VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SKYNET2K View Post
    I make now the VRTraceChannel and set it in my Controller to Ignore!

But where i can set thats the VRTraceChannel is the Capsule?
    In the gripping blueprints there is a trace that uses it, you'll have to re-link it since you migrated without having that trace in yet.

The capsules collision setup can be set to ignore that channel then and it wont be gripped.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Anyone knows if this plugin works with 4.19? If not, any estmation when will be updated? Thanks like always.
      Video games development and outsourcing studio.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOverG View Post
        Anyone knows if this plugin works with 4.19? If not, any estmation when will be updated? Thanks like always.
        It has branches for 4.19, but engine 4.19 is a preview build and in a rough state currently. I don't create packaged zips of the plugin until the preview version releases.

You can feel free to download the 4.19 branch and play around if you want.

The same day that 4.19 officially releases the plugin will be on it officially.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

It has branches for 4.19, but engine 4.19 is a preview build and in a rough state currently. I don't create packaged zips of the plugin until the preview version releases.

You can feel free to download the 4.19 branch and play around if you want.

The same day that 4.19 officially releases the plugin will be on it officially.
          Thank you very much for the answer.
          Video games development and outsourcing studio.

Comment

How i can use in 4.15 two handed holding? with epics standard hands and Plugin VR Character?

Comment

Originally posted by Mallory85 View Post
              How i can use in 4.15 two handed holding? with epics standard hands and Plugin VR Character?
              Unsure of your question, you want to use epics hand meshes? Or their template setup?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

No i use Epics standart template and your plugin in 4.15

Now i ask how i can hold a weapon or a mesh with two hands like the weapon in you 4.18 template!

Comment

Plugin changes
                  Code:
                  Added Controller profiles to the plugin.

See Post: Controller Profiles

Accepted Space Harry's VRMountComponent pull request (A turret like interactible component)
                  Due to waiting on the next 4.19 preview (getting some bad crashes on current one that gets in the way of working with it too much) I spoke with some of my discord members and decided on a quick feature addition that should make a lot of things easier in the future for plugin users, this addition is in 4.18 and 4.19.

New Feature: Controller Profiles

As part of the VRGlobalSettings class (which I have been looking to expand on for awhile now) I have added Controller Profiles. These allow you to rebind Actions/Axis's to different key mappings by specifying a profile to load in. Think of them like override mappings for the general input settings, anything you don't specify will be left as is. Anything that you do
                  specify will overwrite what is currently set to that Action/Axis.

Generated documentation: VRGlobalSettings

Generally the two functions that will be used most for it are below:

Load Controller Profile by Name: will load a specific controller profile and overwrite the axis/action mappings that match to the ones in the profile.
                  As well as setting the currently loaded offset transform for backend use.

Adjust Transform by Controller Profile: Uses either a passed in profile, or the currently loaded one to adjust a socket transform for snap grips. This lets you just
                  load a profile and have the rot and lot offset to match the in use controller (ie: add a 60 degree pitch to vive wands or remove it for touch depending on how you set
                  your socket rotations. (will be added to 4.19 template).

Last edited by mordentral; 01-29-2018, 04:38 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

No i use Epics standart template and your plugin in 4.15

Now i ask how i can hold a weapon or a mesh with two hands like the weapon in you 4.18 template!
                    Add Secondary Attachment when using my gripping system, if you don't want to use my gripping system then just use the basic form of a LookAtRotation node.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

use the basic form of a LookAtRotation node..
                      OK can you show me how?

Comment

OK can you show me how?
                        Look at any of the other blueprint only templates, they use the basic Look at for two handed interactions. Its probably better anyway for you if you don't intend to use this plugins entire gripping system to use the more basic blueprint only method.

Try Mitches examples, he has a two handed setup in there for something I think and it should work fine on 4.15.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hmm i am not understand what you mean the Epic Standard Template has one Hand Holding i need exact this what is in the Plugin!

Comment

Hmm i am not understand what you mean the Epic Standard Template has one Hand Holding i need exact this what is in the Plugin!
                            Then you'll have to manually implement the gripping system

GripMotionControllerComponent

The nodes will be slightly different in 4.15 than their current versions but it should be close. The template is a reference for them but generally GripObject/GripObjectByInterface and DropObject/DropObjectByInterface are what you would want to use.

For two handed, AddSecondaryAttachment to an already held object.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Controller profiles!! Awesome!
                              Michael Wentworth-Bell
                              Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                              Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Hi mordentral
                                First off, KUDOS on the ambitious and valuable research and development. 100 Thanks in advance.

Over the past few weeks, I've been looking at the WIKI and the forum, and am slightly confused because of all the options. Would you (or someone else) be so kind as to answer the following n00b questions for me?

1. I notice on the wiki, the step by step says "If you're not using the pre-built plugin, you will have to build/compile the plugin yourself."
                                Is there a reason I would not want to use the pre-built plugin? If I use it, does that mean I get to avoid the Visual Studio steps on the how to, or is that a key component of the process?

2. I notice there are pre-built plugins for version 4.15.1 - 4.18.3. Do you have any suggestions for the best engine choice if starting fresh development (Oculus Touch on W10)? I would assume the most recent is the choice to go with, but I imagine there are some quirks / unique things that may have gotten lost along the way etc.

3. If you have any other tips for a n00b -- maybe things you see people struggle with frequently, I'd love a heads up.

Keep up the great work.

-GL

Comment

Working...
                                X