Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Warner V View Post

    So I checked what I could find.. The "Event On Child Grip Release" in the DoorBP is called immediately after everything connected to "Event On Child Grip" has finished. However, on the PawnCharacter side, no InputAction(Release) is called - so it seems that the Grip Release is spontaneous (or maybe caused by something else, like the controller location being temporarily updated?).

    Any clues what to do next?
    Change the break distance to be really large on the door and see if it still does it.

    It sounds like it is auto dropping the object, you didn't change world to meters scaling or pawn scaling or the door scaling did you?


    Something has to be off about your setup, because it does it for no-one else. If it is a distance issue I can solve it, but I need to know what is causing it.

    *Edit* NVM I found a re-production, i'll look into fixing it, its the Justteleport flag not getting cleared if your hands are empty, manip grips by default drop on teleport.

    I guess not many of us use teleportation or if we do, we don't use manip grips right after, i'll have the fix up after my 4.20 at home finishes compiling shaders and will port it back to 4.19


    *Re-edit* Fix is live on 4.19 and 4.20, thanks for reporting, and thanks for mentioning teleporting, it brought me to the fix
    Last edited by mordentral; 07-18-2018, 06:08 PM.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

      Nice progress

      You went all out on the fracture generation on that cube

      Thankyou. This is a little over a month of weekends. There's alot of features that weren't active in the demo. The code base conforms to just about any kind of gun real or scifi, but is heavily work in progress. I still have much to add to this project.
      And yes. The cube is alot of fun but it has alot off issues and causes alot of lag.

      ​​​​​​​Also now that 4.20 is live i plan to port over and set roots in it. Are there any magor changes or game breakers i need to look out for. Im still deaply imbeaded in the 4.19 template character. something i need to work away from still.

      Comment


        Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post


        Thankyou. This is a little over a month of weekends. There's alot of features that weren't active in the demo. The code base conforms to just about any kind of gun real or scifi, but is heavily work in progress. I still have much to add to this project.
        And yes. The cube is alot of fun but it has alot off issues and causes alot of lag.

        Also now that 4.20 is live i plan to port over and set roots in it. Are there any magor changes or game breakers i need to look out for. Im still deaply imbeaded in the 4.19 template character. something i need to work away from still.
        4.20.0 is in a far better state that 4.19.0 was IMO. Usually I say to wait till .1 or so but its been stable for me since preview 3.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          how should i go about updating my project with the plugin. ive never been through the process.

          Comment


            Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
            how should i go about updating my project with the plugin. ive never been through the process.
            Delete entire plugin folder and replace it with the new one, then switch project to 4.20 by right clicking on the .uproject and compile.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1504131 unreal failed to compile and told me to rebuild manualy. and i get this error when i try to rebuild.

              Comment


                Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1504131 unreal failed to compile and told me to rebuild manualy. and i get this error when i try to rebuild.
                You need to upgrade to visual studio 2017 in 4.20, they removed 2015 support.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  i am using 2017 and getting the same problem. im really not sure whats wrong.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                    Change the break distance to be really large on the door and see if it still does it.

                    It sounds like it is auto dropping the object, you didn't change world to meters scaling or pawn scaling or the door scaling did you?


                    Something has to be off about your setup, because it does it for no-one else. If it is a distance issue I can solve it, but I need to know what is causing it.

                    *Edit* NVM I found a re-production, i'll look into fixing it, its the Justteleport flag not getting cleared if your hands are empty, manip grips by default drop on teleport.

                    I guess not many of us use teleportation or if we do, we don't use manip grips right after, i'll have the fix up after my 4.20 at home finishes compiling shaders and will port it back to 4.19


                    *Re-edit* Fix is live on 4.19 and 4.20, thanks for reporting, and thanks for mentioning teleporting, it brought me to the fix
                    YES! That made my day. Thanks so much for your help!

                    Note: I upgraded to 4.20 now and also had issues compiling as mentioned above (access issues with the build.bat file). My solution was to simply take the VrExpPluginExample, run that one, then copy the contents of the Plugin folder to my project. Not a very clean solution, but it worked for me (so far ).

                    Comment


                      Hey,
                      is there the possibility to define a custom gripping region? I dont want my pawn to be able to grip anywhere where the mash has a collision, but only at one end.
                      How could I do that?

                      Thanks!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Luckymator View Post
                        Hey,
                        is there the possibility to define a custom gripping region? I dont want my pawn to be able to grip anywhere where the mash has a collision, but only at one end.
                        How could I do that?

                        Thanks!
                        Socket grip. Add a VRGripP1 named socket to the mesh where you want the attachment point and VRGripS1 for a secondary for 2 handed grips.

                        In my project i found that if i dont do that it its will just default to the base style of griping

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post

                          Socket grip. Add a VRGripP1 named socket to the mesh where you want the attachment point and VRGripS1 for a secondary for 2 handed grips.

                          In my project i found that if i dont do that it its will just default to the base style of griping
                          Thanks for your answer.
                          I added the sockets, but how do I tell my grip to use them? "Requests Socketing" did not do the trick. And can i define the overlap radius of the socket?

                          EDIT:
                          I just checked what socketing does on the example map with the gun. Thats not quite what I want. When you pick up the gun, the handle is socketed to the hand, ok.
                          But what I want is, that you cant event pick up an object at one side. I have a needle, which is supposed to only be gripped at the "knob"
                          Last edited by Luckymator; 07-20-2018, 08:05 AM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Luckymator View Post

                            Thanks for your answer.
                            I added the sockets, but how do I tell my grip to use them? "Requests Socketing" did not do the trick. And can i define the overlap radius of the socket?

                            EDIT:
                            I just checked what socketing does on the example map with the gun. Thats not quite what I want. When you pick up the gun, the handle is socketed to the hand, ok.
                            But what I want is, that you cant event pick up an object at one side. I have a needle, which is supposed to only be gripped at the "knob"
                            Either use the socket and set the socket distance really large (covers the entire object), or override the GetClosestSocketInRange function and return true always and the offset that you want to grip at (can just be the socket location).

                            The gun is specifically made for being able to be free gripped or socketed, you can do either one, or both.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
                              i am using 2017 and getting the same problem. im really not sure whats wrong.
                              Then you aren't using the correct plugin version, I removed those strings from the build.cs because 4.20 was complaining about them.


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Luckymator View Post

                                Thanks for your answer.
                                I added the sockets, but how do I tell my grip to use them? "Requests Socketing" did not do the trick. And can i define the overlap radius of the socket?

                                EDIT:
                                I just checked what socketing does on the example map with the gun. Thats not quite what I want. When you pick up the gun, the handle is socketed to the hand, ok.
                                But what I want is, that you cant event pick up an object at one side. I have a needle, which is supposed to only be gripped at the "knob"
                                sorry it dawned on me after i was away that you may not be using the example template

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X