VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thyrf View Post

It was a fresh project, using migrated assets from the default branch: https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches
    Ah, then you also need to copy over the config files, or at least set the gameplay tags container manually. Its not currently using the example gameplay tags container.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Right that explains it - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Lichtdrache View Post
        mordentral
        Thank you so much for your help so far! I wasn't referring to a comment from another user, I'm sorry if this caused confusion. My error message in the first post just happened to contain this:

"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
        UE4Editor-AdvancedSteamSessions.dll
        UE4Editor-OpenVRExpansionPlugin.dll
        Would you like to rebuild them now?"

I did follow all the steps from the readme:
        I downloaded the Plugin Example Template Repository
        I right-clicked and made sure it says 4.19
        I generated the VS files
        I opened the .sln in VS and selected the Development Editor Win64
        I build solution (also tried to clean or build it individually)
        It finishes without errors and warnings
        I open the .uproject and get the errors mentioned above

Did I make a mistake at some point or did I forget something?

The Plugin Example Template Repository is the only one that contains the complete car, right? Or can I find it somewhere else?
        Lichtdrache

I am having this same issue, did you have any luck solving this?

Comment

somebody asked about this a while back but i cant find it.

the player physics kinda have this almighty domination of physical objects. say if i have a physics box. i can push it. but if i jump on it, it freaks out and the player never even felt it. or if i have a door, and it is sumulating physics i can walk strait through it when its closed with out a fight and the door just glitches.

how do i turn that of so objects can block me

Comment

Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
            somebody asked about this a while back but i cant find it.

the player physics kinda have this almighty domination of physical objects. say if i have a physics box. i can push it. but if i jump on it, it freaks out and the player never even felt it. or if i have a door, and it is sumulating physics i can walk strait through it when its closed with out a fight and the door just glitches.

how do i turn that of so objects can block me
            https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...%20Information

Very first entry in there, be warned though, there are a lot of cases where you have to be careful, which is why it is off by default.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

ok. i don't plan to get to crazy by allowing a ton of objects to p3ush me around. but i should probably be good with doors right. i kept haveing to make crazy systems to handle blocking the player when i didn't want them to be able to go thru it. turns out unless i use an invisible wall, and put up with a glitchy door. you could grab the handle and just rush through without ever opening it, and the door just yields to you.

are there other serious issues you ran into. or is it just game physics being less fun when you can feel there micro collisions and jitters in game

Comment

Yo mordentral is it predictable when the stable 4.20 version will be realesed

Comment

Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
                  ok. i don't plan to get to crazy by allowing a ton of objects to p3ush me around. but i should probably be good with doors right. i kept haveing to make crazy systems to handle blocking the player when i didn't want them to be able to go thru it. turns out unless i use an invisible wall, and put up with a glitchy door. you could grab the handle and just rush through without ever opening it, and the door just yields to you.

are there other serious issues you ran into. or is it just game physics being less fun when you can feel there micro collisions and jitters in game
                  ? The template door turns on and off simulation to block people from going through doors, it works fine.

Regardless, the main issue IS the micro stutters when being blocked, that can be really disturbing in VR.
                  Originally posted by SoLiDioS View Post
                  Yo mordentral is it predictable when the stable 4.20 version will be realesed
                  The engine or the plugin? Both a pretty stable in 4.20 right now. You could wait until 4.20.2 if you wanted too, but it likely isn't required.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is there something special I have to do to get clients to recognize my custom playerState? I set the Player State Class in SteamVR_GM in the example project to my custom player state, but when trying to access variables inside it the cast always fails on clients.

I haven't tested with multiple PCs, only 1 running multiple in engine players. Im in 4.18.

Edit: I tried to use a workaround by setting variables on Vive_Pawn character when it is spawned in Steam_VR_Player_Controller, but even then, it only sets the variable on the host and not the client.
                    Last edited by MagusShade; 08-03-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I've seen others having the same issue, but I just haven't found the solution ... I am trying to get the 4.19 VRExpPluginExample to run, I have followed the steps, but fail to get the soulution to build or the .uproject to run.

Steps taken:

Go to downloads and download 4.19 Locked .zip
                      Right click .uproject and switch to 4.19, it generates files
                      open .sln
                      build solution

results in ...
                      Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed

run .uproject

missing modules or built with different engine ...
                      VRExpPluginExample.dll
                      AdvancedSessions.dll
                      AdvancedSteamSessions.dll
                      OpenVRExpansionPlugin.dll
                      VRExpansionPlugin.dll

I have been able to build the VRExpansionPlugin and add it to an existing project, but I would love to be able to view the template to get a better understanding of how you put your interactions together.

Obviously many people are getting this to work, am I overlooking something?

Thanks
                      Last edited by slow_izzm; 08-03-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_izzm View Post
                        I've seen others having the same issue, but I just haven't found the solution ... I am trying to get the 4.19 VRExpPluginExample to run, I have followed the steps, but fail to get the soulution to build or the .uproject to run.

