.txt for full exception trace)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Total build time: 232.79 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 233.0981982s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\---\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-PILLAR-Win64-Development_2.txt)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\--\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\Log.txt for full exception trace)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
      UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
      PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Comment

Originally posted by Swinny_ View Post
        ?

Hey there, love the plugin. Trying to squeeze that 90 fps is a real pain tho. all the ticks used in the current setup make it extremely heavy. I tried to nativize the vr character blueprint but got this error. any ideas?

Thanks again
        I will note that full nativization didn't work until 4.20 because the engine had several bugs blocking it with the interface when manually implemented on an object (partial nativization worked but that is a pain). I got a bunch of them reported in early previews and it nativizes fine in 4.20 now (for me, you seem to be on 4.20). That error is about auto generated code headers not having PragmaOnce which is kind of out of my control and I don't get it when I nativize, you might want to try clearing your intermediate folders and regenerating the project before trying again.

As for "hard to hit 90fps due to ticks", are you on mobile? I can't imagine that being the case on any other platform, the template is not CPU limited and most things don't tick unless interacted with (hands, camera, pawn aside). Did you actually profile that CPU was the issue for you?
        Last edited by mordentral; 08-24-2018, 11:57 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

thank you for this plugin, its helped us greatly, we have gotten alot done using the FPS guy. My son and I have both been doing this project together, just a father and son thing.

we have some questions, As we move forward, and put code on the like health and armor and other code that will be needed for the game, just which blueprint are we suppose to edit? As of now we have both been using the FPS_VivePawnCharacter. While it works when on our laptops the road with our laptops,we have found certain things like the radar not working correctly on our actual real VR vive headset like it does on my FPS_VivePawnCharacter.

which blueprint will be the one for the vive? we dont want to get to so much done in FPS edit mode, only to have none of the features pass over . I only get to see my son every other weekend so it would be nice to enter the virutal world together.

and also

because my son keeps asking me if his cousin in California will be able to play this game with us, even though he has a rift and we have vive. Is there a blueprint or something for the rift here ? It would make sense to copy and paste the code to the rift blueprint now to avoid problems later

Comment

awhile back i think you said something about controller profiles and grip offsets by socket, and i want to ask a question about that. im having to rotate the grip socket 90 degrees for the grip sockets in every gun i create. and im about to to start making a **** load of them.

i also dont want to screw my self in the future if i need to adjust them for vibe when i start trying to support it. is there a system for that or do i need to make one.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
              thank you for this plugin, its helped us greatly, we have gotten alot done using the FPS guy. My son and I have both been doing this project together, just a father and son thing.

we have some questions, As we move forward, and put code on the like health and armor and other code that will be needed for the game, just which blueprint are we suppose to edit? As of now we have both been using the FPS_VivePawnCharacter. While it works when on our laptops the road with our laptops,we have found certain things like the radar not working correctly on our actual real VR vive headset like it does on my FPS_VivePawnCharacter.

which blueprint will be the one for the vive? we dont want to get to so much done in FPS edit mode, only to have none of the features pass over . I only get to see my son every other weekend so it would be nice to enter the virutal world together.

and also

because my son keeps asking me if his cousin in California will be able to play this game with us, even though he has a rift and we have vive. Is there a blueprint or something for the rift here ? It would make sense to copy and paste the code to the rift blueprint now to avoid problems later
              There is no different blueprint for a rift, it translates the controllers differently and adjusts for them.

Also you have been editing the TEST pawn, it is a child of the Vive_PawnCharacter, you should be making a new child of the Vive_PawnCharacter and editing that, or editing it directly.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Can you works in VR with Forward Rendering without problems?

I can't run any project with Forward Rendering enabled except VRExpansionPluginTemplate. In 4.19 run smooth. If i create a Blank project, enable Forward Rendering, save, close and reopen, when it open again, go to Project Settings and UE4 Crash... With Template all runs well.

Anyone can test this?

The error is:
                Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials\MaterialShared.cpp] [Line: 1803] Couldn't find Shader TBasePassPSFCachedPointIndirectLightingPolicySkylight for Material Resource FloorPlaneMaterial

UE4 4.20.2

-------

?

Thanks again

UATHeler: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): -\Unreal\-\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "VRBPDatatypes.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in VRBPDatatypes.h"
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [6/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.6_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [7/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.4_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [8/19] Module.NativizedAssets.2_of_3.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): -\Unreal\PILLAR\-\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(12): fatal error C1189: #error: "VRBPDatatypes.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in VRBPDatatypes.h"
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [9/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.8_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [10/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.9_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [11/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.7_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [12/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.2_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [13/19] Module.NativizedAssets.gen.1_of_2.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [14/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.3_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [15/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.gen.1_of_9.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [16/19] Module.VRExpansionPlugin.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [17/19] Module.NativizedAssets.3_of_3.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [18/19] Module.NativizedAssets.1_of_3.cpp
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: --\Unreal\-\Binaries\Win64\***.pdb
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\---\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-***-Win64-Development_2.txt for full exception trace)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Total build time: 232.79 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 233.0981982s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\---\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\UBT-PILLAR-Win64-Development_2.txt)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\--\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.20\Log.txt for full exception trace)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
                PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

You are using the VR Expansion Plugin Template or in your game?

