VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
    Hmm.. I am having problem with this plugin. If I ever set GameModeto be something, the controller stops tracking and I cannot do anything. Even if I spawn into worls through playerStart. Controllers ain't tracking. If I put my character in game and use default GameMode, all works. Any idea what the problem is?
    You are likely spawning in the FPS pawn then, its set to not track with the controllers.

The template has a player controller that spawns one or the other pawns depending on what you are doing, you can just override this.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added new game to the WIP list

Timmy's Playhouse

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi! thanks a lot for this plugin is awesome!
        Just wondering (maybe I havent checked all the info) but when the second player in a multiplayer game appears he see the vive controls instead of the hands like the first player, it is possible to make the two players appears with the hands mesh?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiserand View Post
          Hi! thanks a lot for this plugin is awesome!
          Just wondering (maybe I havent checked all the info) but when the second player in a multiplayer game appears he see the vive controls instead of the hands like the first player, it is possible to make the two players appears with the hands mesh?
          Remove the nodes in the big red comment box labeled "OPENVR ONLY" in the character. It only loads the controllers to give an example of how to do it with the model loading nodes.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey! Thanks for amazing plugin!

I have a major problem with my project. When I run the project, my motion controllers go inside of the collision of HMD(or camera) and it doesnt seem to possess the pawn correctly. Does any one had this error before? I attached some images of the problem

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi,

I m have been trying to get the example template to work for the past 2 days with no lucks, I followed the instruction to switch the engine version (success with no error) but no project file was generated, then I click on the generate project, still success with no error but no project file gets generated.

Is there a pre-build version of example template for 4.18 I can find?

Thanks.

Realized the issue is that i have both VS 2015 and 2017 in my pc, and C++ only lives in 2017, fixed my issue after uninstall VS 2015
              Last edited by whoops1122; 02-26-2018, 06:24 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Anybody else experience crashing with 4.19 version template here https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches ? When playing template it suddenly might crash or when you quickly tap the trigger, the crash might occur. It this known problem?

Comment

Anybody else experience crashing with 4.19 version template here https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches ? When playing template it suddenly might crash or when you quickly tap the trigger, the crash might occur. It this known problem?
                  Its 4.19, in editor in VR there is a crash that results in an infinite garbage collection loop.

It happens in the default template as well.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Its 4.19, in editor in VR there is a crash that results in an infinite garbage collection loop.

It happens in the default template as well.
                    Aah thanks man. So nothing can do but to wait. Or is there any known "hack" to bypass the crash besides somehow disabling the garbage collection temporally?

Alternatively, is there a way to convert the newest progress of the plugin to Unreal Engine v4.16, that seems to be the best working version of the Unreal so far? I tried to change the Unreal Engine version to 4.16, but it cannot compile the Plugins anymore. I saw, that v4.16 branch is many months behind the current branches so it might missing some stuff.

Thanks a lot for the plugin.
                    Last edited by Frisco; 02-25-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Fellow VR Devs! Just wanted to share a bit of gameplay from what I've been building with the plugin. https://youtu.be/1IaLbDVsVAI?t=18m10s. Thanks so much again Mordentral this is an amazing experience to be able to put together VR games!

Comment

Originally posted by batubozkan
                        Hey thanks for the great plugin!

I bumped into an error while doing my project and i hope someone could help me with this one.

When I add Player Start and run the project my motion controllers doesnt get recognized immediately and when I try to use them they get sucked into HDM's collusion and dissapear. This also affects my VR pawn.

You can find the screenshots of the bug

Thanks again
                        Check the GameMode in World Settings, i have some similar problem creating a 2d menu lobby for a multiplayer game and when the game launch one hand was missing so in my case was the game mode it works super good if you use the SteamVR_GM in the map level

Comment

Aah thanks man. So nothing can do but to wait. Or is there any known "hack" to bypass the crash besides somehow disabling the garbage collection temporally?

