VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Yes, you would want to change world to meters when inside it if viewing from its eyes, if just a cockpit, then you don't need to do that.

Regardless if it is a cockpit then you don't want a VRCharacter, you want a std character with vr set to head relative instead of floor.
    Ok. I thought about it. As it would be neat. If it used modified player code so that it was basically a large player that could pick up large weapons and items just like the smaller normal player could. Just on a bigger scale and with an ik mesh.

Comment

Then delete all intermediate folders, generate files, and build it again. I don't see any invalid characters in the file path, that is a UBT error, its not really plugin related, generally it is a bad project path, corrupt generated files (intermediate folder), or a too long file path string.
      Nope, dont help have 3 errors on build after delete intermediate folder and generate new

I try for test the 4.18 locket version and work fine! 4.19 not.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mallory85; 07-11-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post

Nope, dont help have 3 errors on build after delete intermediate folder and generate new
        That helps, its complaining about a data type conversion with your compiler. Not entirely sure why just yours is complaining about it or why its treating it like a full on error (must have very strict compilation settings on your install), but its a simple fix.

Already committed a fix to the repository, its technically correct though it normally shouldn't be an error with standard settings.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for upload now work for me

Comment

Yes they do attach to the motion controller to pick up its late updates, you could also just add them to the motion controllers late update array instead, i was just being a little lazy when I set it up.

It shouldn't cause that error anyway, its allowed to re-attach components and they aren't set to replicate.
            Thanks. What does that exactly do? I removed the attach in beginplay and everything seems to work normally, but there is no error anymore? Is this safe to play like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco View Post

Thanks. What does that exactly do? I removed the attach in beginplay and everything seems to work normally, but there is no error anymore? Is this safe to play like this?
              I didn't mean attaching the teleport controllers, I meant attaching their sub components.

And it applies late updates to the components so they don't lag behind, I don't apply it to the square because then it clips with motion.

Like I said it can just use the AddtionalLateUpdateComponents array that I added to the motion controllers instead and function the same.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Has anyone had success with having more than 2 motion controllers on one pawn?

I can get a Vive Tracker successfully working if I remove one of the GripMotionControllers I am using for hands, but adding additional MotionControllers past 2 causes a crash on play. Wondering if it's the version I'm running on (4.18) or if there are some incorrect settings on my pawn.

Comment

Hello, i make a fresh Project with this Plugin not Template, i try to animadet my hands with Gruip Enum like in Epic VR Template but not work can you say me why?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post
                    Hello, i make a fresh Project with this Plugin not Template, i try to animadet my hands with Gruip Enum like in Epic VR Template but not work can you say me why?

Do me a favor and delete those images, shrink them or set their previews smaller.

But that is the animation setup that Epic uses, and the animation BP uses the grip Enum to set the current animation.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral I'm using the 4.18 version of your plugin because I want to use the Sphinx plugin for game play. What I want to know is, How do you get the ParentRelativeAttachment to stop moving down when the player looks down. Because its attached to the VRReplicatedCamera's pivot point. I have added a SkeletalMesh to the ParentRelativeAttachment and when I look down in the game the body slides down and its off putting. What is the best way to fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by seandennis View Post
                        mordentral I'm using the 4.18 version of your plugin because I want to use the Sphinx plugin for game play. What I want to know is, How do you get the ParentRelativeAttachment to stop moving down when the player looks down. Because its attached to the VRReplicatedCamera's pivot point. I have added a SkeletalMesh to the ParentRelativeAttachment and when I look down in the game the body slides down and its off putting. What is the best way to fix this problem.
                        Set the boolean on it for Foot mode and it will retain an offset from the floor instead.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, mordentral!
                          I have question about VR character movement working.
                          There is Actor Transform which is RootComponent transform of every actor. But in case of this plugin Root Component (VRRootComponent transform is HMD offset in virtual room) moved out from actual ActorTransform, and ActorTransform is virtual room coordinates, isn't it?
                          If I moves to something collision, the VR room will be got an offset in UE world.
                          But there are more cases when this offset occurs. Sometimes ActorLocation moved out from his start point while map is loading (throws in different directions).
                          Also there is case when HMD turned off, the ActorTransform will also be changed with VR Root Component.
                          And other implicit cases moves the VRRootComponent. How can I solve this?

