Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ceasing iteration on the plugin itself for a bit (its pretty stable) while I attempt to get a clean template project up. I realize that some of the more recent advanced features are difficult to get in to, so the need for a sample is more evident now than before.

    I can't release my demo as a template due to having marketplace assets in it, I need to make a clean slate empty level with some basic object implementations and movement / grip controls instead.

    This will take a little bit to finish as I want it to be a good example and not thrown together so I will be thinking about best object hierarchies and implementations for the starting example objects.

    I also intend to showcase some time saving things and settings that I have run into for VR that are useful.
    Last edited by mordentral; 11-08-2016, 11:54 AM.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Fantastic, looking forward to it.

      Thanks!

      Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      Ceasing iteration on the plugin itself for a bit (its pretty stable) while I attempt to get a clean template project up. I realize that some of the more recent advanced features are difficult to get in to, so the need for a sample is more evident now than before.

      I can't release my demo as a template due to having marketplace assets in it, I need to make a clean slate empty level with some basic object implementations and movement / grip controls instead.

      This will take a little bit to finish as I want it to be a good example and not thrown together so I will be thinking about best object hierarchies and implementations for the starting example objects.

      I also intend to showcase some time saving things and settings that I have run into for VR that are useful.

      Comment


        Best of luck on it. Lots of great stuff in this plugin. Having a clean example or template would definitely help though.

        Comment


          Hmmm, was a lot easier to get going than I expected working off of my original character (thought refactoring would take longer). I should have a basic template using the Epic VR Template map (and their teleportation) by the end of this weekend. Its stable already but I want to throw a few movement methods and some other things in.
          Last edited by mordentral; 11-11-2016, 11:50 PM.


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            Video going over the first days worth of features to the template, I hope to have the rest of the basics done and uploaded tomorrow.



            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Hi Mordentral, this looks awesome.

              Comment


                Template is "done" enough to prove useful, link is at the main post as well as below and an overview video is up for it.

                This template was done over Sat/Sunday so it isn't the cleanest thing to ever grace this earth, but it does currently provide examples of a bunch of the features of the plugin.

                I will keep adding to it as I find time (including multiplayer examples).

                Plugin Example Template Repository

                https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vrexppluginexample




                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Very nice.

                  Comment


                    Having a blast playing around with this, I am currently blocking out a desk to try the drawer functionality more thoroughly. Compared to the last build everything feels a lot better, especially the latest iteration on the rifle grip stuff.

                    Also sent you a PM, mordentral. Good work!

                    Comment


                      Hi mordentral,

                      This plugin and now template are so incredibly helpful, cool and educational! Thanks for putting the time into sharing what your working on, and also providing access to the files for others AND creating a template and Documentation to make life even easier.

                      I have one quick NOOB question.

                      If we want to clone a repository to get updates to your template...should we:

                      clone the template repository only
                      It includes the VRexpansionPlugin. I assume updates to the VR expansion plugin would also be reflected in the template?

                      Thanks again and sorry if this is a stupid question!
                      Michael Wentworth-Bell
                      Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                      Melbourne, Australia

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by michaelwbell View Post
                        Hi mordentral,

                        This plugin and now template are so incredibly helpful, cool and educational! Thanks for putting the time into sharing what your working on, and also providing access to the files for others AND creating a template and Documentation to make life even easier.

                        I have one quick NOOB question.

                        If we want to clone a repository to get updates to your template...should we:

                        clone the template repository only
                        It includes the VRexpansionPlugin. I assume updates to the VR expansion plugin would also be reflected in the template?

                        Thanks again and sorry if this is a stupid question!
                        If you want to keep the template as a reference yes that would work, I will be keeping the templates plugin version up to date with the most stable version of the plugin.

                        Originally posted by gausswerks View Post
                        Having a blast playing around with this, I am currently blocking out a desk to try the drawer functionality more thoroughly. Compared to the last build everything feels a lot better, especially the latest iteration on the rifle grip stuff.

                        Also sent you a PM, mordentral. Good work!
                        Well rifle plugin setup didn't really change, granted the template does every correctly when the demo didn't as it was constantly in flux.

                        I'll check my PMs tomorrow
                        Last edited by mordentral; 11-15-2016, 09:11 PM.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Pushed an Update to the template

                          Code:
                          Fixed an old component left over from Epics teleport component that was stopping gripping when swapping hands.
                          
                          Added a laser beam function to the new teleport component, system button on the motion controllers enables it.
                          
                          Updated to latest plugin version
                          Next planned updates are more interactible objects and giving a demo for the hip/body tracking and attaching items to your body.

                          Also pushed an update to the plugin

                          Code:
                          Added Sphere/Box/Capsule Grippable Collision components
                          Last edited by mordentral; 11-15-2016, 09:18 PM.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Hi thanks for this great plugin! Its big fun to play with it.
                            One little thing: I am not shure if i am doing something wrong, when i try to build the project for win64/32, it fails and i get the message "AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)".

                            Comment


                              what version of the engine is this for? I tried 4.13.2 but it wants to rebuild the plugins

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Gavan View Post
                                what version of the engine is this for? I tried 4.13.2 but it wants to rebuild the plugins
                                I don't pre-build, you will have to build it yourself as it is compatible with both 4.13 and 4.14 at the moment.

                                Originally posted by showpixel View Post
                                Hi thanks for this great plugin! Its big fun to play with it.
                                One little thing: I am not shure if i am doing something wrong, when i try to build the project for win64/32, it fails and i get the message "AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)".
                                dunno, it builds fine and that doesn't sound like a plugin issue.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X