X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushed a new commit to the repository

Code:
     Fixing Center of mass with scaled root bones and scaled meshes  

Also now using the full root bone transform instead of just rotation for correction.  
    (This fixes cases where weirdly scaled / transformed root bones were screwing up physics grips).    
     Using the actual body instances rotation for the center of mass calc now instead of the
     calculated world transform one (in case they differ).  

Added cvar to turn on COM visualization for grips  
     "vr.DrawDebugCenterOfMassForGrips"

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the repository

TEMPLATE

Code:
      Removed the Interactible.Door/Lever/Dial gameplay tags, they aren't needed for the template.
      Rather people define their own categories if they use them for that.

Removed UseSeperateTouchSockets from the gameplay tags and from being used in the BP character.
      Now that BP controller profiles exist I would rather that they be used instead as they do this in a better
      manner anyway.

Set the FPS test pawn to the Oculus_Touch controller profile so that objects align correctly.
      PLUGIN

Code:
      Adding log message warning of interactible setting deprecation when trying to grip an object using it
      Think 4.20 is the patch that I finally remove this capability and force interactibles
      and custom grips instead.

Added events that are thrown on the motion controllers for when an object is
      gripped and dropped. This is useful for feedback like hand attachment and
      hiding or specific operations based on what was gripped. (ported back to 4.18 as well)

Renamed DenyGripping interface event to "IsDenyingGrips" for blueprints.
      Having the node show up as a callable node was not considered when it was originally added.
      The function name remains the same so C++ should require no changes.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi Mordentral,

While updating my setup to 4.19 for my Vive Pro I noticed that in your latest template version there seems to have an issue with double gripped scaling where the secondary grip location seems to use the primary gripped location or something to that effect. To be sure it's in the template and not something with my setup, I downloaded the version of the template from today ( bcdec50 ) and checked in there directly by scaling the console actor you have in the level, and it has the same issue as my scalable objects. If you try scaling the console actor there, you'll see what I mean. It's somehow scaling towards the primary gripped location currently and not a spot between both grips.

Comment

I started listen client without HMD by using `-emulatestereo` in commandline. This causes all connected clients are not working correctly (goes out from character's body and teleport turned off).
          Same behavior if used dedicated server.

Why? Are there ways to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBots View Post
            Hi Mordentral,

While updating my setup to 4.19 for my Vive Pro I noticed that in your latest template version there seems to have an issue with double gripped scaling where the secondary grip location seems to use the primary gripped location or something to that effect. To be sure it's in the template and not something with my setup, I downloaded the version of the template from today ( bcdec50 ) and checked in there directly by scaling the console actor you have in the level, and it has the same issue as my scalable objects. If you try scaling the console actor there, you'll see what I mean. It's somehow scaling towards the primary gripped location currently and not a spot between both grips.
            mmm, just noticed that too, i'll fix it.

*Edit* Yeah fixed, it was a bug from changing a bunch of the BP nodes in 4.19 to smooth out some logic, accidentally was passing in a null transform.
            The latest version of the 4.19 template has it fixed now.
            Last edited by mordentral; 05-02-2018, 09:02 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by broly View Post
              I started listen client without HMD by using `-emulatestereo` in commandline. This causes all connected clients are not working correctly (goes out from character's body and teleport turned off).
              Same behavior if used dedicated server.

Why? Are there ways to fix it?
              No idea, that was kind of vauge as to what the issue is, but emulate stereo isn't that good to begin with, you can emulate a headset in the SteamVR drivers themselves with some config edits.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

mmm, just noticed that too, i'll fix it.

*Edit* Yeah fixed, it was a bug from changing a bunch of the BP nodes in 4.19 to smooth out some logic, accidentally was passing in a null transform.
                The latest version of the 4.19 template has it fixed now.
                Thanks for the fix. I think I just found another little bug with "Event Tick Grip" in the interface. That event doesn't seem to be firing any more. I noticed my VR sliders setup wasn't behaving the same as it was before so I put a print statement after "Event Tick Grip" and it doesn't print with the new template. Checked and made sure my tick was enabled etc.
                Last edited by MagicBots; 05-03-2018, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the fix. I think I just found another little bug with "Event Tick Grip" in the interface. That event doesn't seem to be firing any more. I noticed my VR sliders setup wasn't behaving the same as it was before so I put a print statement after "Event Tick Grip" and it doesn't print with the new template. Checked and made sure my tick was enabled etc.
                  No it fires, if it didn't then none of the interactibles would work anymore, it requires the Custom grip type or you ticking on AlwaysTickGrip in the motion controller settings.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey,
                    I'll be using this fantastic plugin in very short time for a demo I'm developing...I checked your patreon and notice that the goal for the tutorials was reached, but ( at least on your youtube channel ), there's nothing, so are those available only for Patreons or are still in standby?
                    I kinda had my way around all the features, but I notice lately a lot of request for tutorials, so I was wondering if you're planning some
                    ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Originally posted by Enter Reality View Post
                      Hey,
                      I'll be using this fantastic plugin in very short time for a demo I'm developing...I checked your patreon and notice that the goal for the tutorials was reached, but ( at least on your youtube channel ), there's nothing, so are those available only for Patreons or are still in standby?
                      I kinda had my way around all the features, but I notice lately a lot of request for tutorials, so I was wondering if you're planning some
                      I only went over one so far (custom grips), lost 90% of my free time over the winter after that.