Comment

Originally posted by broly View Post
                            Hi, mordentral!
                            I have question about VR character movement working.
                            There is Actor Transform which is RootComponent transform of every actor. But in case of this plugin Root Component (VRRootComponent transform is HMD offset in virtual room) moved out from actual ActorTransform, and ActorTransform is virtual room coordinates, isn't it?
                            If I moves to something collision, the VR room will be got an offset in UE world.
                            But there are more cases when this offset occurs. Sometimes ActorLocation moved out from his start point while map is loading (throws in different directions).
                            Also there is case when HMD turned off, the ActorTransform will also be changed with VR Root Component.
                            And other implicit cases moves the VRRootComponent. How can I solve this?
                            ummm, no offense but that was very difficult to read.

I think what you are saying is that you don't want the pushback? In that case either disable collision with the pawn on everything that you don't want to push back or enable the WalkingCollisionOverride mode which lets you do that separately from locomotion. It follows all of the normal engine collision channel rules.

As for spawn offsets, you need to wait for the initial Tracking system to be operational before spawning them offset to the start. On first clean boot the tracking system may not have valid values yet and a delay is required. I changed the template in 4.20 to account for this actually.

I specifically made the VRCharacter so still be roomscale offset from root, for one because it was a severe additional complication and challenge and it has been fun to work through it, and for two, because there are many cases where this is very useful, like retaining world to roomscale relative setups and correctly using chaperone bounds, as well as allowing for offset collision from the actual HMD and some other neat little tricks.

The SimpleVRCharacter on the other hand moves the character itself when the HMD moves, it is far less complicated and has its own uses for when that is the behavior that you want.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 07-13-2018, 10:40 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I can only find something that says: DEMO... So it's not usable? Show and tell only?? I have never seen something, harder to find or figure out than this. A hour of research and I know less than when I started.. That first page is like a TORNADO OF TEXT! NONE THAT EXPLAINS THINGS PLAINLY THOUGH What is it? How do you get it??? Is the demo the real thing and just SAYS 'demo' and 'example', even though it's not? (I have never known that to be the case, Demo generally means non-functioning waste of time, OR THAT'S IT'S INCOMPLETE.. .)

This is so frustrating! I've never seen anything presented like this. WHAT THE HECK IS IT?
                              Is there any place that says in one clear plain sentence WHAT THIS IS FOR? and/or: How to get the non-demo version IF THERE IS ONE?

THANKS!!!
                              Last edited by NextWorldVR; 07-14-2018, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NextWorldVR View Post
                                I can only find something that says: DEMO... So it's not usable? Show and tell only?? I have never seen something, harder to find or figure out than this. A hour of research and I know less than when I started.. That first page is like a TORNADO OF TEXT! NONE THAT EXPLAINS THINGS PLAINLY THOUGH What is it? How do you get it??? Is the demo the real thing and just SAYS 'demo' and 'example', even though it's not? (I have never known that to be the case, Demo generally means non-functioning waste of time, OR THAT'S IT'S INCOMPLETE.. .)

This is so frustrating! I've never seen anything presented like this. WHAT THE HECK IS IT?
                                Is there any place that says in one clear plain sentence WHAT THIS IS FOR? and/or: How to get the non-demo version IF THERE IS ONE?

THANKS!!!
                                If you'd only read a little further down it has links to the example template and plugin itself......

The reason that there is so much text is the plugin is around 2 years old at this point and has a ton of features.

The demo is the example template but packaged into a running sample.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X