I recommend do a multiple things on VR. The DynamicShadows is a huge pain to VR. Set all illumination to Static, don't use many Movable lights with shadows enabled, Merge Actors as you can, Proxy Meshes, HLOD and instance as you can, set Oclussion Culling and Precomputed Visibility. Raise up MemoryPool, by default is too low. Be careful with DrawCalls, not raise it above of 1000 or 1500 draw calls. Care with Postprocesing and Traslucent materials.

Create in the Config folder a DefaultScalability.ini with this settings, raise up if you need it:

[TextureQuality@0]
                r.Streaming.PoolSize=800
                r.Streaming.MaxEffectiveScreenSize=1080

[TextureQuality@1]
                r.MaxAnisotropy=4
                r.Streaming.PoolSize=1200

[TextureQuality@2]
                r.MaxAnisotropy=8
                r.Streaming.PoolSize=2300

[TextureQuality@3]
                r.Streaming.PoolSize=2800
                r.Streaming.MaxEffectiveScreenSize=0

Look this to get the best result in VR. https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...ng-robo-recall
                Last edited by Aidan Puche; 08-25-2018, 10:44 PM.
                Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
                I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Ive definately been getting better results in my own test optomizing, i will also apply your tips to get more fps out of it.

my original question however pertained to nativizing the blueprints - as they seem to be quite resource heavy. eg, when i take the standard vr character and take away the tick functions (i just unhook them for testing purposes) - my 45fps jumps to 90. The problem now is that I can package a game no problem, that works. its that it only fails when I try to nativize the blueprints.

Is there some special things i have to do to get nativiztion of bluejprints that use the plugin working

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Ive definately been getting better results in my own test optomizing, i will also apply your tips to get more fps out of it.

my original question however pertained to nativizing the blueprints - as they seem to be quite resource heavy. eg, when i take the standard vr character and take away the tick functions (i just unhook them for testing purposes) - my 45fps jumps to 90. The problem now is that I can package a game no problem, that works. its that it only fails when I try to nativize the blueprints.

Is there some special things i have to do to get nativiztion of bluejprints that use the plugin working
                    Run a profile on your template, I have never seen the combined tick events take over 2.5ms (that is for ALL objects, not just the character) and that was in debug mode on a weaker computer, the tick events for the vr character are just some motion tracking and state handling, nothing that should cause a ton of work. Also it would be worth noting that due to reprojection being on, FPS is always either 45 or 90, event if it a stable 88 it will half frames to 45.

As for nativization, it works for me in 4.20, I don't know what else to tell you, if you are running inclusive with no changes it should function. If you are running exclusive you need to make sure that you also nativize BPs that it depends on.
                    Last edited by mordentral; 08-26-2018, 10:15 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post
                      Can you works in VR with Forward Rendering without problems?

I can't run any project with Forward Rendering enabled except VRExpansionPluginTemplate. In 4.19 run smooth. If i create a Blank project, enable Forward Rendering, save, close and reopen, when it open again, go to Project Settings and UE4 Crash... With Template all runs well.

Anyone can test this?

The error is:
                      Fatal error: [File:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials\MaterialShared.cpp] [Line: 1803] Couldn't find Shader TBasePassPSFCachedPointIndirectLightingPolicySkylight for Material Resource FloorPlaneMaterial

UE4 4.20.2
                      ****ed Unreal, i can debug why the editor crash in forward shading. Is a problem in Forward Rendering with the StarterContent. With the VR Expansion Template won't crash because this project doesn't have the StarterContent. My project has the StarterContent (i don't use it, but when i created my project don't uncheck this) and now i cannot open my project in 4.20, ****!

Can anyone test this in his computer, please?

Create a blank project with the starter content, go to Project Settings, check Forward Shading, close the project and reopens it, when the project compiling all the shaders, go to Project Settings, and the Editor should will crash.

Comment

Threw up a little video this weekend about my new playthings, will likely go in depth about them at some later point

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                          Threw up a little video this weekend about my new playthings, will likely go in depth about them at some later point

This is hard porn, look awesome. The hands need to be animated, is a IK, or the hands loads with the model?

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post

This is hard porn, look awesome. The hands need to be animated, is a IK, or the hands loads with the model?
                            The new OpenInput API provides a solved skeletal pose for you based on the current state of the controllers buttons (and in the case of knuckles, the capacitive state of the finger curl detection). You can apply that pose onto any hand that has a skeletal structure that isn't entirely abnormal (bone retargeting), though for that video those hands are skinned specifically to the skeleton that OpenInput returns.

You can use it with vive wands and the like as well, just without the finger curling.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey mordentral - Got a question for you. Do you plan on supporting the Oculus Santa Cruz when it comes out?

Comment

Has anyone made a way to attach the hand to the object you pickup? So when the object collides with a wall, your hand doesn't go through that wall.

Edit: Just trying the same thing lots of other people are trying.
                                Trying to attach the weapon to an ik body mesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X