Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    Either way works, there is a ton in the example that you won't need but a lot of people just rip what they don't need out.

    If you move it over, keep in mind that there are config file changes that also need to move for everything to work as is from the template (gameplay tags as well).

    I don't know the state of your current project enough to make a suggestion, but if it is just a level, you can just import the level.
    hi thank you for all your help but when I copy and paste the vr character from the template he just falls through the map.

    all I did was import my level into your project.

    The regular demp level the guy can jump and walk but in my level he just falls through the floor.

    How can I use the demo level character in my level without any issues?

    Comment


      Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post

      hi thank you for all your help but when I copy and paste the vr character from the template he just falls through the map.

      all I did was import my level into your project.

      The regular demp level the guy can jump and walk but in my level he just falls through the floor.

      How can I use the demo level character in my level without any issues?
      By default the VRCharacter is set to only collide with the Static channel, your level must not be on the static channel. You can move it to that, or enable additional collision channels in the pawns capsule collision settings.


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

        By default the VRCharacter is set to only collide with the Static channel, your level must not be on the static channel. You can move it to that, or enable additional collision channels in the pawns capsule collision settings.
        me and my soon ended up fixing the issue..it was silly..we had no floor.... we just laid the corridors we made onto the see through lines. we ended up copying the map over to the default level and notice the guy falling off after your level. at this rate me and my sons game will come out the 31st of nevuary but we sure are having a great time figuring it all out.

        we noticed in your default level the pawn can pass through some objects in keyboard moving mode, like the table with all the hand held cubes, but it cant move through certain other objects, the pawn is the same way on my level also, it can pass through certain parts of the corridor and cant get through others, the pawn on our level says bad size also, is it because I didnt scale my my meshes down?

        Comment


          Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post

          me and my soon ended up fixing the issue..it was silly..we had no floor.... we just laid the corridors we made onto the see through lines. we ended up copying the map over to the default level and notice the guy falling off after your level. at this rate me and my sons game will come out the 31st of nevuary but we sure are having a great time figuring it all out.

          we noticed in your default level the pawn can pass through some objects in keyboard moving mode, like the table with all the hand held cubes, but it cant move through certain other objects, the pawn is the same way on my level also, it can pass through certain parts of the corridor and cant get through others, the pawn on our level says bad size also, is it because I didnt scale my my meshes down?
          It says bad size because there is no room for spawning with the default player spawn, its not really a big deal, i have a VRPlayerSpawn in 4.20.


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            How did you make the slider component as solid as you did. Physics constraints dont seem to be as stable as i need for some objects. The doors kinda stretch from there henges, and drawers stretch off of there track. I know you have components for some thess objects but i really need more control over some of the components im making and i need them to stay inside there constraints.

            Comment


              Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
              How did you make the slider component as solid as you did. Physics constraints dont seem to be as stable as i need for some objects. The doors kinda stretch from there henges, and drawers stretch off of there track. I know you have components for some thess objects but i really need more control over some of the components im making and i need them to stay inside there constraints.
              There are many settings on constraints to increase stiffness and correct for over movement that you can adjust, the center drawer in the template for example was left as a physics constraint and the cabinet doors are physics constraints.

              As for the slider, the slider/lever/dials are logic driven, they aren't simulating and are hand coded to behave how they do. All of these manual logic interactibles use the Custom_Grip grip type to perform scripted logic.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                Pushed a commit to both repositories.

                A note on GripScripts btw, they need significant testing prior to merging into master, I will be making an overview video about them but need people to test on their
                branch if possible and provide feedback.

                Code:
                GripScripts mostly final form has been added to 4.20 GripScripts Dev branches in
                both repositories. They need some testing and to be put through their paces prior
                to merging into the master branches.
                
                
                Initial knuckles porting and profile setup - (not public for awhile)
                
                
                Skipping some calls to slightly speed up nav agent retrieval
                
                
                Adding OnFinishedLerping events to the slider and lever
                Also enabling throwing slider progress events during lerping by default
                
                Added dial lerping, lerping speed, Finished lerping event
                Also added SetDialAngle function
                
                
                Corrected the HMD offset for the dynamic navigation mesh generation with
                a VRRootComponent.
                
