• Show
Clear All

No 4.18 no upgraded

So what exactly do I have to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post
      No 4.18 no upgraded

So what exactly do I have to do now?
      if you load the profile then it should offset the grips for you when you hold an object at the socket then. There is no need for an offset when held outside of a socket as its relative.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok i load you can see here but have no effect

Comment

I have a spawn Problem with Vive,

i spawn in World not at the position of "Player Start" It depends on where my headset is in the room where I appear in the game!

is there a possibility that i start exactly at the player start spawn no matter where the headset is in the real world?

Comment

I have a spawn Problem with Vive,

i spawn in World not at the position of "Player Start" It depends on where my headset is in the room where I appear in the game!

is there a possibility that i start exactly at the player start spawn no matter where the headset is in the real world?
            Offset the spawn by it, the reason its not automatic is because I would have to make a custom game mode as well, also in multiplayer you have to query the client as to their offset before spawning. That being said the template does offset by HMD location, though it needs to have an additional delay for it to wait for valid tracking data in some situations.
            Last edited by mordentral; 06-19-2018, 12:27 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Offset the spawn by it, the reason its not automatic is because I would have to make a custom game mode as well, also in multiplayer you have to query the client as to their offset before spawning. That being said the template does offset by HMD location, though it needs to have an additional delay for it to wait for valid tracking data in some situations.
              Sorry my english is not so good, did you write a solution?

and can you say me why the Controller Profile dont work? https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...60#post1491160

Comment

Sorry my english is not so good, did you write a solution?

and can you say me why the Controller Profile dont work? https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...60#post1491160
                Because you are on 4.18, you have to manually use the profile in 4.18 if you aren't using the template (the template already implements it). You use the node OffsetByControllerProfile to alter the socket transform for the profile, the 4.18 template has an example of this.

https://mordentral.bitbucket.io/VREx...erProfile.html

In 4.19 and beyond it automatically handles it inside of the controller itself if you have it enabled.

And yes, on spawn offset the spawn location by the HMDs location to account for the offset, again this is also shown in the example template.
                Last edited by mordentral; 06-19-2018, 02:55 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes i use the Template but where i can find the example?

Comment

Yes i use the Template but where i can find the example?
                    Player controller for the spawning, GripDropOrUseObject_Clean function for the profile offset.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Is it correct?

Edit: Work Thank you man

Only i dond unterstand what I have to do to spawn on the same point if Player Start No matter where the headset is in room
                      Last edited by JUDGE DREDD VR; 06-20-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Hi every one! First of all, I'm really sorry to ask help for something as simple as this, but I'm kind of beginner in Unreal.

I've been trying to install this plug-in for the last two days at home, but it doesn't work.

I did try to follow the step by step tutorial, but it seems that it is a bit outdated... I even got a few 404 error in the links. I installed Visual Studio with all the C++ plug-ins, SDK for windows 10 and the SDK 8.1 and I still get errors every where

I'm on 4.19.2. Anybody could give me a hand on this? :-S

Comment

When I package, the plugin doesn't seem to be active. The camera falls straight to the ground and the game doesn't start in VR.

Any tips? I've added the correct line to my project's Build.cs, building the project's solution in Visual Studio completes with no errors, and the package itself completes with no errors.

Am I forgetting something?

Comment

Originally posted by mechanicalsnowman View Post
                            When I package, the plugin doesn't seem to be active. The camera falls straight to the ground and the game doesn't start in VR.

Any tips? I've added the correct line to my project's Build.cs, building the project's solution in Visual Studio completes with no errors, and the package itself completes with no errors.

Am I forgetting something?
                            Make sure you are using the correct game mode and player controller?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by bdec View Post
                              Hi every one! First of all, I'm really sorry to ask help for something as simple as this, but I'm kind of beginner in Unreal.

I've been trying to install this plug-in for the last two days at home, but it doesn't work.

I did try to follow the step by step tutorial, but it seems that it is a bit outdated... I even got a few 404 error in the links. I installed Visual Studio with all the C++ plug-ins, SDK for windows 10 and the SDK 8.1 and I still get errors every where

I'm on 4.19.2. Anybody could give me a hand on this? :-S
                              What errors specifically? the VS installation is the same as for the engine at large.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Make sure you are using the correct game mode and player controller?
                                Lol I was like "Does this guy think I'm some kind of amateur?"

The actual issue was I forgot to check on "Play in VR"

Edit: I have another strange problem now, I'm wondering if you might know anything about why this happens. Overlap events don't fire in a packaged game, with the VRRootReference querying Overlap and End Overlap.

I searched and found this https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...and-build.html but with no solution, I've never had this issue before in any previous projects and this is a completely new project, any clues about why? Will do some further checks to see if it happens with non-plugin overlaps, to see if it's a general engine issue or plugin specific.
                                Last edited by mechanicalsnowman; 06-20-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X