I'm planning on going back to them again, first up is I wanted to go over the general concept of the interactibles that are in, and a very very basic gripping setup.

Regardless, don't expect a ton of tutorials from me, its a lot of time investment for something I am not all that good at, I want to keep them mostly to the hardest to grasp concepts.

The Q&A I did ended up being far more useful as it directly answered peoples questions live and I could show examples, I would like to do more of those.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 05-03-2018, 11:48 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

No it fires, if it didn't then none of the interactibles would work anymore, it requires the Custom grip type or you ticking on AlwaysTickGrip in the motion controller settings.
                        Ah ok, thanks it's firing and printing now for some gripped components after checking "always send tick grip" on the motion controllers, however it still isn't firing when gripping my vr slider component.. i made sure all my overlap/collision settings etc are the same on the slider component. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work for specific components like the vrslider?
                        Last edited by MagicBots; 05-04-2018, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I only went over one so far (custom grips), lost 90% of my free time over the winter after that.

I'm planning on going back to them again, first up is I wanted to go over the general concept of the interactibles that are in, and a very very basic gripping setup.

Regardless, don't expect a ton of tutorials from me, its a lot of time investment for something I am not all that good at, I want to keep them mostly to the hardest to grasp concepts.

The Q&A I did ended up being far more useful as it directly answered peoples questions live and I could show examples, I would like to do more of those.
                          I perfectly understand that, so for me the important thing is the update of the plugin itself and the bug fixes, so tutorials are not vital, but Q&A is also a nice addition
                          ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Ah ok, thanks it's firing and printing now for some gripped components after checking "always send tick grip" on the motion controllers, however it still isn't firing when gripping my vr slider component.. i made sure all my overlap/collision settings etc are the same on the slider component. Is there anything else I need to do to get it to work for specific components like the vrslider?
                            It fires for VRSlider, otherwise the slider wouldn't move, you are likely confusing where to expect the event. It is fired on the gripped object itself, not the containing parent, so if you are expecting to work with it from a slider then you need to subclass the slider itself and use it in there.

If you were to grip the actor itself though, then it would fire in the actor context. I also wouldn't enable GripTick globally unless you have a very good reason to, it is just additional overhead on most grips. Its fairly useless unless on a custom grip as you can use ticks or timers for normal grips, the only special thing about GripTick is that I fire it off in the controllers ticking time so you don't have to worry about tick order with it and when the player / controllers move.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 05-04-2018, 08:17 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi Mordentral, here's the crash report for the steeringwheel issue. Thanks again for your help, I will support you on patreon end of this month.
                              For other readers, this is about an issue I posted about in the comment section on youtube: https://youtu.be/1aK6I_LkxsY
                              The issue in short: Replace mesh of steeringwheel in Sedan blueprint -> enter play mode -> grab steering wheel (works fine) -> release steering wheel results in hard Engine crash everytime.
                              A current succesfull workaround is to add a staticmesh component to the steeringwheel inside the blueprint, change the mesh in there and leave the steeringwheel itself alone (apart from making it invisible).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mayena View Post
                                Hi Mordentral, here's the crash report for the steeringwheel issue. Thanks again for your help, I will support you on patreon end of this month.
                                For other readers, this is about an issue I posted about in the comment section on youtube: https://youtu.be/1aK6I_LkxsY
                                The issue in short: Replace mesh of steeringwheel in Sedan blueprint -> enter play mode -> grab steering wheel (works fine) -> release steering wheel results in hard Engine crash everytime.
                                A current succesfull workaround is to add a staticmesh component to the steeringwheel inside the blueprint, change the mesh in there and leave the steeringwheel itself alone (apart from making it invisible).
                                Mmm, yeah appears to be an editor error being thrown, it is really obtuse though and doesn't give any real indication of what is going wrong.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X