VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
    hey mordentral. is there an callable event to change a gripable meshes grip type at run time. i wanted to make certain doors breakable in old abandoned places. everything works fine but if i leave it set to manipulation grip when the door is broken, it flails because it doesnt get grip rotaion. and if i set it to attach i can just walk off with it.
    Yes, if you mean for the next grip, you can literally set it in the VRGripInterfaceSettings struct that comes with the grippables to whatever value you want (SetMembers), or even override the PrimaryGripType interface function on the object and pass out whatever you want.

If you mean DURING a grip then that is also possible, you can call

https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...isionType.html

Which will change the type of grip on the fly while holding it.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Yes, if you mean for the next grip, you can literally set it in the VRGripInterfaceSettings struct that comes with the grippables to whatever value you want (SetMembers), or even override the PrimaryGripType interface function on the object and pass out whatever you want.

If you mean DURING a grip then that is also possible, you can call

https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...isionType.html

Which will change the type of grip on the fly while holding it.
      cool. ill look into this in a bit. thanks

edit. works like a charm. just not the way i initially thought. thanks again
      Last edited by sphinix257; 08-05-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

can someone please tell me what this plugin does? Will it make me stop walking through the walls in VR preview mode?

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSURE2000 View Post
          can someone please tell me what this plugin does? Will it make me stop walking through the walls in VR preview mode?
          That is one of its features yes, there is a shortened list of features in the first page.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That is one of its features yes, there is a shortened list of features in the first page.
            if you want it in vr it probably does it or enables you to do it easily.

Comment

I would like to use this but I keep getting this error from visual studio 2017

We can't look up this email address right now. Please try again later.

also when I put the plugin folders in my project unreal tells me plugins are from a differet engine

Im using engine 4.20 , is there a version for this?

Last edited by PRESSURE2000; 08-05-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I would like to use this but I keep getting this error from visual studio 2017

We can't look up this email address right now. Please try again later.

also when I put the plugin folders in my project unreal tells me plugins are from a differet engine

Im using engine 4.20 , is there a version for this?
                Master / Default branches are on 4.20 right now, regardless they need to be compiled unless you download one of the pre-built packages.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Master / Default branches are on 4.20 right now, regardless they need to be compiled unless you download one of the pre-built packages.
                  yes followed your directions and now it shows up.

will this allow me to move the VR pawn around the map and use the wasd and mouse to move around?

is this the most up to date video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=cRVhdjpMyys

on the plugin showing you step by step process on how to use it for the not so technically inclined people like me? is there a VR Expansion Plugin for dummies?

im very excited as I think this will help me be able to grab a hand held radar in game.

Comment

yes followed your directions and now it shows up.

will this allow me to move the VR pawn around the map and use the wasd and mouse to move around?

is this the most up to date video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=cRVhdjpMyys

on the plugin showing you step by step process on how to use it for the not so technically inclined people like me? is there a VR Expansion Plugin for dummies?

im very excited as I think this will help me be able to grab a hand held radar in game.
                    There is no "step by step" really, the template mostly assumes that you have some familiarity with the engine to begin with, it is for advanced features.

For WASD and locomotion, yes you can do that with it.

As for a hand held radar, you could do that without the plugin entirely, not entirely sure what the difficulty would be there.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

so im not sure if im doing this wrong. but the vr button isnt pressing the correct direction. it wants to slide towards me instead of away. i tried a negative value thinking it would reverse, but it stopped working. i havent had this happen with it untill this mesh

Comment

There is no "step by step" really, the template mostly assumes that you have some familiarity with the engine to begin with, it is for advanced features.

For WASD and locomotion, yes you can do that with it.

As for a hand held radar, you could do that without the plugin entirely, not entirely sure what the difficulty would be there.
                        where are the instructions to use the program? the directions end with STEP 13

Launch the project and use the VRExpansion Plugin.

but how do we launch the program? Is there a video or something for the dummies? im familiar with the engine just never used a plugin

Comment

Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
                          so im not sure if im doing this wrong. but the vr button isnt pressing the correct direction. it wants to slide towards me instead of away. i tried a negative value thinking it would reverse, but it stopped working. i havent had this happen with it untill this mesh
                          The button is set up to press in the negative direction of whatever axis you set for it, IE: Axis_Z will press in -Z direction.

