VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
    Hi! I Updated this plugin to 4.20 and managed to rebuild and start the project. Everything works fine in Server side, but when I join as client, My View is constantly set to 0.0.0. If I move the camera with mouse, it will almost instantly snap to place.

I haven't done any changes to VR Characters and so they are same as they were in previous version I used. has there been some changes to settings I need to make? Any idea where to start debugging this trouble?

edit: All the other movement logic works fine.
    edit2: Now that I think of, I tried to update the plugin to newer version before this also and had this same problem, I thought it was because it was bad release, But it seems I have something wrong maybe in blueprints? It is the same base-blueprint as it were somewhere around february.
    When you join as an FPS pawn correct? I made the characters be rotation authed on the server so that rollback works better for VR characters (the offset means they work differently than std engine characters).

You need to follow the last step of the migration guide from 4.18-4.19 to fix it (FOR FPS PAWNS ONLY): https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...19%20Migration
    This is already pre-set in the latest template but you are working off of a very old version.

Also I would suggest you follow the migration guides in the future.

As for 4.19 - 4.20, the migration requires no real special effort aside from the Interactible settings being removed.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi Mordentral. In my prototype for a game I have a spline that I am attempting to use a timeline to move the player along (like a rollercoaster). However, when the timeline ends, currently the player gets sent back to where they started, which I don't want. This only happens in VR, as the FPSVive_Pawn character exhibits the behavior I want.

I was wondering if there was some sort of behind the scenes system in place that is causing this position reset to happen? I tried turning off the Tick Events in Vive_PawnCharacter but the positional reset still happens.

I'm working in 4.18 if it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by MagusShade View Post
        Hi Mordentral. In my prototype for a game I have a spline that I am attempting to use a timeline to move the player along (like a rollercoaster). However, when the timeline ends, currently the player gets sent back to where they started, which I don't want. This only happens in VR, as the FPSVive_Pawn character exhibits the behavior I want.

I was wondering if there was some sort of behind the scenes system in place that is causing this position reset to happen? I tried turning off the Tick Events in Vive_PawnCharacter but the positional reset still happens.

I'm working in 4.18 if it matters.
        There is nothing special to the VRCharacter that should do that, how are you moving them? Manually? You need to be sure that you set movement mode to None or Custom if you are going to be manually moving a character, otherwise you will be fighting whatever the current movement mode is. You can also turn off ticking on the movement component but that is less clean.

Its possible that the FPS pawn is receiving no input so the movement mode doesn't process anything, however the VRCharacter receives vector input from the HMD movements and may process step up events and blocking during your custom spline setup.

*Edit* I'll note that I wouldn't expect a teleport back to the start even if you have a movement mode running, but I don't know what you are doing specifically.

You can try throwing in a RegenerateOffsetComponentToWorld call as well, however that is automatically done when the capsule is moved so it shouldn't be required.
        Last edited by mordentral; 07-26-2018, 09:06 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

There is nothing special to the VRCharacter that should do that, how are you moving them? Manually? You need to be sure that you set movement mode to None or Custom if you are going to be manually moving a character, otherwise you will be fighting whatever the current movement mode is. You can also turn off ticking on the movement component but that is less clean.

Its possible that the FPS pawn is receiving no input so the movement mode doesn't process anything, however the VRCharacter receives vector input from the HMD movements and may process step up events and blocking during your custom spline setup.

*Edit* I'll note that I wouldn't expect a teleport back to the start even if you have a movement mode running, but I don't know what you are doing specifically.

You can try throwing in a RegenerateOffsetComponentToWorld call as well, however that is automatically done when the capsule is moved so it shouldn't be required.
          With the change to the movement mode none in the character movement component, the Vive_PawnCharacter now stays in the correct place. However, its rotation still resets to the direction it was facing when it started. Is there a way to set a new "forward" direction for the headset?

The way I'm moving the Vive_PawnCharacter is with a timeline tracking alpha between 0 and 1, with a [Get Transform at Distance Along Spline] node and a [Set Actor Transform] node, in blueprints.

Comment

When i add this plugin am i supposed to get physical objects or is it just all code/blueprint things i can implement
            Last edited by Ryebread4; 07-26-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryebread4 View Post
              When i add this plugin am i supposed to get physical objects or is it just all code/blueprint things i can implement
              Not quite sure what you mean, if you are looking for examples they are in the Example Template download link, if you add just the plugin by itself you just get the base classes and backend, none of the sample content.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added new game to the list of use cases under WIP (beta is coming out)

Sleeping Dawn VR

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Quick video about 4.20 and whats going on currently.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Does anyone have a tip how to display the fps in VR mode?

Stat fps dont show more with 4.19/4.20

Comment

Cmd console: STAT.fps I think .... something like that

Comment

I was close ... STAT FPS
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post

Stat fps dont show more with 4.19/4.20
                          Stat fps dont show more with 4.19/4.20 in VR its outside of visible screen

Comment

Updated to 4.20 - Vive_PawnCharacter is dirty in the example project and upon compile, gripping doesn't work anymore. I'm trying to track down why but it could take me some time.

Edit: Actually it didn't take that long. In "Handle Grip or Drop" section on Event Graph, add "GripType.OnTrigger" to the Is Gripped branch and "DropType.OnTriggerRelease" to the other on the Relevant Gameplay Tags node.

Would be good to clarify in-case I've missed something.
                            Last edited by thyrf; 08-02-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thyrf View Post
                              Updated to 4.20 - Vive_PawnCharacter is dirty in the example project and upon compile, gripping doesn't work anymore. I'm trying to track down why but it could take me some time.

Edit: Actually it didn't take that long. In "Handle Grip or Drop" section on Event Graph, add "GripType.OnTrigger" to the Is Gripped branch and "DropType.OnTriggerRelease" to the other on the Relevant Gameplay Tags node.

Would be good to clarify in-case I've missed something.
                              I don't know how old your project is or what you moved over, I made some gameplay tag changes in 4.19 though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I don't know how old your project is or what you moved over, I made some gameplay tag changes in 4.19 though.
                                It was a fresh project, using migrated assets from the default branch: https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches

Comment

Working...
                                X