No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious if anyone has set this up properly with a full character skeletal mesh. I've added a skeletal mesh to my pawn, and I have properly configured the arms and head to track to the motion controllers and the HMD, but I was wondering about setting the appropriate height for the character and keeping him at an appropriate offset to keep his feet on the ground. Has anyone done it with the VivePawn?

I'd appreciate any help in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Rebel15515 View Post
      Just curious if anyone has set this up properly with a full character skeletal mesh. I've added a skeletal mesh to my pawn, and I have properly configured the arms and head to track to the motion controllers and the HMD, but I was wondering about setting the appropriate height for the character and keeping him at an appropriate offset to keep his feet on the ground. Has anyone done it with the VivePawn?

I'd appreciate any help in the right direction.
      Had a feature request specifically around that recently that was added, the ParentRelativeComponent now has a toggled mode "bUseFeetLocation" which will place it at the floor under the hmd instead of at the HMD itself. This should make it significantly easier to root the feet.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Does this have a magic component that excludes 3d widgets from post processing?
        George Rolfe.
        Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
          Does this have a magic component that excludes 3d widgets from post processing?
          There is a Stereo 3D Widget component that renders the widget in a stereo layer instead of in world.....so technically yes?

However stereo layers are currently broken in engine with the openVR beta.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Big list of unannounced changes, been doing a lot of things that never amounted to enough to publish in here before.
            These were all pushed to their repositories in the past two weeks.

General Plugin Changes (4.18-4.19)
            Code:
            Corrected imprecision issue with inverse transforming of the interactibles
            I use the inverse of the grip transform to get the hands original location relative to
            the object on grip for the interactible calculations. I was getting precision errors
            when getting FTransform::Inverse if the interactible was unevenly scaled on any axis.
            Converting to a FMatrix, then inversing, then back to FTransform removed this precision issue.
            I am still uncertain why FTransform::Inverse was misbehaving in this situation.

Added some events to the SliderInteractible (OnHitEnd)

Started working on bEnforceSplineLinearity to keep a slider in line on a spline
            (Unfinished needs work).

Added bLerpAlongSpline to slider to smooth out the movement.

Added grip prio to all interactibles

Fixed teleport move grip node (one of the variables was output instead of input)

Added Re-calculate lever angle function to lever

Also made the ResetLever function re-calculate the angle as well.

Set character default rotation replication values to shorts

Changed how controllers copy a replicated relative grip from a deep copy to a shallow one.
            This is to avoid overriding important local only variables.
            4.19 Only Plugin Changes

Code:
            Blueprint cleanup with pure/callable node choices, some nodes were returning multiple variables making
            it more likely that people would abuse them and multiple call them as pure, converted these to callable.

OpenVRExpansionLibrary added "GetOpenVRHmdType" node that breaks down to the specific headset
            connected in OpenVR. This is due to the module reporting as SteamVR type always.
            I will need to manually added headsets in here as new ones come out, its a shortcut service
            for my users.

Greatly reduced the characters CPU load when updating to the physics thread, removed one ticked update
            that I had caused and three that Epic had caused that were extra.

Moved the application of the Input data to the control rotation to the character movement component.
            This is so that I can have correct rotations prior to moving the character. Typical engine behavior
            is to have the rotation done in the player controller AFTER all movement is applied, this can cause
            issues due to our offset movements.

Converted the OpenVRExpansionLibrary device oriented nodes entirely over to index's and added some
            Getter nodes for type / specific devices. This brings my node library directly in line to being compatible
            with epics one as well as clears room for vive pro and devices where trackers and the like are activated
            out of normal order.

Changed bIgnoreSimulatingComponents to just
            ignore PhysicsBody channel objects for the floor check so I could avoid
            the multi sweep I was doing (slower) before. If you intend to use this functionality
            instead of just removing collision then be aware that the objects need to be on the PhysicsBody
            channel now.

4.19 Template Changes

Code:
            Secondary grips moved to client side and pre-checked, also secondary checked before primary.

Many other BP changes and cleanups for the characters.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

hello I try the plugin in 4.18, but the engine crashes very often when I change something to blueprint!

for example i add a flip flop node to vive character no matter where compile and engine crash!

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post
                hello I try the plugin in 4.18, but the engine crashes very often when I change something to blueprint!

for example i add a flip flop node to vive character no matter where compile and engine crash!
                Its because of an engine bug that they introduced when using a c++ character with a BP subclass that also has its own BP subclass.

Just deleting the FPSVive_PawnCharacter will fix it for you for now, or going into project settings and unticking "Use BP Compilation Manager".

Its fixed in 4.19, likely won't see the fix in 4.18 unless they release a standalong hotfix.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Finished some VRSlider additions the last two days.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

How i can to reduce Movements Modes? i want only 2

Comment

How i can to reduce Movements Modes? i want only 2
                      Well you likely want to remove the cycling anyway, but you just set the enum to which one you want. You can rip out the nodes for the ones you don't use to de-clutter the workspace as well.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Did a video about custom grips in the plugin, had a hard time making the second half of it easy to understand, may think about terminology and try and go over that part again at a later date, this was all last minute.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Well you likely want to remove the cycling anyway, but you just set the enum to which one you want. You can rip out the nodes for the ones you don't use to de-clutter the workspace as well.
                          I want the cycling but with only 2 modes! i remove all modes what i dont need from the enum but now if i click the grib after second mode say Maximum and not cycling.

Comment

I want the cycling but with only 2 modes! i remove all modes what i dont need from the enum but now if i click the grib after second mode say Maximum and not cycling.
                            Go to where it cycles and re-link the missing nodes on the enum then, you could have just done that to skip ones you didn't want anyway.

The cycling isn't really intended for games, its for testing them all in the template, generally movement mode cycling should be in a menu so you free up your grip buttons.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

EDIT: So no clue how or why it worked, but I copied the .uproject file from my messed up project and replaced the .uproject file in my messed up backup and it loaded. So yeah, no clue why, but it works now.

So out of the blue, I started getting the following error when I attempt to start my project. I have no clue what would have caused this, as my project was open, I saved, rebooted my PC, then started getting this error.

At this point, when I attempt to open the editor, no matter what option I choose, the project fails to launch and the editor crashes.

It references the Euro Lowpass filter every time.

I have backups of my project, however unfortunately, the most recent one also has this error, and the previous one will set me back quite a lot of work.
                              Last edited by Lone_Rebel15515; 02-21-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Hmm.. I am having problem with this plugin. If I ever set GameModeto be something, the controller stops tracking and I cannot do anything. Even if I spawn into worls through playerStart. Controllers ain't tracking. If I put my character in game and use default GameMode, all works. Any idea what the problem is?
                                Last edited by Frisco; 02-22-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X