Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Pushed 4.19 live with pre-packaged binaries

I'll make a list of patch notes later, a little busy atm.
    Where i can now Download the 4.18 Template?

Comment

How i can Deactivate Climbing on many Meshes for examples Walls?

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post

Where i can now Download the 4.18 Template?

How i can Deactivate Climbing on many Meshes for examples Walls?
        The commit right before the 4.19 merge is the 4.18 template, I don't keep back versions because I want to be able to delete the repository history since its working with large binaries.

As far as climbing, there is a function CanObjectBeClimbed, override it and return true/false depending on whatever you decide to use as the criteria.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

The commit right before the 4.19 merge is the 4.18 template, I don't keep back versions because I want to be able to delete the repository history since its working with large binaries.
          I cant find can give me a link?

Comment

I cant find can give me a link?
            https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...bd4c561327cad0

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I dont understand where is the Download Link?

"The commit right before the 4.19 merge is the 4.18 template"

if i try this new template start in 4.18 have many errors

does anyone still have the original zip?
              Last edited by Mallory85; 03-15-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Just follow this tutorial: https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...0or%20template

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Easy way is to just tell all the meshes to ignore VR trace channel. Actually just default channel setting to ignore then set it to block on SM you want to climb in the collision settings. and obviosly on anything you want to interact with
                  In League

Comment

Like I promised, 4.19 patch notes (not including the ones I listed in last patch notes). 4.19 Took a lot of base code changes so I stepped in and started modifying some of how the character works on a fundamental level. Eventually this will continue farther, I am looking at overhauling a significant part of it.

Code:
                    Fixed a crash Epic introduced with their new OnControllerUpdated event, they were calling it in the
                    render thread as well causing a crash. This will effect all default motion controllers, need to report it.

Also converted the motion controller tracking source to use the setter so that the Mixed Reality
                    plugin is initialized correctly.

Adding bSupports depth back to stereo layer widgets

Added override for the grippable static mesh actor to allow turning off relative location
                    repping on its root component.

This lets you set the root component to replicates (fixes some issues with how they replicate
                    attachment and the like) while avoiding the extra overhead of also replicating its relative locations.

Also left the new component in so people can use it for their own uses (non grippable static mesh
                    component overrides with movement rep off optional, ect).
                    Setting sub component replicate movement to true by default for grippable actors.

Added movement replication controllable component to the skeletal mesh actor as well.

Fixing a problem with my floor offset for PhysFalling where it could slow down
                    the ending floor detection when transitioning to walking.

Now I am checking for a valid landing spot when the floor find is within that
                    offset as well.

Fixed movement base being set for climbing movement mode (grabbing on to something while on a moving platform could
                    have you still follow the thing you are standing on, no longer happens).

Updated stereo widget component a bit, problems in UE4 with orientation with stereo layers for steam
                    are prevelent, unsure how to fix, pretty sure Epic is incorrectly converting the rotation from
                    ue4 FTransform to OpenVR Matrix. May find the fault and submit a bug report some time.

Set stereo widget to tick during physics (post movements) so that the player movement doesn't apply a
                    visual stutter to it. Will transition entirely over to Epics world locked when it eventually works correctly...

Added prelim slider snapping implementation

Slider now auto sets parent if the parent attachment is a spline

Slider also now has a "SetSliderProgress" node that will set the progress to whatever
                    you pass in to it 0.0 - 1.0

Simplified the spline following and made it follow scale "more" correctly than before.

Added GetIKMesh function to VRBaseCharacter, lets us use epics new optimization during
                    move combining with skeletal meshes.

Entirely optional, but if there is an IK mesh, it would be best to override the function and
                    pass in your IK mesh.

Cleaned up teleport, moved the teleport grips to the TickGrip instead so we use the final transform.

This also prevents multiple calls from breaking it and forces it to come in after all move actions and movement
                    is performed.

Added support for movement actions to be queued up with multiple in a frame instead of limited
                    to 1. There is no longer a limitation on them.

