Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

    I need to add a delay to the client spawn to wait for their tracking information to be correct, just haven't bothered with it yet. Initially on launch it can be early enough that the game doesn't have a valid HMD location/rotation so it doesn't spawn them with the correct rotation offset.

    It doesn't have to do with your calibration direction though, the pawn spawns with a zero transform which is world X forward.

    You can go into the player controller and see where it spawns the pawn and modify behavior there, that is just a template setup so that 2D pawns can be used for testing.
    Got it, thanks a lot!

    Comment


      Hello, can you help me? I followed official manual and added plugin to my project. After restart (both plugins are enabled) i see only C++ files. How can i get blueprints like people in this thread? Did I missed something?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Jacubson View Post
        Hello, can you help me? I followed official manual and added plugin to my project. After restart (both plugins are enabled) i see only C++ files. How can i get blueprints like people in this thread? Did I missed something?
        The template has a bunch of the plugin implemented as examples, if you don't want to reference the template though you can just create blueprints with those c++ classes as their parents (or in grippable component cases, just add them to an actor).


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          How can I detect/request if an actor is grabbed?

          Comment


            Originally posted by sandermann View Post
            How can I detect/request if an actor is grabbed?
            OnGripped and OnGripReleased are two interface events that are called.

            As for request that it be gripped, GripObjectByInterface will grip it with the settings that it wants.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Great plugin! Excited to use the multiplayer replication feature.

              When I was attempting to build the solution file, the build fails and gives me this error. Any insight?

              2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll

              Comment


                Just adding some more output from the logs, in case it helps.

                Here is some information from the "Output".
                Code:
                1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
                2>------ Build started: Project: AssetTesting, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UE4.vcxproj]
                1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\AssetTesting.vcxproj]
                2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UE4.vcxproj]
                2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.props(31,3): warning MSB4011: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Makefile.props" cannot be imported again. It was already imported at "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.cpp.props (31,3)". This is most likely a build authoring error. This subsequent import will be ignored. [C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\AssetTesting.vcxproj]
                2>Distributing 6 actions to XGE
                2>--------------------Project: Default-------------------------------------------
                2>UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll (0:00.39 at +0:00)
                2>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'ws2_32.lib'
                2>
                2>Error executing C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe (tool returned code: 1181)
                2>---------------------- Done ----------------------
                2>
                2>    Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped
                2>
                2>
                2>
                2>
                2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll
                2>Total build time: 1.49 seconds (XGE executor: 0.00 seconds)
                2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" AssetTestingEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\AssetTesting.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                2>Done building project "AssetTesting.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
                ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

                Here is some information from the "Error List"
                Code:
                Error    MSB3075    The command ""C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" AssetTestingEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\AssetTesting.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.    AssetTesting    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets    41    
                Error        Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll    AssetTesting    C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR    1    
                Error    LNK1181    cannot open input file 'ws2_32.lib'    AssetTesting    C:\Users\Deadline PC\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\LINK    1

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ZeroBytes View Post
                  Great plugin! Excited to use the multiplayer replication feature.

                  When I was attempting to build the solution file, the build fails and gives me this error. Any insight?

                  2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\AssetTesting 4.18\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll
                  Your compiler is installed incorrectly, there are no plugin errors in that, just it having problems with a base dll.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    Pushed 4.19 live with pre-packaged binaries

                    I'll make a list of patch notes later, a little busy atm.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                      Your compiler is installed incorrectly, there are no plugin errors in that, just it having problems with a base dll.
                      So do I just uninstall it and re-install it again? I have done this twice already. I followed the exact same installation steps for UE4 and on your wiki.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ZeroBytes View Post

                        So do I just uninstall it and re-install it again? I have done this twice already. I followed the exact same installation steps for UE4 and on your wiki.
                        Make sure you have windows 8.1 components installed when you install it, you can add it after the fact too.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                          Make sure you have windows 8.1 components installed when you install it, you can add it after the fact too.
                          I was able to resolve this issue using a different uninstaller that removes all stale installations of VS2015 and earlier.

                          A new problem I am experiencing, when replacing my current VR Pawn with the VRCharacter, the height of the character is much larger than the previous version. How can I set the default height to be lower than what it is currently set to? I played with some of the settings that all had to deal with height, and nothing changed. Is there something I am missing to adjust the default player height?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ZeroBytes View Post

                            I was able to resolve this issue using a different uninstaller that removes all stale installations of VS2015 and earlier.

                            A new problem I am experiencing, when replacing my current VR Pawn with the VRCharacter, the height of the character is much larger than the previous version. How can I set the default height to be lower than what it is currently set to? I played with some of the settings that all had to deal with height, and nothing changed. Is there something I am missing to adjust the default player height?
                            Don't offset the hmd/controller root at all, my VRCharacter places your roomscale feet at the zero point of the actor itself, so you don't need to do the offset that the Epic template uses.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                              Don't offset the hmd/controller root at all, my VRCharacter places your roomscale feet at the zero point of the actor itself, so you don't need to do the offset that the Epic template uses.
                              If I just place the VRCharacter into the level, the HMD location is positioned much higher than the Epic VRPawn (my head is clipping through the roof), and it spawns in a random location within the level. I placed a "Player Start" actor into the level, which fixes the spawn location, but the HMD height is still making me clip through the ceiling.

                              In the pictures attached, I have to sit down in order to not clip through the ceiling. If I adjust the "Player Start" to be lower, it lowers the spawn position of the HMD, but if it is lowered below the floor at all, the player will be spawned in a random location on the map, even with collision checking to always spawn in desired location.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ZeroBytes View Post

                                If I just place the VRCharacter into the level, the HMD location is positioned much higher than the Epic VRPawn (my head is clipping through the roof), and it spawns in a random location within the level. I placed a "Player Start" actor into the level, which fixes the spawn location, but the HMD height is still making me clip through the ceiling.

                                In the pictures attached, I have to sit down in order to not clip through the ceiling. If I adjust the "Player Start" to be lower, it lowers the spawn position of the HMD, but if it is lowered below the floor at all, the player will be spawned in a random location on the map, even with collision checking to always spawn in desired location.
                                Again....The epic VR pawn you are manually moving the camera down for by the half height of the capsule, my pawn you aren't, it should be using your actual height in the tracked space. Offset from the VRRoot capsules location. Make sure that the NetSmoother scene component is at 0,0,0 and not offset (just changing base class can leave some components offset).

                                Also make sure you are using "VRCharacter" and not "VRBaseCharacter". You can check out the template for examples, but generally it should function just like a normal character.

                                You should also fall with gravity after spawning, if the player is stuck floating because the spawn point is offset then you have the movement mode wrong or are not possessing it or are stuck inside of collision.

                                *Edit* Just judging from that screen shot btw, the elevator appears to be mis scaled), that or it is very very very small.
                                Last edited by mordentral; 03-14-2018, 04:17 PM.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X