VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaver47 View Post
    Hi! i have a problem with objects that i grip.. when i grip something and i move my character the object don't stay steady on my hand but have a sort of "lag"... if i shake my hand quickly the object fly away. How can i fix this?
    Thank you for all the work on this plugin, is awesome!
    You are using a physics based grip (the default one), Either increase the stiffness of the grip by a lot or change to a non physics grip type. Depending on the weight of the held object you might need a significantly higher grip stiffness than the default setting of 1500 to hold it steady.

This wiki entry has the grip types listed (some of the naming is rather unfortunate, it made more sense when they were created): https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...tionController

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey,

First of all, thank you for your plugin, very useful!

I have a suggestion for something I think is missing.
      It would be nice if the Grippable Components had an Event Dispatcher On Grip and On Grip Release.

So for example if a handle is gripped, then it sends an event that can be used to put the Door itself in the player hand and then to release it, or that kind of things.

Comment

Hi Mordentral, just a quick question
        what's the best way to skip ue encroachment checking when teleporting using your perform move action teleport?
        in order words we would like to pass a bNocheck = true to TeleportTo function

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by DonutsBastien View Post
          Hey,

First of all, thank you for your plugin, very useful!

I have a suggestion for something I think is missing.
          It would be nice if the Grippable Components had an Event Dispatcher On Grip and On Grip Release.

So for example if a handle is gripped, then it sends an event that can be used to put the Door itself in the player hand and then to release it, or that kind of things.
          That is something that you can directly add to any component or actor yourself and is kind of overkill to provide as part of the grippables. Its easy enough to add a new delegate in the blueprint editor and OnGrip fire it off with whatever data you need.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Curs0 View Post
            Hi Mordentral, just a quick question
            what's the best way to skip ue encroachment checking when teleporting using your perform move action teleport?
            in order words we would like to pass a bNocheck = true to TeleportTo function

thanks in advance
            For now? Add a custom one to use. *Edit nvm*

For the future (IE: when I am out of this beta branch I am working in) I have some extra data room on the teleport to move action since I am only replicating Yaw, i'll throw a bool into one of the unused floats and replicate it as a bool and add the encroachment option for the default node.

I'd like to avoid adding any more straight replicated vars to the move actions if possible.

*Edit* The change is already in my beta branch i'll port it out, shouldn't matter

*Re-edit* Master branch of both repositories has it live
            Last edited by mordentral; 05-24-2018, 10:23 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
              *Re-edit* Master branch of both repositories has it live
              it works like a charm, many thanks

Comment

Pushed a new commit to both repositories

Binaries won't be built until later tonight, will edit when they are done

Plugin

Code:
                Added bSkipEncroachmentCheck to the PerformMoveAction_Teleport function

Fixed some string property sizes in the OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary

Added OnPlayerStateReplicated bindable event to the VRCharacters, will fire off when the
                player state has replicated over (every time it is changed, if you only want it once
                then unbind after it is done). Useful for initial player set up on clients.

Corrected a fatal crash issue with how Epic is currently checking motion controllers
                for IsLocallyOwned.

Fixed SecondaryGripTypes with the Retain option being broken in some situations when
                using client authoritive grips.

Now only setting simulating server side on drop of a non client authority grip to avoid
                a replication race condition.

Improved the network overhead of client authoritive grips by replacing some of the
                RPC properties with GripIDs now that GripIDs are standard. Also am now using a seperate
                drop function for client auth grips instead of re-using the modification one to save
                on replication cost.

Moved the SetIsHeld call to before calling OnGrip so that there is a valid IsHeld during
                operations in that event.

Added bSetOwnerOnGrip to AdvancedGripSettings, when true (default) gripping an actor
                will automatically set its owner to the motion controllers owner (if it is a pawn).
                (does not apply to component grips)

On grip release it DOES NOT RESET OWNER, keep this in mind

Added bAllowIgnoringAttachOnOwner to all Grippable *actor* types, when true (default)
                the actor will ignore replicated attachment sends when the grippables GripMovementType
                is set to Client_Authority or Client_Authority_NoRep, this is to prevent the replication
                from interfering with client side control of attachment in these modes.

Overrode OnRep_ReplicateMovement to bypass them not setting the simulated state
                if the movement replication had been off for awhile and the state had toggled in the meantime.

Added DropAndSocketGrip/Object functions to the grip controllers. This dedicated function
                will drop a grip and attach it to the passed in scene component with the transform / socket
                that was given.

Added bool bWasSocketed to the OnGripRelease and OnChildGripRelease events in the GripInterface.
                When true the grip was dropped with a socketing function.