                
                Correcting an oversight where a grip could not simulate on client side
                if replicate movement was never on the object.
                
                Also if a child component is supposed to simulate on drop, we need to also set it clientside
                if the component is not the root component, non root components do not replicate simulation
                state by default so in that case the client also calls it now.
                
                
                Defaulting welding to true for plugin attachment operations, didn't realize that the
                default setting is inverse between c++ and BP.
                
                Fixing socketing by adding a one tick delay after the socket and re-applying
                the relative transform. This is only done if both the parent and the child are simulating
                and is only there to avoid a race condition with the physics thread where the
                original grip constraint can reset the transform out of order prior to destruction.
                
                
                switched sweep detection on grips to component multi instead of sweep single.
                That function automatically accounts for the pivot offset / collision local pose.
                
                
                Worked around a physics replication issue that
                Epic introduced in 4.20, physics replication period is acting kind of badly now. They moved to
                a different (more efficient) system of handling the simulating position replication that
                they ported from Fortnite, however it has some little issues like not ending a targeted
                physics frame position setting when replication is turned on/off / when simulated or 
                unsimulated.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Just uploaded a last full binary package zip for 4.19 with ported back fixes from 4.20.

                  Any additional back porting of fixes for 4.19 will remain on the locked source branch only so I can remove my 4.19 installation soon.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    This plug in a great, we havent even got into everything yet.

                    we are about to try to put arm and legs on the character and was wondering if there was some IK feature here? or can we use any IK tutorial to use it?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
                      This plug in a great, we havent even got into everything yet.

                      we are about to try to put arm and legs on the character and was wondering if there was some IK feature here? or can we use any IK tutorial to use it?
                      Any IK tutorial / plugin should work, you may have to adjust them for the specifics of the plugin (IE: attach to the parent relative attachment).

                      Specifically the one I saw you talking about with VRMarco would require that as it wasn't meant for roomscale.


                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                        Any IK tutorial / plugin should work, you may have to adjust them for the specifics of the plugin (IE: attach to the parent relative attachment).

                        Specifically the one I saw you talking about with VRMarco would require that as it wasn't meant for roomscale.

                        oh ok, I am a little confused on to which blueprint needs to be edited, When I hit play, the FPS guy comes out and I can move with the WSAD but thats just for editing which blueprint is the one that we are suppose to add the code to to see health and such on the final HTC VIVE controls?

                        Im guessing the FPS is not the vive that will be used in game to actually play the game, if we edited adding widgets and health meter stuff would it show up on the vive guy used to play in game?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post


                          oh ok, I am a little confused on to which blueprint needs to be edited, When I hit play, the FPS guy comes out and I can move with the WSAD but thats just for editing which blueprint is the one that we are suppose to add the code to to see health and such on the final HTC VIVE controls?

                          Im guessing the FPS is not the vive that will be used in game to actually play the game, if we edited adding widgets and health meter stuff would it show up on the vive guy used to play in game?
                          You would have to add it to the base character class, FPS_Pawn is just a subclass of that one for FPS testing.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Posted a new informational video about the new plugin feature coming out (Grip Scripts)



                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                              Posted a new informational video about the new plugin feature coming out (Grip Scripts)

                              so your default weapon base blueprint, is this the one we copy and use to build our own weapon?

                              I imported a rigged weapon and it came in as a skeleton mesh I then made it into a static mesh, and try to put it in but it doesnt work

                              when I change the static mesh on your blueprint the gun loses all its functions when I hit play it just floats I can grab it but it falls down and through the floor.

                              I thought I could just change the mesh and build on the base one?
                              Last edited by PRESSURE2000; 08-19-2018, 11:50 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post

                                so your default weapon base blueprint, is this the one we copy and use to build our own weapon?

                                I imported a rigged weapon and it came in as a skeleton mesh I then made it into a static mesh, and try to put it in but it doesnt work

                                when I change the static mesh on your blueprint the gun loses all its functions when I hit play it just floats I can grab it but it falls down and through the floor.

                                I thought I could just change the mesh and build on the base one?
                                You can, it sounds like like you have improper collision on it or something went wrong with your conversion. You can spawn a GrippableSkeletalMeshActor and use that instead with your original skeletal mesh.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X