If you want the button to move in the other direction than you just need to rotate the button component 180 degrees on its interactive axis. If you mean that the MESH is going the wrong way, then your mesh is upside down or flipped. I wouldn't use negative scaling to fix that because component bounds are incorrectly calculated when an axis is flipped and a lot of small things break (like Epics vr template hands).

You can re-import the mesh to correct it.

where are the instructions to use the program? the directions end with STEP 13

Launch the project and use the VRExpansion Plugin.

but how do we launch the program? Is there a video or something for the dummies? im familiar with the engine just never used a plugin

After you build a development build you can literally just launch the UProject and use the engine like normal, the compilation is to setup the binaries so that you can do that. You can also download the pre-packaged binary .zip files and just use those, but I warn people that generally its preferable to learn to compile it yourself. With manual compilation if a new hotfix comes out and you need to work right away you can just re-compile and go, generally hotfixes in the same engine version don't require source changes.

Hotfixes don't always require recompilation (they aren't supposed to), but "sometimes" they do and its better safe than sorry.

Not to mention that I add fixes and features constantly and I batch them into the .zip downloads so I don't have to re-compile every binary every day, so the repository is generally a few days to a week or two newer and better than the downloads.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

[QUOTE="mordentral;n1512265"]

The button is set up to press in the negative direction of whatever axis you set for it, IE: Axis_Z will press in -Z direction.

If you want the button to move in the other direction than you just need to rotate the button component 180 degrees on its interactive axis. If you mean that the MESH is going the wrong way, then your mesh is upside down or flipped. I wouldn't use negative scaling to fix that because component bounds are incorrectly calculated when an axis is flipped and a lot of small things break (like Epics vr template hands).

Ok. I see the problem then its a paddle button on a door. Like the tyoes you find in schools and hospitals, where you just press and the door unlocks. But its on the back side of the door so that would make it backwards as far as the buttons code is concerned.
                            ​​​​​​​ Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE="sphinix257;n1512280"]

Ok. I see the problem then its a paddle button on a door. Like the tyoes you find in schools and hospitals, where you just press and the door unlocks. But its on the back side of the door so that would make it backwards as far as the buttons code is concerned.
                              Thanks
                              Yeah, the point is that you set the mesh up correctly once and then just rotate the component to match whatever angle / position it needs to be in and it just works. IE: the button on both sides of the door you would just 180 it on the back side and you don't need two meshes.

The axis is relative to its parent (if it has one).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

After you build a development build you can literally just launch the UProject and use the engine like normal, the compilation is to setup the binaries so that you can do that. You can also download the pre-packaged binary .zip files and just use those, but I warn people that generally its preferable to learn to compile it yourself. With manual compilation if a new hotfix comes out and you need to work right away you can just re-compile and go, generally hotfixes in the same engine version don't require source changes.

Hotfixes don't always require recompilation (they aren't supposed to), but "sometimes" they do and its better safe than sorry.

Not to mention that I add fixes and features constantly and I batch them into the .zip downloads so I don't have to re-compile every binary every day, so the repository is generally a few days to a week or two newer and better than the downloads.
                                so we launched the project, and go to play, and try to move around using the WASD keys and nothing happens.... I cant move around.

is there a setting im suppose to tick in a sub menu somewhere? I got up to step 13 and it said it compiled with no errors, but me and my son are working on a VR game, and our vive headset is out for repair and we had no way of seeing if our collision even works.

you see we wasted the whole weekend trying to get collision right in VR and some how this plugin came up as a must have plugin if working in VR.

so we were hoping we could over come this hurdle, its already Tuesday and we still havent figured it out, my time is limited with my son, and its frustrating to not be able to get through this before his mother picks him up. i have been searching for days for a fix and finally installed this plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X