Added RequestsSocketing function to the interface, allows querying if the object wants to be socketed.
                (On release / general queries), by default has no functionality, override it to return a value.
                Template

Code:
                Overhauled how the teleport controllers get the player state and set themselves up a bit.

Added socketing capability to the sample gun for the body component on the example pawn.

Added a socketing check to the VivePawnCharacter in the CallCorrectDropEvent area of the event graph (really simple).
                More complex implementations could skip querying the object and check themselves, or do other things.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Uploaded the precompiled binaries

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello mordentral. I downloaded your plugin in Februrary and been using it ever since. There was a problem, where Project/ Engine crashed when the garbage collection was done. I overrided it by basically disabling the garbage collection. Now I'm in the Engine 4.19.2 and remembered that. I changed value again to 61.Something (the original) and the crashing still happening. Is there still a engine bug or was there something in project that I still got? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
                      Hello mordentral. I downloaded your plugin in Februrary and been using it ever since. There was a problem, where Project/ Engine crashed when the garbage collection was done. I overrided it by basically disabling the garbage collection. Now I'm in the Engine 4.19.2 and remembered that. I changed value again to 61.Something (the original) and the crashing still happening. Is there still a engine bug or was there something in project that I still got? Thank you.
                      It was the engine, and it should be fixed now

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Sometimes I got crash: `check(PhysicsGrips.Num() <= (GrippedObjects.Num() + LocallyGrippedObjects.Num()));`

What that causes? And why crash, not warning?

Comment

Originally posted by broly View Post
                          Sometimes I got crash: `check(PhysicsGrips.Num() <= (GrippedObjects.Num() + LocallyGrippedObjects.Num()));`

What that causes? And why crash, not warning?
                          Its not a "crash" it is an ensure (quits out to debug in editor/debug builds, doesn't in packaged shipping), and the latest version just throws a warning anyway (as of last week).

The cause is you deleting something when there is an active physics grip on it without dropping it first, its to promote good behavior.

Regardless I had gotten tired of people reporting this so last week I made it a warning and added some additional auto cleanup of constraints that are left hanging.

You just ran into it at the wrong time (right after it was fixed but you are likely on the version before the fix).

*Edit* "fixed" btw, I don't see it as having been a bug as it means incorrect behavior was being used, but there wasn't a reason for it to be so harsh.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 05-30-2018, 09:18 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Did a small patch to fix FTransform 16 bit alignment in 32 bit builds from my latest changes.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey!

I getting this error and im not sure how to figure it out. Its when i do the package of the plugin.

ATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): Picking the default remote server
                              UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): ERROR: Remote compiling requires a server name. Use the editor (Project Settings, IOS) to set up your remote compilation settings.
                              UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): Doing xcode-select --print-path
                              UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): ERROR: Failed to start local process for action ("A folyamat nem ind?that? el, mert nincs megadva f?jln?v."): -o BatchMode=yes "${CURRENT_USER}@" "cd "/" && xcode-select --print-path"
                              UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): Took 1,4631563s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
                              UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): ERROR: Command failed (Result:5): d:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Game IOS Development -project="D:\Unreal Projects\VRSword\VRExpansionPlugin\HostProject\HostProject.uproject" -iwyu -module=VRExpansionPlugin -receipt="D:\Unreal Projects\VRSword\VRExpansionPlugin\HostP
                              roject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Binaries\IOS\UE4Game.target" -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2018.06.03-13.54.59.txt'
                              UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): (see d:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UAT_Log.txt for full exception trace)

UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
                              UATHelper: Package Plugin Task (Windows): BUILD FAILED
                              LogSlate: Window 'Plugins' being destroyed
                              LogSlate: Window 'Plugins' being destroyed
                              LogDirectoryWatcher: A directory notification for '../../../Engine/Plugins/' was aborted.
                              LogDirectoryWatcher: A directory notification for '../../../../../../Unreal Projects/VRSword/Plugins/' was aborted.

I think its try to build the package for IOS, or something like that and thatswhy its always fail for me. I tryed a lot fix from google but its a dead end... atleast for me. Please help me if you know how to get rid of the IOS problem!!
                              Last edited by Redswift83; 06-03-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

How do you do snap turning with pitch?

Example case

Lets say every time the delta of the mouse Y axis over time is + or - 30, then apply a + or - 10 pitch offset to the vr replicated camera.
                                Note 1: Don't rotate the characteror vr root, since this rotates everyting (aka the whole character mesh and causing it to fly in the air)
                                Note 2: Since its VR the client should directly apply the rotation and the server may do it later and replicate this to clients (except the client it started from)
                                Last edited by TQwan; 06-03-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X