Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    No I have never seen it, I would expect it to be a socket offset but can't really tell remotely.
    it was socket. it was rotated 70 degrees down. strang. it looked like it before. but i may could have messed it up. even though i really dont know why i would have touched that setting or why it only struck new instances with that issue.

    thankyou. its fixed now

    Comment


      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

      4.18 there was me forgetting to update the plugin information file, it is ignorable as the actual template is on 4.19

      As for a blank project, are you sure you opened the correct one / the correct map?
      thanks man. It works fine right now. Started just new project with your template. Few months of fun, thank you!

      Comment


        Pushed a new commit to the plugin

        Code:
        Took a pass over the capsule height replication, had to fix it for simulated clients Also wanted to clean it up and its use.
        
        Moved the VRReplicateCapsuleHeight boolean to the character instead of the movement component as it makes more sense there.
        
        Use SetCharacterHalfHeightVR() node to properly set capsule height for replication.
        
        If you only need two states, crouch and standing, its better to still use the Crouch commands as they are more efficient


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Hi, thank you for this plugin, is really awesome. Is there a way to make the object you grab collide with environment like walls and block the hand? like when you grab the disk of echo arena or a part of the robot of RoboRecall ? thank you

          Comment


            Originally posted by [B][URL="https://forums.unrealengine.com/member/343029-reaver47
            Reaver47[/URL][/B];n1463418"]
            Hi, thank you for this plugin, is really awesome. Is there a way to make the object you grab collide with environment like walls and block the hand? like when you grab the disk of echo arena or a part of the robot of RoboRecall ? thank you
            I'll assume that you haven't tried it yet? The default grip that every object uses unless you change it is a physics one that is blocked by geometry.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Hi,

              I'd like to implement the VR Expansion Plugin's climbing functionality into a project I'm working on. I'd like to use the motion controller pawn that comes with Unreal/Tom Looman's VR Template level, though (its just simpler for me to read and work with, and I also want to maintain its grip animations and bones etc - additionally, I’m, on Oculus). How would you recommend I go about implementing the climbing functionality from the vive pawn character in my project?

              Would copying the group of climbing functions and variables from the vive pawn character blueprint to Unreal’s motion controller pawn work? Or are there other things in the vive pawn character that aren’t specifically labelled "climbing" that this functionality relies on? Any help would be very much appreciated.

              (As you can probably tell, I'm not too experienced with blueprints -- I'm comfortable working with materials, textures, and basic interaction/events, but less so with functions, components, etc.)

              I saw several semi-related posts on this topic in posts above (have spent hours crawling through the forum), but nothing that conclusively answered it, and maybe more importantly, the most recent of these posts came almost a year ago, and I’m sure some things have changed since.

              Additional note: I’m still using 4.18.3.

              Thanks so much once more (you helped me access a past version of template level via PM) for your excellent work on this open source project.

              Comment


                This is the best VR Plugin ever !!! Tank you so much !!!!

                One question: I play in editor, sometimes it's show hands mesh, sometimes not (show vive controller). How to fix that!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by MrBigWill View Post
                  This is the best VR Plugin ever !!! Tank you so much !!!!

                  One question: I play in editor, sometimes it's show hands mesh, sometimes not (show vive controller). How to fix that!
                  There are a bunch of nodes highlighted in red in the character that implement steamVR's auto model loading.

                  They are getting deprecated anyway when epic fixes the model loading on the motion controllers. If you delete the nodes that reference the procedural mesh it will keep just the mesh hands.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by detlefholz View Post
                    Hi,

                    I'd like to implement the VR Expansion Plugin's climbing functionality into a project I'm working on. I'd like to use the motion controller pawn that comes with Unreal/Tom Looman's VR Template level, though (its just simpler for me to read and work with, and I also want to maintain its grip animations and bones etc - additionally, I’m, on Oculus). How would you recommend I go about implementing the climbing functionality from the vive pawn character in my project?

                    Would copying the group of climbing functions and variables from the vive pawn character blueprint to Unreal’s motion controller pawn work? Or are there other things in the vive pawn character that aren’t specifically labelled "climbing" that this functionality relies on? Any help would be very much appreciated.

                    (As you can probably tell, I'm not too experienced with blueprints -- I'm comfortable working with materials, textures, and basic interaction/events, but less so with functions, components, etc.)

                    I saw several semi-related posts on this topic in posts above (have spent hours crawling through the forum), but nothing that conclusively answered it, and maybe more importantly, the most recent of these posts came almost a year ago, and I’m sure some things have changed since.

                    Additional note: I’m still using 4.18.3.

