VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Those "errors" don't tell me anything, there is no actual error message there.

Post the rest of the log

I did recently move some inline functions around to help with ps4, I know a couple of users are already on the platform.
    Just virgin demo-project without any my changes. Though I packaged other PS4 projects without your awesome VR plug-in and it's goes well ofc. Here your log:

Attached Files

Comment

@mordentral
      Hi there! The plugin looks great, I've had my eyes on it for a while. I want to see the example scene because I need the setup for the vehicle. I successfully installed the plugin for 4.18 and downloaded 4.19 to check out this map. When I generate the Visual Studio files, I can successfully build the project there. When I try to open it, I get multiple error messages regarding missing modules. I deactivated all plugins and still have the error with a missing AdvancedSteamSessions.dll. I tried to move the contents to a new 4.19 project, but then the map I need is completely broken and misses a floor, guns and the car.

I'll try to download a new VS version since I was using 2015 until now. Maybe it's that.

EDIT: Same problem as before. It builds just fine without errors or warnings in VS, but if I try to open it:

"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
      UE4Editor-AdvancedSteamSessions.dll
      UE4Editor-OpenVRExpansionPlugin.dll
      Would you like to rebuild them now?"

Yes -> "VRExpPluginExample could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually."
      Last edited by Lichtdrache; 04-11-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lichtdrache View Post
        @mordentral
        Hi there! The plugin looks great, I've had my eyes on it for a while. I want to see the example scene because I need the setup for the vehicle. I successfully installed the plugin for 4.18 and downloaded 4.19 to check out this map. When I generate the Visual Studio files, I can successfully build the project there. When I try to open it, I get multiple error messages regarding missing modules. I deactivated all plugins and still have the error with a missing AdvancedSteamSessions.dll. I tried to move the contents to a new 4.19 project, but then the map I need is completely broken and misses a floor, guns and the car.

I'll try to download a new VS version since I was using 2015 until now. Maybe it's that.
        The template download is a complete package, it has both of the plugins it uses already packaged in with it, you just have to compile it as-is. If you downloaded the plugin separately you shouldn't.

If compilation is an issue for you, the current template should be compatible with the pre-built 4.19 binaries of both plugins as well. I have Advanced Sessions packaged in for the server browser portion of the example template.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Vemaster View Post

Just virgin demo-project without any my changes. Though I packaged other PS4 projects without your awesome VR plug-in and it's goes well ofc. Here your log:
          Ah, well that was easy to diagnose, the real issue was right at the top of the log.

Disable the AdvancedSteamSessions module in the plugins list, there is no Steam binaries packaged out for PS4 and since you left the module enabled it is expecting them.

I don't use that module in the template anywhere currently, it is just active by default when AdvancedSessions is installed.

You'll likely also want to disable the SteamVRExpansion module since that is also unusable in PS4, it will show BP errors for the few nodes that the main character uses from it so you can just delete them. I wrap all of the OpenVR functions in pre-compiler checks so it might package out with it enabled, but the nodes will do nothing.

the last warning is it complaining about some logical syntax, their compiler isn't as fine with it as others are, i'll clean that up too, it would still build with it, but errors messages clutter the screen and it is a valid warning that should be fixed anyway.
          Last edited by mordentral; 04-11-2018, 08:26 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

@mordentral
            I don't have the two problematic plugins installed for 4.19. (AdvancedSteamSessions, OpenVRExpansionPlugin). The build does work according to VS (both 2015 and 2017), but I still get this error when I try to open it. The .dll of these modules exist though.

What do you suggest? Installing both plugins for the 4.19 engine and try to compile Plugin Example Template Repository again?

Comment

@mordentral
              I don't have the two problematic plugins installed for 4.19. (AdvancedSteamSessions, OpenVRExpansionPlugin). The build does work according to VS (both 2015 and 2017), but I still get this error when I try to open it. The .dll of these modules exist though.

What do you suggest? Installing both plugins for the 4.19 engine and try to compile Plugin Example Template Repository again?
              Build for Development Editor, that is the one that opening the editor requires.

His problem is PS4 specific, its unrelated.

The plugin won't "auto compile" when launching the editor, has to be done from visual studio. AFAIK that message box only works with engine folder installed plugins.
              Last edited by mordentral; 04-11-2018, 08:52 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ah, well that was easy to diagnose, the real issue was right at the top of the log.

Disable the AdvancedSteamSessions module in the plugins list, there is no Steam binaries packaged out for PS4 and since you left the module enabled it is expecting them.

I don't use that module in the template anywhere currently, it is just active by default when AdvancedSessions is installed.

