VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Then you aren't using the correct plugin version, I removed those strings from the build.cs because 4.20 was complaining about them.
    i approached it with a clear mind today and double triple checked and redownloaded. i have 4-20 versions of both vr plugin and advanced sessions. the ones offered on the homepage, the prebuilt binarys. its still failing.

not sure what. but it was something to do with my project, because it worked fine with a fresh build. honestly thats not really a bad thing for me. i kinda needed a clean slate start because of my sloppyness when i was first starting out. ill just migrate stuff as needed.
    Last edited by sphinix257; 07-20-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post

i approached it with a clear mind today and double triple checked and redownloaded. i have 4-20 versions of both vr plugin and advanced sessions. the ones offered on the homepage, the prebuilt binarys. its still failing.

not sure what. but it was something to do with my project, because it worked fine with a fresh build. honestly thats not really a bad thing for me. i kinda needed a clean slate start because of my sloppyness when i was first starting out. ill just migrate stuff as needed.
      Well Intermediate folders shouldn't be causing build.cs errors, however you should always delete those as well.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Well Intermediate folders shouldn't be causing build.cs errors, however you should always delete those as well.
        didnt work unfortunately.

edit. i am however now nested in to a fresh new project. and everything is up and running now. so i should be good from here.
        Last edited by sphinix257; 07-20-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

You need to upgrade to visual studio 2017 in 4.20, they removed 2015 support.
          According to the release notes it seems like they still support VS2015 Update 3.
          If they're wrong it wouldn't be the first time, though.

Comment

Originally posted by kusogaki77 View Post

According to the release notes it seems like they still support VS2015 Update 3.
            If they're wrong it wouldn't be the first time, though.
            Its "supported", you'll get some errors that you have to correct

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

hey mordentral. i think i asked this a long time ago before i knew enough to understand your answer. but do you have a system for dynamically scaling the player capsule height. so i could say crawl through small spaces. and still be blocked if im standing up

Comment

hey mordentral. i think i asked this a long time ago before i knew enough to understand your answer. but do you have a system for dynamically scaling the player capsule height. so i could say crawl through small spaces. and still be blocked if im standing up
                Yes you can dynamically scale the capsule height, but no you can't block the camera from moving up. You can darken vision and disable movement or run some kind of root offset yourself during that, but there is no-where to "push back" on Z movement.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes you can dynamically scale the capsule height, but no you can't block the camera from moving up. You can darken vision and disable movement or run some kind of root offset yourself during that, but there is no-where to "push back" on Z movement.
                  Ok. Ill work around that,. But how would i scale it in game

Comment

Ok. Ill work around that,. But how would i scale it in game
                    SetCapsuleHalfHeightVR is what you should use as it re-calculates the offset, the template has an unlinked section showing how to do this. Note that it also warns NOT to do this on tick and to be careful because it requires re-creating the physx body for changing the height (capsules don't just "scale" because it changes the cap size too then) and that is fairly expensive.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey mordentral,

This plugin works with steam or dedicated server? I tried to implement to my project for multiplayer vr but i couldn't succeed by the way I'm working on dedicated server. Could you please help me?

Comment

Originally posted by ugurcanuysal View Post
                        Hey mordentral,

This plugin works with steam or dedicated server? I tried to implement to my project for multiplayer vr but i couldn't succeed by the way I'm working on dedicated server. Could you please help me?
                        Yes it does, and no I can't help without more information here.

What do you mean doesn't work? You couldn't connect? You couldn't see the replicated controllers / hmd?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I saw your plugin's files in my project then i changed camera to replicated camera but it doesn't work when i run in dedicated server mode. HMD doesn't see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ugurcanuysal View Post
                            I saw your plugin's files in my project then i changed camera to replicated camera but it doesn't work when i run in dedicated server mode. HMD doesn't see anything.
                            Dedicated server mode in UE4 is broken for VR in 4.19 and earlier, they fixed it in 4.20.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you so much, i will try in 4.20.

Comment

Hi! I Updated this plugin to 4.20 and managed to rebuild and start the project. Everything works fine in Server side, but when I join as client, My View is constantly set to 0.0.0. If I move the camera with mouse, it will almost instantly snap to place.

I haven't done any changes to VR Characters and so they are same as they were in previous version I used. has there been some changes to settings I need to make? Any idea where to start debugging this trouble?

edit: All the other movement logic works fine.
                                edit2: Now that I think of, I tried to update the plugin to newer version before this also and had this same problem, I thought it was because it was bad release, But it seems I have something wrong maybe in blueprints? It is the same base-blueprint as it were somewhere around february.
                                Last edited by Frisco; 07-25-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X