Steps taken:

Go to downloads and download 4.19 Locked .zip
                        Right click .uproject and switch to 4.19, it generates files
                        open .sln
                        build solution

results in ...
                        Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed

run .uproject

missing modules or built with different engine ...
                        VRExpPluginExample.dll
                        AdvancedSessions.dll
                        AdvancedSteamSessions.dll
                        OpenVRExpansionPlugin.dll
                        VRExpansionPlugin.dll

I have been able to build the VRExpansionPlugin and add it to an existing project, but I would love to be able to view the template to get a better understanding of how you put your interactions together.

Obviously many people are getting this to work, am I overlooking something?

Thanks
                        You need to build it for DevelopmentEditor, that is what the uproject uses.

Also what failed? Nothing should fail and you should just have "2 succeeded"

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You need to build it for DevelopmentEditor, that is what the uproject uses.

Also what failed? Nothing should fail and you should just have "2 succeeded"
                          mordentral thank you for your quick response,

I did build it for Development Editor ... here is my output:

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
                          2>------ Build started: Project: Studio, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
                          3>------ Build started: Project: VRExpPluginExample, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                          3>Performing full C++ include scan (building a new target)
                          3>Creating makefile for VRExpPluginExampleEditor (no existing makefile)
                          3>Parsing headers for VRExpPluginExampleEditor
                          3> Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:\Users\SlowIzzm\Documents\Self Interactive\Development\mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353\VRExpPluginExample.uproject" "C:\Users\SlowIzzm\Documents\Self Interactive\Development\mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353\Intermediate\Build\Win64\VRExpPluginExampleEditor\Development\VRExpPluginExampleEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
                          3>LogCompile : error : Failed to save header export preview: 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp'
                          3>LogCompile : error : Failed to save header export preview: 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp'
                          3>LogFileManager : error : MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s...
                          3>LogFileManager : error : MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s...
                          3>LogFileManager : error : Error moving file 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h'.
                          3>LogCompile : error : Error exporting AdvancedSteamSessions: couldn't write file 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamRequestGroupOfficersCallbackProxy.generated.h'
                          3>LogFileManager : error : MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s...
                          3>LogFileManager : error : MoveFile was unable to move 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h', retrying in .5s...
                          3>LogFileManager : error : Error moving file 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h.tmp' to 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h'.
                          3>LogCompile : error : Error exporting AdvancedSteamSessions: couldn't write file 'C:/Users/SlowIzzm/Documents/Self Interactive/Development/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353/Plugins/AdvancedSessions/AdvancedSteamSessions/Intermediate/Build/Win64/UE4Editor/Inc/AdvancedSteamSessions/SteamWSRequestUGCDetailsCallbackProxy.generated.h'
                          3>EXEC : error : UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'VRExpPluginExampleEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\SlowIzzm\Documents\Self Interactive\Development\mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353\Intermediate\Build\Win64\VRExpPluginExampleEditor\Development\VRExpPluginExampleEditor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)).
                          3>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" VRExpPluginExampleEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\SlowIzzm\Documents\Self Interactive\Development\mordentral-vrexppluginexample-8226c7a4d353\VRExpPluginExample.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                          3>Done building project "VRExpPluginExample.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
                          ========== Build: 2 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

EDIT: mordentral I got this to build and the .uproject to run, I downloaded .zip for 4.19 Locked AdvancedSessions and replaced plugin the example came with, resulting in ...

========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                          Last edited by slow_izzm; 08-04-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slow_izzm View Post

EDIT: mordentral I got this to build and the .uproject to run, I downloaded .zip for 4.19 Locked AdvancedSessions and replaced plugin the example came with, resulting in ...

========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Please put that in code brackets so it scrolls.

Your issue was that you left the download in the auto generated name folder that bitbucket creates, your file name length was too long for it to generate the files in those locations, remove all of the extra fluff characters that it added.

Also the reason it worked with the download is because it is already built for you.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Please put that in code brackets so it scrolls.

Your issue was that you left the download in the auto generated name folder that bitbucket creates, your file name length was too long for it to generate the files in those locations, remove all of the extra fluff characters that it added.

Also the reason it worked with the download is because it is already built for you.
                              mordentral Sorry about that, I am unfamiliar with the markdown syntax to make it scrollable.

I actually created a new folder with a much shorter folder name and moved all the contents inside, maybe I am misunderstanding. All is good though, adding that prebuilt download of AdvancedSessions got me up and running, digging through your example now ... greatly appreciate all you have done/continue to do for the UE4/VR community ... i'll be sure to catch you on patreon.
                              Last edited by slow_izzm; 08-04-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

hey mordentral. is there an callable event to change a gripable meshes grip type at run time. i wanted to make certain doors breakable in old abandoned places. everything works fine but if i leave it set to manipulation grip when the door is broken, it flails because it doesnt get grip rotaion. and if i set it to attach i can just walk off with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X