                    Thanks so much once more (you helped me access a past version of template level via PM) for your excellent work on this open source project.
                    Well if you want multiplayer then no, you can't really port it. If you just want single player, you still can't port it directly as it uses a custom movement mode for the character, but you can take the general concept and apply it. Same BP nodes except instead of using the climbing input node, you just set pawn position instead.

                    That being said, it won't have collision or step up or velocity on release, that would be up to you to implement then, the default template pawn doesn't have that kind of movement logic.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                      There are a bunch of nodes highlighted in red in the character that implement steamVR's auto model loading.

                      They are getting deprecated anyway when epic fixes the model loading on the motion controllers. If you delete the nodes that reference the procedural mesh it will keep just the mesh hands.
                      Got it!
                      Tanks for the reply.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                        Well if you want multiplayer then no, you can't really port it. If you just want single player, you still can't port it directly as it uses a custom movement mode for the character, but you can take the general concept and apply it. Same BP nodes except instead of using the climbing input node, you just set pawn position instead.

                        That being said, it won't have collision or step up or velocity on release, that would be up to you to implement then, the default template pawn doesn't have that kind of movement logic.
                        Ah, so you recommend using your vive pawn character and porting some of the more Oculus friendly features and animations/bones from the motion controller pawn to it, rather than the reverse (or what I initially proposed)? And I'm working on a single-player experience. The two forms of locomotion I'd like to include in it are teleportation and climbing.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by detlefholz View Post

                          Ah, so you recommend using your vive pawn character and porting some of the more Oculus friendly features and animations/bones from the motion controller pawn to it, rather than the reverse (or what I initially proposed)? And I'm working on a single-player experience. The two forms of locomotion I'd like to include in it are teleportation and climbing.
                          Nah, climbing in itself is very easy to do, I was just warning that it would be positional only unless you implemented the rest yourself.

                          Although not sure what you mean by oculus friendly, the template is just a set of examples, the plugin itself doesn't care what headset is used and the hands used in the template are the same, I just have them being overridden by default to show the model loading.

                          As for ease of use, yes, you are totally correct there , I wouldn't suggest my plugin for people looking for a simple base, its for advanced implementations.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                            Nah, climbing in itself is very easy to do, I was just warning that it would be positional only unless you implemented the rest yourself.

                            Although not sure what you mean by oculus friendly, the template is just a set of examples, the plugin itself doesn't care what headset is used and the hands used in the template are the same, I just have them being overridden by default to show the model loading.

                            As for ease of use, yes, you are totally correct there , I wouldn't suggest my plugin for people looking for a simple base, its for advanced implementations.
                            By Oculus friendly, maybe I just meant my-skill-level-friendly, lol, insofar as it's straightforward for me to tweak some of the button bindings so the Rift's "grab" button rather than trigger handles grabbing, while the trigger handles "activation," etc. And all the while maintaining the appropriate grab animations.

                            For someone looking to incorporate climbing into their project, where would you point them to? Did you address this in the Q&A video you did some months ago? Or is there a segment of the wiki you'd suggest concentrating on? I'm very much willing to learn, but unsure exactly where to begin. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by detlefholz View Post

                              By Oculus friendly, maybe I just meant my-skill-level-friendly, lol, insofar as it's straightforward for me to tweak some of the button bindings so the Rift's "grab" button rather than trigger handles grabbing, while the trigger handles "activation," etc. And all the while maintaining the appropriate grab animations.

                              For someone looking to incorporate climbing into their project, where would you point them to? Did you address this in the Q&A video you did some months ago? Or is there a segment of the wiki you'd suggest concentrating on? I'm very much willing to learn, but unsure exactly where to begin. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
                              My climbing is a custom movement mode, you turn it on, and then pass in the offsets you want, its used for more than just climbing, the general concept is just to get the hands difference from where you want it to be on the gripped object and then move the pawn to place the hand back there again. So if you were to custom code it for a base pawn, its just storing initial grip location on the object, and moving the pawn by the inverse of the CurrentPosition - InitialPosition (just initial position - current position also works as it already negates it).


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Hi mordentral,

                                Sorry I have a question again. I am using your plugin and added a skeletal mesh on the Vive_PawnCharacter with basic IK redirecting the hand location to my motion controller while I am holding nothing and to a socket on a static mesh while I am holding a gun (the static mesh).
                                I noticed the IK was slightly delayed when the motion controller transform was plugged in the FABRIK node and it is fine.
                                But severe delay occurs when I plugging in the transform of the socket on the gun static mesh and it is very noticeable.
                                The problem get worst when I am holding the gun and moving around the map with DpadHover movement and the hand absolutely could not stick with the socket transform.
                                Is there any way to let the hand keep up with the gun especially when I am travelling in the map?

                                Thanks in advance!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X