No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey you said a while back you where removing the vr slider component. is there going to be an upgraded version. or is there just a better way you found to achieve the results. because i was kinda interested in the splined version i saw you demoing a while back. and it seemed more convent in blueprints for drawers

Comment

Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
      hey you said a while back you where removing the vr slider component. is there going to be an upgraded version. or is there just a better way you found to achieve the results. because i was kinda interested in the splined version i saw you demoing a while back. and it seemed more convent in blueprints for drawers
      i'm not removing the VR slider, i am removing the InteractibleSettings because the VRSlider makes it out of date (as well as the other interactibles and custom grips making the settings defunct).

In fact the 4.20 template uses the slider for the drawers now since the interatible settings is gone, the same slider that handles splines.
      Last edited by mordentral; 06-25-2018, 09:42 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

i'm not removing the VR slider, i am removing the InteractibleSettings because the VRSlider makes it out of date (as well as the other interactibles and custom grips making the settings defunct).

In fact the 4.20 template uses the slider for the drawers now since the interatible settings is gone, the same slider that handles splines.
        Cool. That is very helpful. Because I liked using it. i must have read your message wrong at the time.

Would you advise it for a tracking solution on a bolt action rifle or have you seen better easier ways

Comment

Cool. That is very helpful. Because I liked using it. i must have read your message wrong at the time.

Would you advise it for a tracking solution on a bolt action rifle or have you seen better easier ways
          If you want a basic linear sliding bolt it is fine (can have a rotated spline so the bolt auto rotates into position even), if you want a totally realistic one with a hard lock, then a rotation, then I wouldn't. It would be easy enough to achieve with a custom grip to get the exact perfect behavior you want for an advanced one, and the template has an example custom grip slider that includes rotation like a lever as well that you could base it off of.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for putting together this great plugin. I had one question - is there a straightforward way to implement Z-axis movement (I just want to be able to float in the air and come back down)?

Comment

Originally posted by snakeviper1776 View Post
              Thanks for putting together this great plugin. I had one question - is there a straightforward way to implement Z-axis movement (I just want to be able to float in the air and come back down)?
              Well...there is a flying movement mode?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Changed use project "Contagion VR: Outbreak" from WIP to Early Access.

It released today

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is it possible to grip a component from your own character? The first quick tests I tried didn't work (wouldn't grip), and before looking into it, I thought I'd just quickly ask if it's possible by design first. I wanted to grip a child component, move it around, and then on grip-release take the resulting relative transform of the child, apply the delta to the parent, and then re-zero out the child gripped component.
                  Last edited by MagicBots; 06-30-2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBots View Post
                    Is it possible to grip a component from your own character? The first quick tests I tried didn't work (wouldn't grip), and before looking into it, I thought I'd just quickly ask if it's possible by design first. I wanted to grip a child component, move it around, and then on grip-release take the resulting relative transform of the child, apply the delta to the parent, and then re-zero out the child gripped component.
                    Yes, but you'd have to change the overlap / trace checks for gripping so that they don't ignore their parent actor. Currently they ignore "self" on tracing, its a simple fix in the GetClosestObject function.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

At what point do you add games to your list. Ive started work towards my vertical slice for the last month and im expecting it into closed alpha by the end of the year.

Comment

At what point do you add games to your list. Ive started work towards my vertical slice for the last month and im expecting it into closed alpha by the end of the year.
                        Generally when it has some sort of media available and at the creators request.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for your work on an awesome plugin, you're a legend!

I'm looking for some help running the plugin with a full IK character.

1. I'm using the binary download of the plugin, version 4.19 from 1st May 2018 and UE 4.19.0 and can't see the GetIKMesh() function. Was it introduced in a later version? How can I access it?

2. My characters skeletal mesh is detached from the VRCharacter and it's location is updated per tick to an estimated pelvis location. I need the VRRootReference collision capsule to follow it. What is the best way to do that, or would it be better to attach it to the VRRootReference and set it's location?

Comment

Originally posted by graysan View Post
                            Thanks for your work on an awesome plugin, you're a legend!

I'm looking for some help running the plugin with a full IK character.

1. I'm using the binary download of the plugin, version 4.19 from 1st May 2018 and UE 4.19.0 and can't see the GetIKMesh() function. Was it introduced in a later version? How can I access it?

2. My characters skeletal mesh is detached from the VRCharacter and it's location is updated per tick to an estimated pelvis location. I need the VRRootReference collision capsule to follow it. What is the best way to do that, or would it be better to attach it to the VRRootReference and set it's location?
                            The VRRoot updates it collision to the HMD location, you can simply attach the skeletal mesh to the ParentRelativeAttachment component and set the UseFloor boolean on it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Gathering up some updates from the past days into one set of notes, some of these are ported back from the 4.20 branch that is up so if you keep track of those commits there will be some features missing as they are 4.20 only.

I'll note that the updates are a little light since last posting, this is because the 4.20 migration was pretty hefty and has taken a lot of testing and some bug reports to epic.

4.20 will have more changes that I will wait to list when it is live.

Code:
                               Adding a high precision replication option for Quantized Transforms  
                              vrexp.RepHighPrecisionTransforms  
                               When enabled the FTransform_NetQuantize that the plugin uses no longer quantizes at all.  
                               Don't use this....it is for very special cases and will crash clients if the  
                               value differs. I didn't want it to impact standard usage of the plugin.  

Generally you should try and keep your precision to 2 decimal places as that is  
                               the engines default for multiplayer.  However I have a specific user that requires full precision as he is working with 10,000th
                              scaled objects in multiplayer.  
                              I repeat, don't use this feature unless you have a specific need for it.    

Corrected the network smoothing setup, no longer runs smoothing on ticks that include rotation, also delays the movement of the root
                              comp during smoothing steps to avoid an extra positional update. Smoothing should be functional and usable again with the
                              VRCharacter, however it is still defaulted to off.  

Converted the GestureTrackingComponent to use a timer for updates, it made a lot of sense to move it over to that instead.
                              It no longer ticks.  

Added momentum retention to the slider component.  

Added Restitution to the slider and lever components (when momentum retention is on they can bounceback from their endpoints).  

Removed the max limits on the Lever and Slider components MaxMomentum property, there isn't really a reason for me to
                              enforce a value here.  

Added a check for in Editor drawing of the player capsule so that it correctly offsets upwards in preview, this is because
                              I run the capsule location at bottom == actor zero compared to engine default of center == actor zero.
                              Offsetting it upwards shows the  correct preview window for component layout.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I may have found a bug with the "navigation" movement mode. If you hold something in your hand while using it you move around like crazy in a zig zag pattern and not reach your target until you drop the object. I used the 4.19 example project. Is there maybe an easy fix for that and is it known?

Comment

Working...
                                X