You'll likely also want to disable the SteamVRExpansion module since that is also unusable in PS4, it will show BP errors for the few nodes that the main character uses from it so you can just delete them. I wrap all of the OpenVR functions in pre-compiler checks so it might package out with it enabled, but the nodes will do nothing.

the last warning is it complaining about some logical syntax, their compiler isn't as fine with it as others are, i'll clean that up too, it would still build with it, but errors messages clutter the screen and it is a valid warning that should be fixed anyway.
                Thank you very much sir, but, can you give me a tip please - how can I disable SteamVRExpansion module? IDK how to this do but also I can't to find any mentioning of this in source files too to just delete them...
                Last edited by Vemaster; 04-11-2018, 09:11 AM. Reason: grammar fix

Comment

Thank you very much sir, but, can you give me a tip please - how can I disable SteamVRExpansion module? IDK how to this do but also I can't to find any mentioning of this in source files too to just delete them...
                  Go to the top of the editor, and the Plugins menu

You can turn off any module in the engine from there.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral
                    Thank you so much for your help so far! I wasn't referring to a comment from another user, I'm sorry if this caused confusion. My error message in the first post just happened to contain this:

I did follow all the steps from the readme:
                    I downloaded the Plugin Example Template Repository
                    I right-clicked and made sure it says 4.19
                    I generated the VS files
                    I opened the .sln in VS and selected the Development Editor Win64
                    I build solution (also tried to clean or build it individually)
                    It finishes without errors and warnings
                    I open the .uproject and get the errors mentioned above

Did I make a mistake at some point or did I forget something?

The Plugin Example Template Repository is the only one that contains the complete car, right? Or can I find it somewhere else?

Comment

Go to the top of the editor, and the Plugins menu

You can turn off any module in the engine from there.
                      Sorry, but I'm a little confused... Do you mean a whole OpenVRExpansion plugin by naming it as SteamVRExpansion module, so you say that I just should turn it off?
                      Last edited by Vemaster; 04-11-2018, 10:08 AM. Reason: VRExpansion > OpenVRExpansion

Comment

Sorry, but I'm a little confused... Do you mean a whole OpenVRExpansion plugin by naming it as SteamVRExpansion module, so you say that I just should turn it off?
                        No, in the actual editor there is a menu item called "Plugins", it shows visual list of all enabled plugins, you can disable those two in there. Just turn them off and they won't package out.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral
                          Thank you so much for your help so far! I wasn't referring to a comment from another user, I'm sorry if this caused confusion. My error message in the first post just happened to contain this:

I did follow all the steps from the readme:
                          I downloaded the Plugin Example Template Repository
                          I right-clicked and made sure it says 4.19
                          I generated the VS files
                          I opened the .sln in VS and selected the Development Editor Win64
                          I build solution (also tried to clean or build it individually)
                          It finishes without errors and warnings
                          I open the .uproject and get the errors mentioned above

Did I make a mistake at some point or did I forget something?

The Plugin Example Template Repository is the only one that contains the complete car, right? Or can I find it somewhere else?
                          Nope, that should be working, what platform are you on that those two aren't compiling? You can open the uproject and remove the OpenVRExpansionPlugin from the list of modules it uses, and you can delete the two modules that aren't compiling, but if there truly is no warnings than it should load fine.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

@mordentral
                            I have Windows 10. I tried to turn it off before (I simply selected enabled: false in the .uproject), but I still get the error regarding AdvancedSteamSessions. The only way I was able to get rid of this one as well was by removing the AdvancedSteamSessions folder. It doesn't seam to be a good idea though because the project crashes if I want to start it afterwards.

Comment

@mordentral
                              I have Windows 10. I tried to turn it off before (I simply selected enabled: false in the .uproject), but I still get the error regarding AdvancedSteamSessions. The only way I was able to get rid of this one as well was by removing the AdvancedSteamSessions folder. It doesn't seam to be a good idea though because the project crashes if I want to start it afterwards.
                              Ok, how long is the file path you have the project at? it can fail to generate files if the file path is too long.

Otherwise you might want to try with a clean build again or by deleting the saved folders since you changed some things.

I put my comp on building a fresh copy from the template download just in case this morning and it loaded fine.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

@mordentral

Wow, that was it! I tried around for hours, even changed to a pc with different admin rights, but it seems as if my path was always too long. I didn't suspect this at all since I'm only a few folders deep, but it works if I try the same steps directly in the D: folder.

Thank you so much for your help! I'll try to play around in the scene now.

Comment

Working...
                                X