Alternatively, is there a way to convert the newest progress of the plugin to Unreal Engine v4.16, that seems to be the best working version of the Unreal so far? I tried to change the Unreal Engine version to 4.16, but it cannot compile the Plugins anymore. I saw, that v4.16 branch is many months behind the current branches so it might missing some stuff.

Thanks a lot for the plugin.
                          Needs to be bug fixed on the engines end afaik, others have been running into it without the plugin as well, since 4.19 is a preview build its not the largest deal unless it releases with it still broken.

There is far too much incompatible across 4.18 and 4.16, Epic changed a lot of the back end. You could start with the 4.16 build and cherry pick features from the commits to add to it, but I don't specifically support all features backwards. A lot of the additions require/d deep character modifications to do and so they would have to be re-written for older engine versions.

If it is something like the interactibles or the gesture component, those should just slot right in without a problem.

Although, while 4.16 was the most stable, I still consider 4.18 the "best VR patch" so far.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 02-26-2018, 09:23 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by batubozkan
                            Hey thanks for the great plugin!

I bumped into an error while doing my project and i hope someone could help me with this one.

When I add Player Start and run the project my motion controllers doesnt get recognized immediately and when I try to use them they get sucked into HDM's collusion and dissapear. This also affects my VR pawn.

You can find the screenshots of the bug

Thanks again
                            "sucked into" sounds like tracking loss more than anything else, more so if they don't track at first anyway.

Regardless as Kaiser said I have the gamemode set to use the player controller that spawns the correct character, make sure you have either that, or use your own gamemode and spawn the correct character.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey, man! Absolutely love your work here, this plugin is a godsend, it solves so many of our issues.

I was wondering though, because there's one issue we still have. Our game is multiplayer, and we have a mechanic where the players can throw items at each other. Using the Client Authritative movement replication setting, we are able to replicate the gripped movement very smoothly and have the clients be able to pick up items as well. With most other replication settings, it seems the client either doesn't replicate its gripping or isn't allowed to grip the actor. The issue however, is that only the host player preserves the momentum of their throw, whereas clients lose all momentum and the item just falls straight down out of their hands regardless of how hard they try throwing it.

Do you have any idea how we can fix this? With most other replication settings, it seems the client either doesn't replicate or isn't allowed to grip the actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars- View Post
                                Hey, man! Absolutely love your work here, this plugin is a godsend, it solves so many of our issues.

I was wondering though, because there's one issue we still have. Our game is multiplayer, and we have a mechanic where the players can throw items at each other. Using the Client Authritative movement replication setting, we are able to replicate the gripped movement very smoothly and have the clients be able to pick up items as well. With most other replication settings, it seems the client either doesn't replicate its gripping or isn't allowed to grip the actor. The issue however, is that only the host player preserves the momentum of their throw, whereas clients lose all momentum and the item just falls straight down out of their hands regardless of how hard they try throwing it.

Do you have any idea how we can fix this? With most other replication settings, it seems the client either doesn't replicate or isn't allowed to grip the actor.
                                You were missing the log messages from the other attempts, Client authoritative is the only grip type that can be called on the client (it auto replicates the grip upwards so the client has no noticable delay). All of the other types have to be called on the server. I don't auto RPC those for people because they may want to pass verification data along with the grip request.

You can see the template structure if that is confusing for you, it checks if it is an authoritative grip or not and RPCs it or not.

Generally for things like throwing objects back and forth I would suggest that you use the ClientSideMovement replication mode, while you will have a slight delay while the server inits the grip, it will sync better overall, client authoritive is generally to be used for things like guns and objects specifically for the owning character.

*Edit* Loss of momentum on the client authoritative isn't intended though, that may be an actual bug, i'll look into it.

*Edit2* While it shouldn't have been causing no momentum, the client authoritive wasn't passing the momentum from the client up, which is needed for a throw to feel correct. A fix for that will be in a patch today later.
                                Last edited by mordentral; 02-26-2018, 11:50 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X