Changed it so that ClientSide_Authoritive grips pass up the objects velocities on release.
                    They were not doing so before so throwing behavior could feel off.

Added bRunControlRotationInMovementComponent If true will run the control rotation in the CMC instead of in the player controller
                    This puts the player rotation into the scoped movement (perf savings) and also ensures it is properly rotated prior to movement.

This is the prefeered setting currently, someday I may remove control rotation entirely from the movement system to fix a bunch
                    of issues, but for now this helps.

Added scoped movement to many more sections of the character, significantly saving perf (over and above default engine characters even).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to use your latest example project with 4.19 engine.

Anyway I found a bug in the 'MotionControllerMap,umap file (the MotionControllerMap).
                      On line 46 there is this value: DropType.DropOnRelease
                      I think it was removed in (or renamed from) the Game tags and therefore it now generates an warning.

I think it might be related to the Car that is placed in the map, since the text before the DropOnRelease is 'DriverRearExitLocation_GEN_VARIABLE'.
                      However when I go over all the properties of the Car in the Map and no field contains the DropOnRelease.
                      The GEN_VARIABLE seems to indicate that it might have come from c++, however I can't find it in any c++ file.

So I perhaps to fix this the car has to be removed and readded, however I guess this problem might occur in the future again when something changes.
                      Is there a more permanent solution to fix this?

Comment

Cannot resolve the cset

Comment

Originally posted by TQwan View Post
                          Hi, I'm trying to use your latest example project with 4.19 engine.

Anyway I found a bug in the 'MotionControllerMap,umap file (the MotionControllerMap).
                          On line 46 there is this value: DropType.DropOnRelease
                          I think it was removed in (or renamed from) the Game tags and therefore it now generates an warning.

I think it might be related to the Car that is placed in the map, since the text before the DropOnRelease is 'DriverRearExitLocation_GEN_VARIABLE'.
                          However when I go over all the properties of the Car in the Map and no field contains the DropOnRelease.
                          The GEN_VARIABLE seems to indicate that it might have come from c++, however I can't find it in any c++ file.

So I perhaps to fix this the car has to be removed and readded, however I guess this problem might occur in the future again when something changes.
                          Is there a more permanent solution to fix this?
                          Yeah that is a stale tag, it doesn't actually effect anything as it was the default button anyway. I don't add gameplay tags anywhere in c++ so its purely a blueprint thing.

I just haven't gotten around to finding it and removing it since it doesn't hurt anything and is only in the sample content.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Cannot resolve the cset
                            I put up a 4.18 locked branch for now because others were asking, you can download that one.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello mordentral. Could you point me right direction if I want to create a system, where the location of the picked up object only follows XY plane and not the Z. Basically I want to be able to push and drag things with me, without them going above the ground or starting to rotating with Z plane.. I have been trying to look your code and find out correct place, but there are so huge amount of code that eventually I got lost. Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
                                Hello mordentral. Could you point me right direction if I want to create a system, where the location of the picked up object only follows XY plane and not the Z. Basically I want to be able to push and drag things with me, without them going above the ground or starting to rotating with Z plane.. I have been trying to look your code and find out correct place, but there are so huge amount of code that eventually I got lost. Thank you very much!
                                Well to start, you can actually use a VRSlider for that and set max/min X/Y and leave Z at 0 and it will follow your hand on X/Y with no rotation and no Z influence.

If you want hand directional input for rotation as well then its likely going to be a custom setup for you with a custom grip. I was playing with it but there are too many options for how people would want things rotated.

So for that case you would want to look at the Custom grip tutorial I put up and some some of the shortcut nodes to make a slider that you control the rotation of manually. The basics are a leveled forward direction that the object is placed in (relative transform to) and zero out the Z axis, you really need to make sure that the transform you create for the hand is a leveled one though (projected onto 2D Plane) or the object will receive some offset due to hand rotation.

*Edit* and if you want it to be unbound, the same setup as the slider but with no clamping would do
                                Last edited by mordentral; 03-19-2018, 09:09 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X